ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Accelerator pedal - women drivers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/246820-accelerator-pedal-women-drivers.html)

Redkop 06 September 2003 12:38 AM

There's no point Inforcer, they know that blokes are guilty of the same things ie. crap driving! So let them play if it makes them feel better - would hate to spoil their fun :p :p

kicked 06 September 2003 12:40 AM

Isn't the reason why women drivers 'have less accidents' than men because a lot of them are on their old man's insurance so when a claim goes in, it's under the old mans name, not the womans?? I don't think it matters if ya a bloke or a woman and think insurance should be the same for either sex! I mean, in this day and age, if a bloke had cheaper insurance then hell would break loose to it being sexest, but it's not being sexist for the women to have cheaper insurance, even though they can, and are as bad as us men?!!!!!!!

mattinfl 06 September 2003 04:29 AM

Actually, my missus is a great driver. Yesterday she told me that she's been teaching herself how to drift her wagon. I completely trust her driving my car, but she prefers her Impreza wagon.

She was complaining that I have been buying too many modifications for myself, so I got her a few things for the wagon. Just need to install them now.

Oh, she likes trackdays and autocross/gymkana events too. She usually co-drives my Impreza.:)

Suppose I'm just lucky.

Though my sister is a different story....4 accidents in two years and two cars written off....;) No one in the family will get in the car with her anymore. :D

Turbohot 06 September 2003 06:18 AM

>There's no point Inforcer, they know that blokes are guilty of the same things ie. crap driving! So let them play if it makes them feel better - would hate to spoil their fun.

Couldn't agree with you more,Redkop!Some men need to jump on their band wagon to show themselves better. Let them have this satisfaction.Women have nothing to loose!And yes,there are some pretty crap male drivers around too!

skiddus_markus 06 September 2003 06:38 AM

That's right,but this thread is related to women drivers.Start your own thread about bad male drivers;).

Little Miss WRX 06 September 2003 08:32 AM

Rich is one for doing that, I dislike being a passenger (I am a bad passenger anyway) because I feel like vomiting every time he drives. I get really travel sick. :(

Me? I just keep that right pedal to the floor. ;)

Redkop 06 September 2003 10:42 AM

That's right,but this thread is related to women drivers.Start your own thread about bad male drivers
Oh dear- this gets worse :rolleyes:

skiddus_markus 06 September 2003 10:57 AM

Accidentally/strategically left out smilies can put a totally different slant on a sentance when quoting.It was a joke-hence the ;).

chrisp 06 September 2003 11:13 AM

I didnt say women were bad drivers ;). I just said it seems a lot have no concept of airbags and what happens when they go off. I have seen both LMWRX and Redkop drive and trust me they both can. Put most blokes to shame on this thread I bet ;).

chrisp 06 September 2003 11:17 AM

I dislike being a passenger (I am a bad passenger anyway
Even when you are driven all the way to south wales in 3rd gear :D.

dazc2 06 September 2003 11:23 AM

As I travel roughly 35k miles a year I think I have room to comment.....

I find that men can be just as bad as women, but women tend to be more ignorant of their surroundings and don't look past the end of their bonnet more than men....and men seem to take more risks by violently swerving off the motorway at the last minute etc.

Redkop 06 September 2003 11:35 AM

I have seen both LMWRX and Redkop drive and trust me they both can. Put most blokes to shame on this thread I bet
Cheers Chrisp [who do we make the cheque payable to?] :D :D