ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Do you let your over half drive your scooby? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/273853-do-you-let-your-over-half-drive-your-scooby.html)

Haxzer 21 November 2003 12:26 PM

When I put the wife on my policy it knocked it down by £200, so she most welcome to drive it!

Matt

Gridlock Mikey 21 November 2003 12:44 PM

Ame is on my insurance :D It's nice to share. Besides seeing ya mate with a huge grin on her face when she comes back can't be all bad can it :D
Presuming it's the car that's put the grin there :rolleyes:

Comes in handy for when an unexpected beer opportunity arises too! ;)

Mikey :cool: <You driving sweetheart? ;) >

scunnered 21 November 2003 12:55 PM

Not my other half 'cos she doesn't have a license. I do however let my 18 year old niece use it on occasion. She only passed her test 7 weeks ago. She normally drives a Micra. I can use her car if I'm doing a long journey (only for the mpg).

Alberick 21 November 2003 01:26 PM

Would love to see her driving my MY99, but she's from Japan and was used to drive auto transmission all the time.

But, even if she could use a manual trans., when I see all the dings, dents & cratches on her Daihatsu Cuore....hmm probably NO!!

Puff The Magic Wagon! 21 November 2003 01:45 PM

Not if I can help it :D ;)

PTMW! is registered/insured in her name, but her car is in mine (dunno why its worked out that way :confused: ). We are with NFU which we have found to be excellent, but we are both over 30, good records and have a UK car.

If you saw the state of her car, then you'd understand why. A car to her is a mode of transport for her, Ez and her things. This means that the item itself is not looked after & needs a lot of valeting to clean up & some remedial paint work :rolleyes: I prefer to have my cars not looking like a pig-sty.

She is fine as a driver, but again the mechanical sympathy is non-exisitant. Reckon she's only done about 2000 miles in the 4.5 years we have owned PTMW!

She is also worried about driving PTMW! in case something happens to my pride & joy! Mind you, from past experience with our Corrado when she killed (not scratched - killed) a set of alloys, then that is a possibility.

I always tell her she can drive PTMW! when she wants, but for some reason it always works out that I do ;)

:)

S Page 21 November 2003 01:55 PM

PTMW

I thought with insurance the main named driver also had to be the registered keeper??, so i was told when we insured her Leon Cupra as it would have been £300 cheaper to have me as main driver not her but the cars in her name so they wouldnt let us.

Rusty Festa 21 November 2003 01:59 PM

Tia was on my Sport's policy and when we went to look at an 02 WRX I insisted she also test drove it.

Both cars premiums were reduced by adding her name to them :) and she gets to drive the Scoob whenever she wants :D

CEL 21 November 2003 02:00 PM

Chain them to the kitchen sink then, the world plus the roads and most important our Scoobs will be a lot safer
LMAO :D

Gav 21 November 2003 02:19 PM

my other half doesn't, but my mum does:D:D

she loves it!!!

S Page 21 November 2003 06:20 PM

Thanks for the input but i could do with a few insurance company names that you use, sounds like most of you get a good deal??

kazlo 21 November 2003 06:31 PM

insured in the wifes name ,myself as a named driver £680 fully comp

Mortywrx 21 November 2003 07:08 PM

its only time the scooby gets drove sensibly(spelling):D

Darren

Ady 1 22 November 2003 05:36 PM

Yeh, my missus is on the policy too and it was cheaper (slightly), I am with Liverpool Vic so give em a bell and see if they can better 'Turpins Insurance'. the number is 08706004528 and open hours are 8am-8pm Mon to Fri, 8am-4pm Saturdays.

Ady