ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Harvey "banned" from Well Lane (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/274550-harvey-banned-from-well-lane.html)

harvey 25 November 2003 03:19 PM

I would like to thank all of you who have taken the trouble to compliment me on this and other threads. THANKYOU.
Thanks are also in order for Bob Rawle, John Pye, Matt Clark Andy Forrest and Jonny Gavagan. Without their help, advice and encouragement I would never have got this far.

It has been very interesting getting to this level but I think that this is about as far as I can go with this ODB 2 litre.
The next 2 litre which has been started will have Omega pistons, some head work and cams and maybe some other mods all of which this engine does not have so I think that 600+ bhp is realistic once it is all bedded in.Certainly enough to keep the 2.3, 2.4 or 2.5 litre engine builders concentrated. I might then have a go at a bigger capacity which should be a propper monster engine.

To answer a few questions. Here is the spec. Nothing is missed off as far as I know:

www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000

I am not running Elf Race Fuel (or any other race fuel) although I have tried some in the past. As I have run out of N.F. I got 25l toluene as a stop gap until new supplies of NF are received. I have two maps, one S.U.L and the other with more ignition when enhanced fuel is used.

The car is an every day driver and reasonably tractable.Pulls from 1700 rpm in 5th. It is not a handful to drive unless the throttle is pushed down at which point you need your wits about you. Those that have been in it can confirm all this. Consumption on a journey is around 22mpg and as low as 17mpg with cold starts, round town and a bit of WOT etc but usually nearer 22mpg. Round Croft, down below 6mpg is possible.

Thanks again and good luck with your own projects.

Oh and BTW as I am not doing much more to the STi Wagon for now my WRX Wagon with 250bhp/260 ftlbs and low 14s at the last meet at Elvington is now due for a buget power hike so that will occupy me over Christmas.

gadget daz 25 November 2003 03:27 PM

harv, well done chap, unreal :)

.......bob, i need more sunday :eek: MUCH MORE NOW :D

M0NEY 25 November 2003 06:39 PM

Interesting stuff.

I wonder what 1/4 mile times you could do now. Has to be 10s surely??

Normac 26 November 2003 07:40 AM

Hey Harvey you never told me you had been working that hard at it.
That knocks the sh1t out of my 5.7 V8 Holden

Well done mate....

Byron Zim

ChristianR 26 November 2003 11:22 AM

Harvey what have you done to make it have even more bhp than last time? I do not see anything different on your spec?

Adam M 26 November 2003 11:57 AM

nice to see some fuel economy figures.

Thats the kind of thing I forget to keep in mind.

MorayMackenzie 26 November 2003 01:05 PM

Impressive power figure Harvey. :)

Have you changed your boost profile significantly?

I notice that your peak torque at power engineering was somewhere near 5500rpm, whereas on the latest well lane run peak torque appears to have jumped all the way up to somewhere near 6750 rpm.

I would guess that, assuming the rolling roads were loading the car up in a similar way (this is a big assumption, I know :) ), you are now ramping the boost up all the way to ~7000rpm. Is this anywhere near correct? Curious to know if it could be RR related... although the WRX graphs do appear to be showing a more traditional torque curve. :)

johnfelstead 26 November 2003 07:37 PM

i have noticed peak torque figures from Well Lane seem to apear higher up the rev range than other Rolling Roads. Why that is i dont know.

I know where there is a modern 1200BHP rolling road 15 minutes from me if you fancy a go at 600BHP. :D