ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   East Sussex Scoobies meet - Jan 2004 (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/287353-east-sussex-scoobies-meet-jan-2004-a.html)

ScoobyDuck 17 January 2004 11:09 AM

Nathan :(

but u should be :D in a way that it's its last meet !! :D:D:D

dry - bright .. oh .. that means i should go and clean mine ! tis a little on the dirty side!

Steve

555 Markus 17 January 2004 11:28 AM

Have a great one! Sadly I'm sat here at work so won't be able to make it this afternoon.

Hope to see you all soon.

Mark :)

Nathan L 17 January 2004 11:36 AM

Will still be :( when and IF it goes.

Mark

Will hopefully see you at the next.

Nathan..

Nathan L 17 January 2004 06:46 PM

Thanks to those who came along today in the freezing cold. Was a good meet, shame the learner got in the way on the drive out!

*Mental note to self*

It is not big and it is not clever to pick on Peugeot 1.9 GTi Cabriolets with big exhausts with passengers pulling wanker signs at you. Even if you are limited to 5000 revs :rolleyes:

*Mental note to self*

Nathan..

Edited to say "I lied" the 205 GTi cab is a 1.9 not 1.6 Doh!!!

[Edited by Nathan L - 1/17/2004 11:36:57 PM]

ScoobyDuck 17 January 2004 07:07 PM

Ha ha ha ha !!! :D:D

and how about that &%$^%^ bus driver then! god -- nearly needed a new set of alloys there!

nice to see everyone...
will contact Jason re: putting something up on the site (in a private area maybe)

Steve

[Edited by ScoobyDuck - 1/17/2004 7:08:50 PM]

Dyney 17 January 2004 07:32 PM

Did you have an probs with the persistant R5 turbo I left you with?
He came steaming through the town trying to catch us, then sat right on my bumper!! :rolleyes:

Dyney 17 January 2004 07:34 PM

Just to add great to see everyone and a good safe drive out:)
No sillyness or excessive speed just great roads with loads of twistys:D:D
I though we weren't taking the bumpy route!

Nathan L 17 January 2004 11:07 PM

You're right I forgot about the Muppet bus driver :rolleyes: "I'm coming through get out of my way, I'm bigger than you, I don't mind if you scuff your wheels"

No problems with the R5 tho. On the way back up towards Stone Cross we came up behind a Peugeot 205 Cab GTi and the rear passenger decides to give it large out the back window with the hand gestures. So we "Followed at a safe distance" ;) through the national for a short while to p1ss him and his mates off :D

Nathan..

No-bars Krud 18 January 2004 09:21 AM

Gosh! Exciting tales of derring-do abound within this thread. Glad the run was enjoyed and thanks to Kevin for leading in a sensible manner.

After several seconds in secret session, Nathan deffo wins "Bling of the meet" award and Glenn wins "battery of the meet" award.

Hopefully see you next time Mark.

Any piccies Nathan?

Nathan L 18 January 2004 11:10 AM

Just a sample. I'll send the others over to J in full size for the ESS site.

http://members.aol.com/nathanlangley39/meet1.jpg

Nathan..

ScoobyK 18 January 2004 06:20 PM

Hardly the next mod I had planned Keith, a new battery...but saves me bump starting the car every timeI go out !

Nice to make it, even if only briefly, and then finally in Mondeo !

Sounds like we missed a fun drive, but when are they never !! (Had a play with a mate of mine in his Skyline today...finally got past (I was in the Ford) and realised it was his dad driving lol).

Looking forward to the next one.

fdpxfunix 21 January 2004 04:13 PM

Guys

Apologies for not getting the ESS site up to date with the Jan meet pics, but I've got a new works laptop that I'm having problems with.

Thought I'd be clever and start using Dreamweaver ... well lets just say I need some lessons! ... so it's back to FrontPage, which I'll have installed tomorrow.

Hope to get the site update lunchtime(ish) on Thursday.

J.