ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I'm famous (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/221543-im-famous.html)

jasey 20 June 2003 11:28 AM

Nice to hear from you STi Go Fast - don't be such a stranger, we all thought you were dead
If his Ginny pigs had bean loking after him he mite have been dead ;)

LG John 20 June 2003 12:47 PM

Ok, ok! Very funny :D I think I'm going to have to get a camera and a fvck off big quiet roundabout and prove to you all what fuel surge does to my car. If my engine blows though I'll expect a £1 from the regular memebers of SN until the costs are met! :D

Who local has a camera and the ability to put the footage on the net?

TopBanana 20 June 2003 12:59 PM

But seriously folks, are you sure it's not just a loose connection to the fuel pump or something? Sounds more likely to me

LG John 20 June 2003 01:05 PM

No idea! I mentioned it to Nobles at the last service and first of all I was told that 'fuel surge on an Impreza is impossible' :rolleyes: then they said they had 'cured' it by moving the knock sensor :rolleyes: This concerned me so I emailed John Banks who in no uncertain terms told me just how stupid that was of Nobles so I got it moved back. In fairness though I've not been silly enough to push it hard on low fuel since then so I don't know if it still suffers so bad. Its horrifically bad when it does happen though :( and feels like it must be very bad for the car.

I figured there must be something simply and obvious like you suggest above but I'm not mechanically minded so I asked Nobles to look for me. Evidently that was too much to ask :rolleyes: I'll live with it until I sell the car :) Looking forward to my hard righthanders again though :D

Johnny50 20 June 2003 01:06 PM

Righto SaxoBoy...we'll meet at Newcraighall...nice big roundabout..

I've got a cam..i'll stick up for ya pal ! :)

TopBanana 20 June 2003 02:36 PM

First thing I'd do is get the dealer to check for fault codes soon after it's happened. Does it definately only happen on a low tank?

LG John 20 June 2003 03:27 PM

Only on a low tank and johnny just say when - give me notice so I can run the tank down though :D

Dream Weaver 20 June 2003 04:04 PM

Oh no, Tiggs has got his alter ego out again, bugger :D:D

sempers 20 June 2003 06:07 PM

Hey, In SB's defence, I had a near spin due to, shall we say 'G induced fuel starvation'

1/2 way round a fast left hander, very empty tank. Lots of revs, engine just cut. Didn't spin, but...

Soon as it slowed a bit the engine cut back in. Drove slowly to fillup...

So it's possible, unless I've missed the point, which isn't unusual :)

LG John 20 June 2003 06:47 PM

My situation was compounded by very bad rear tyres relative to the front and an imprefect road surface. I think it would be rare to happen again though, so many things have to be and go wrong first and you have to be pressing on pretty hard. I have my fun going left now ;)

sempers 21 June 2003 02:17 AM

Definate brown trouser moment, 'twas up on tiptoes and sliding at the time. Big arm waving required... Didn't ever run it that empty again :)

LG John 21 June 2003 11:32 AM

LOL, thats impressive - you were in a slide and still managed to get of a wave to another scooby driver :D Or have I misinterpreted ;)