ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   reporting police for reckless driving !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/279192-reporting-police-for-reckless-driving.html)

DRUNKNORGY 07 December 2003 02:01 PM

Again, you are UNINFORMED.

The Police Force's budget "soaks up" every 3rd party claim as well as damage to police vehicles... its called devolved budgeting!

Serious question - where do you think the police force's budget comes from? Hint - I see a large deduction on my over inflated council tax bill towards policing - note the word tax - see where I'm going with this?
I would PMSL if it wasn't so serious. It called 'Trying to blow smoke up the general publics Arse' !

We won't dig too deeply into the immense amount of sickies which is absolutely rampant in the police forces up and down the land :rolleyes: . You complain about undermanning, etc, etc, I'm not surprised and if you had to manage the police force as a business, it wouldn't happen anywhere near the degree to which it is has been . Lets just say if it wasn't being supported by the public purse (which has seen DEMANDS in council tax levels skyrocket as a direct result) I wouldn't give 2 monkeys :(.

talizman 07 December 2003 03:35 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why should the Police in general ask themselves why people feel so bitter towards them?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there in one small sentence is everything that is wrong with the police in the UK today.
Just because a few of you have experieced the "bad apples" and are therefore "bitter", you think that there is something I can do about this?

What can I do regards this? Absolutely nothing, so why bother with it?

I do an honest days work, persecuting criminals, so if people want to complain about the police they have had dealings with,
whilst throwing schoolyard names about, why should I bother my a$$ with trying to alter public perception?

The attitudes on this BBS will NEVER change, so what is to be gained by ramming my head against a brick wall?

I have my opinions as to why the public feel bitter towards the police, and I don't intend to go into them on here,
having said that, I do my bit to help change the publics attitude, and their perception of the police by dealing with the public the way I would like to be dealt with.

I'll never change the attitudes on SN, that I am sure of.

and BTW, DRUNKORGY,

unless you have statistic of "sickies" compared with the rest of the public sector, please don't make stark comments without data to back them up.

As for management.... those in the know will be well aware that the Police Force is managed exactly like a business.

Next you'll be telling me that jobs that are managed as businesses don't have sickness records?

And to suggest that the reason for Council tax "skyrocketing" is due to Policing demands on the "public purse" is utterly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

[Edited by talizman - 12/7/2003 3:41:16 PM]

tiggers 07 December 2003 03:48 PM

Just because a few of you have experieced the "bad apples" and are therefore "bitter", you think that I should be concerned by this?
No that is not what I said is it?

I don't think that just because a few us have experienced the "bad apples" as you put it you should be concerned.

I do, however, think you and all your fellow officers should be very concerned that a significant percentage of the public has lost confidence in the police altogether. The fact that you're not may give us all a clue as to why the situation is not improving.

tiggers.

[Edited by tiggers - 12/7/2003 3:49:45 PM]

talizman 07 December 2003 04:08 PM

Tiggers,

I asked why the majority should be concerned with why the public are bitter towards them, as a result of the actions of the minority, and you said that this is what is wrong with the Police service.

I then asked if I am supposed to be concerned with this?

But, you say that that is not what you said.

We can talk in riddles all day, and get nowhere.

As for the "bad apples" (whick I was quoting from another post btw), then there is not a lot I can do to change your attitude if you have had a bad experience with one of these bad uns.

I do, however, think you and all your fellow officers should be very concerned that a significant percentage of the public has lost confidence in the police altogether. The fact that you're not may give us all a clue as to why the situation is not improving.
Firstly, I work a 9 hour shift on average, and I must have blinkers on, cos I certainly do not find that a "significant percentage" of the public has lost confidence????

Are you quoting an opinion poll of some sorts, or just your own personal opinion?, because quite frankly this is not the case.

YOU may have lost confidence. YOU are not a "significant percentage".

Put simply, there is nothing to be concerned about with regards to "lost confidence" unless you can provide proof of some sorts makes this entire argument hypothetical.

In light of this, your second sentence does not merit an answer, simply because you are making out that there are major issues to be concerned about, which don't exist.

Anyway, this thread is about how an officer can be complained abut, and I feel it has been answered sufficiently.

Unfortunately, this has deteriorated into another classic "have a go" thread against the police. Yawn.

tiggers 07 December 2003 04:28 PM

OK final post on this as I am banging my head against the wall.

Talizman,

I am trying to be reasonable, but I always get the impression with your posts on this subject whether I am contributing or not that you go on defensive far too easily and we all know what that means.

Anyway I am pleased to see that you know all about my previous experience with one "bad apple". Well for your information I could cite you five cases each time involving a different police force that I have had persoanl experience of where the police have let me down badly or worse still twisted their version of events. Like I say I'm not going into details, but I would prefer it if you didn't try and judge my experiences when you know absolutely nothing about them.

I try to leave my personal opinions out of these posts as obviously I've just been unlucky which is why I was looking at the situation on a wider scale.

My opinion on a significant proportion of the populous having lost confidence with the police is based on general conversation with people I meet both socially and in business. With all due respect you're hardly likely to get a balanced view of this are you now being as your work is in the police and most people you come into contact with outside of the force socially are hardly likely to volunteer to an oficer that they think the police are crap. You think!!!

Anyway if you want to believe that everybody apart from me thinks you're wonderful (you as in the police not you personally) then that's fine - you carry right on there.

OK I'm done. Please understand I'm not having a go at you personally and I did not want to turn this into a police bashing thread - if I have done this then I apologise. I do however think the polcie as in the force in general need to be worried about the public's perception of them - the again maybe I'm wrong.

Regards,

tiggers.

f1 07 December 2003 04:36 PM

WHOW !!!!! what have I started here, SORRY all !!!! Just to put my last bit in, I've written to CPA and local staion. I was gonna post on here when I heard something, ermmmm, don't think I will now. Once again sorry for the ickle war that seems to be developing.

tiggers 07 December 2003 04:42 PM

f1,

Please accept my apologies for my part in taking this thread away from what was intended. And please do let us all know the results of your enquiries as it would be genuinely interesting to hear what happens. I promise to keep my mouth well and truly shut.

Regards,

tiggers.

talizman 07 December 2003 04:42 PM

Tiggers,

you go on defensive far too easily and we all know what that means
Humour me. What does it mean?

I am pleased to see that you know all about my previous experience with one "bad apple".
You incorrectly assume....I know nothing of your previous experiences mate.

I would prefer it if you didn't try and judge my experiences when you know absolutely nothing about them.
:confused: A few lines above you said that I knew all about your experiences...... hmmmmm

Tell me how I have judged your experiences??????

most people you come into contact with outside of the force socially are hardly likely to volunteer to an oficer that they think the police are crap
Again you incorrectly assume, how wrong you are mate.......

if you want to believe that everybody apart from me thinks you're wonderful
When did I say that anyone thinks I'm wonderful?

What I did say was, that a "significant amount" of the population had not lost confidence..... is this the same as thinking I am wonderful? I think not.

I did not want to turn this into a police bashing thread
Unfortunately, I don't think such is possible on ScoobyNet. :(

ProperCharlie 07 December 2003 04:48 PM

chill out ffs - it's only a bit of ranting on a bbs. inevitably there are going to be people, for whatever reason, who will criticise. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. there will also be people that will say they have no problem or don't think there is a problem. it would bethe same if you were talking about BT, or SKY, or lawyers or *anything*. this time it was the police. fair dos, eh?

i hope this isn't gonna go palmeresque and result in certain people being banned from receiving police assistance due to a few posts on SN!

:D

<i hope you're there when *i* need you, boys in blue, honest!>

IanW 07 December 2003 04:50 PM

And I think that the point raised initally has been covered. I have spoken to the thread starter and this thread is going to be closed now.

F1 as I said in the mail, please feel free to post the outcome in a new thread.

Any issues with me locking this thread, then as per normal mail me scoobynet@gc8.co.uk.

Regards

Ian