ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Women (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/280924-women.html)

Butkus 12 December 2003 05:41 PM

From Ladder Theory :)

"Criticism: You're just bitter.
Answer: Maybe I am. But ladder theory made me that way, my bitterness did
not make ladder theory. Attack the theory, not the person behind it. And why
does everyone always say I'm bitter just because 99.999% of chicks are
bitches?"

Case in point being the comment posted above by Neverguess - look at the way the comment is written to make men look small.

Ugh, smug women.

[Edited by Butkus - 12/12/2003 5:43:52 PM]

[Edited by Butkus - 12/12/2003 5:48:27 PM]

paulwrxboro 12 December 2003 05:46 PM

yes but turn to page 694 under beergogels i think you will find this rules out page 693

Neverguess 12 December 2003 05:48 PM

I do like the cuddleb*tch theory though....I too have cuddle b*tches and didn't realise until now.

How YOU doin'???

icantthinkofone 12 December 2003 05:52 PM

Hang on a minute.. I'm rich, successfull, an outlaw biker, and a serving cuddle b1tch.. wtf :confused: :D

LG John 12 December 2003 08:39 PM

For guys unacquainted with Ladder Theory, it is even worse. The cuddle bitch often thinks he is on the good ladder as opposed to the real ladder. So he gets all excited about his position instead of realizing he is being completely used. So this poor tool is really setting himself up for a fall at that point
LOL - I've been in that situ before. When I woke up and realised the score I had a go at her and she had a breakdown - schweeeet ;):D

Sith 12 December 2003 09:01 PM

Vin, your boat has sailed mate. You are now just a mate to her.

Dan B 12 December 2003 10:11 PM

Is she clever enough to be testing you?

[snigger]

Turbo_Steve 12 December 2003 10:40 PM

Definite Brush off.

I would get her drunk in a nice friendly environment (Pizza and plenty of wine and a weepy DVD) and get all snuggled up. Make sure she is fairly tipsy, and make a gentle but forceful move, potentially saying something a little dirty to enforce what a bad boy you are (she didn't know that). If she doesn't recoil in horror, then persist. If she does recoil in horror, apologise, blame the booze and forget the whole thing.

If she doesn't then you need to make a moral call on whether you want to take advantage of her while drunk (almost definitely likely to end in tears and huge rows and you being an asshole....which would probably be true) or to get 'so far' with her (usually a nice state of arousal) and then play the "what are we doing, you're my best friend" routine.

This will usually illicit an "OH please!" type response from her, and she will frequently jump on you. This means you put the ball in her court, and she made the (albeit drunken) decision to proceed.

Chances are this whole endevour will fail and leave you feeling miserable, but it is the acid test: If there was chemistry there, it can sometimes be revived by stressing the latent "physical" nature of your relationship with her.

Chances are, though, even if you succeed you will be brushed off at the next opportunity, and your friendship will fail, though it MAY work out that you sustain a long and happy relationship.

Trouble is, most relationships start out based on a couples fictional ideas about each other. If people knew what other people were really like, they wou;dn't touch them with a barge pole.

How Cyncical do I look now?

The ladder theory fails to account for something, though. Compatibility. This could possibly be "true love", or "loyalty" but after a certain period of time, both people in a relationship will decide they have invested so much in it that they naturally creep up each others ladders. It is sometimes also referreed to as "kids". It's an ethical operand to the normal theorem, but one I feel cannot be dismissed, certainly among 50% of people.

Dan B 12 December 2003 10:51 PM

It is sometimes also referreed to as "kids".

Am I a bad man to PMSL?

Spoon 12 December 2003 10:56 PM

Man, you have the patience of a saint
Or really just a poófter!!

1.5 years!!!! wtf?

1.5 hours is 1 hour too long.

Take the advice from the women, it's a brush off.

M J B 12 December 2003 11:05 PM

A common question men ask of women is "Tell me what you want in a man?", which is like asking how many guys she's slept with
LMAO

Redkop 12 December 2003 11:18 PM

Another female here agreeing that you are being given a polite brush-off.

Katana 13 December 2003 12:23 AM

Dude face it. She'll sleep with anyone but you. The least you can do is either ignore her from now on or introduce her to your fellow scoobynetters. She's what you would call a "cock teaser".

VinPetrol 13 December 2003 09:21 AM

Turbo Steve: That I guess would be my last resort, if I havnt already scared her off. A good run down of that situation and the various possibilities there m8, cheers. Sounds like u been there yourself.

I went out last night, an was chattin to a girl I reciently met n she was buyin me drinks, cuddling me, but now am aware of cuddle bitch, I am gettin paranoid that any affection shown by the opposite sex is just CUDDLE BITCHIN ?

VinPetrol 13 December 2003 10:54 AM

Generally most peeps seem to thinks its game over n i should move on eh...U may be right but hopefully this case will be the exception to the rule. I will post any developments.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-063.gif or http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-064.gif

Turbo_Steve 15 December 2003 12:49 AM

Perhaps you should consider ensuring you make one sexual / flirtatious / ungentlemently comment every hour. Just to remind these ladies who think you are lovely that perhaps your intentions are not 100% benign.

If you mention in some subtle(ish) way how much you'd like to bed them once every time you see them, they will either laugh it off or encourage you to continue.

To my mind, the ladder theory works very well at a "Lust" level, but really doesn't cover the whole complex gamut of what most women with an IQ over 100 are looking for in a relationship.
My experience has been that as long as you make yourself patently clear from the word go, you wil either get brushed off immediately, be chosen as worth bedding there and then (which means lust but less potential long term) or will be entertained between the friends / maybe lover category.

I find it pays to be as upfront and honest and just be yourself as much as possible. Most women worth having a relationship with will either try and take advantage of you straight away, or appreciate your honesty and simply be honest back.

Katana 15 December 2003 01:01 AM

Hey steve guess what? I can't seem to sleep tonight. I think I might have overslept. :(

edit: You and mice are my witness btw. According to Katannette, I snore but I dont do I?

[Edited by Katana - 12/15/2003 1:02:44 AM]

Mice_Elf 15 December 2003 08:31 AM

<small thread hijack>

Kat, in the 23 hours (;)) that you slept on the journey up and down the country, you did not snore at all. :D

</small thread hijack>

VinPetrol 15 December 2003 10:11 AM

TurboSteve...again makin sence, will have to try the flirt/sex comment per hour thing, n see what happenns?

thanks for all your comments, feel free to add some more they really are very usefull, I will post any developments...Cheers

VinPetrol 16 December 2003 02:12 PM

Iv been brushed havnt I ? I havnt heard anything from her since I told her how I felt...

_evo_bird_ 16 December 2003 02:43 PM

i just read all that stuff posted to u and have 2 agree with most of it ... hun you were to slow ... i dont think this girl was on a tease with u ...just that she at the time of feelin that lill something in the begining ... thats when u should have made the move... instead your deeper respectfull feelings came in the way and you took your time as to not mess up .... but like 1 person said to u ...u have missed the boat ... and she not coming back in the dock again for u to have a chance to board !! soz x

weapon69 16 December 2003 02:52 PM

She might like you.......Us females like to change our minds:D

TonyNesta 16 December 2003 03:00 PM

....but do you really want to end up looking like Buster Gonad, just in case she changes her mind ?

T

weapon69 16 December 2003 03:03 PM

She might have a freak change of mind. In my case, curiousity got the better of me and my male friend turned into a very nice male friend;) :D

TonyNesta 16 December 2003 03:24 PM

W69, I do like stories with a happy ending !

Best wishes,

T

Butkus 16 December 2003 04:43 PM

I was recently given some advice on this subject and it's definitely the way to go. You should try to get more than one woman on the go at the outset. Just date as many as possible and keep them all going however well you think individual relationships are going.

This is based on the fact that so many relationships fail to take off.

If one 'relationship' fails then it doesn't really matter - there're others to fall back on, so your heart doesn't keep getting handed to you.

I have been in similar situations before where I have been seeing three girls at the same time. The thing was that I would finish it with two of them, only to have the remaining one finish with me. I thought it was 'the right thing to do' but if nothing's become serious with any of them, then I don't think anyone's going to get hurt.

This approach sounds harsh, but you have to protect your emotions.

Probably the ramblings of a bitter fool, but there you go!

[Edited by Butkus - 12/16/2003 4:44:58 PM]

_evo_bird_ 16 December 2003 07:38 PM

Butkus ... i know what you mean ...and admire you for your honesty m8 !

Lord Jeffery Wode esq. 16 December 2003 08:17 PM

Wait until you are shagging someone else. Then she tells you that she loves you. That's when it really gets confusing !

Adrian F 16 December 2003 10:01 PM

Yes but she will only love him Because he is shaging some one else.

As to three women i know a few women who have multiple boyfriends aparrently they justify it by saying they "are seeing" them but not "with them"? works for women so should work for men!

rr_ww 17 December 2003 01:34 PM

A while ago I got a niceish brush off. So still treated her like a mate. But made a point of not seeing her so often. Now one of her mates keeps asking me "So, You've given up on **** then" I always say something about no point in pushing is there if shes not interested. (This mate has a BF before you all jump to that conclusion)

No Smoke without fire I suppose!:D SO sometimes a girl can only see what shes missing when your not around. So get out and pull something else pronto.