ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Radio 1, 2 or local? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/221315-radio-1-2-or-local.html)

SirFozzalot 19 June 2003 12:25 PM

Normally Capital FM for me unless I'm stressed and then I have a bit of Magic to calm me down!! :D

However I have been getting a bit fed up with the repeats of the same songs on Capital and so I've been surfing through stations like essexFM, Invicta and Kiss100 etc.

Duck_Pond 19 June 2003 12:32 PM

HeartFM in the mornings (best for traffic reports) until they play any UB40 track :eek:, when I switch over to Wogan...

Afternoons is Moyles, though recently getting fed up with the same music being played repeatedly (Gay Bar track, and Eminem).

wiltshire_boy 19 June 2003 12:34 PM

Sat in front of a PC at home most days listening to BBC 6 music which is an excellent mix of 80's, 90's and new stuff IMHO.

Plus, the wife won their competition last week! :D

Usually a mix of radio 1 (M&L), radio 2 (pop master) and radio 4 in the car.

MarkO 19 June 2003 12:35 PM

R4 every time. Particularly if it's 18:30 on a weeknight. :D

CrisPDuk 19 June 2003 12:35 PM

Radio 2 Wogan is pure class His daytime show with Gaby is pretty good too. Steve Wright is too much of a smarmy yank style a**e kisser for my tastes. Apart from that Silk FM 106.9, some quality cheesy 80's on there, especially during the chill-out zone:D

C. Jay. k. 19 June 2003 02:12 PM

Mainly Talk Sport in the morning( Mike Dicken to rule ) , then from 1pm onwards surfing between 2 ,local ...can't be arsed with R1 anymore.
36 years old

weapon69 19 June 2003 07:46 PM

Radio onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne!:D

Scoob99 19 June 2003 07:52 PM

Radio 2, Johnnie Walker and Sally Traffic crack me up:D
Cheers
Colin

andyr 19 June 2003 11:46 PM

Nimby - glad to see there's someone else who manages to mix Radio 1's Mark & Lard along with Classic FM !
Radio 1 apart from M & L are generally cack - Sara Cox shouldn't be allwed on the radio and Moyles is a useless git. Occasionally tune in to some evening shows but John Peel's voice starts to grate after a while.
Local commercial stations are fairly duff , some of Radio 2 is fine - J Ross, Stuart Maconie, Bob Harris but there are times when there is bog all on the radio that is worth listening to.

As a Rock/Metal fan I sometimes tune in to the Radio 1 rock show but Mary Anne Hobbs is just far too OTT to listen to and some of the music is total pants. This week one of her first tracks she descibed as 'Jaw dropping in every sense of the word (sic)' - I man WTF it was bearable but to use that description it would need to have been one of the best tracks ever but she constantly uses this level of hyperbole to describe just about every piece of music she has ever played - get a grip woman !

Fuzz unplugged 19 June 2003 11:51 PM

29 and I'll listen to radio 2 quite hapily,
still like the local severn sound 102.4.

Can't fookin stand R 1 any more.

Carlos The Jackel 20 June 2003 12:24 AM

R2 & 5 Im 29 and have hated R1 since longer than I can remember - the same 10 songs all day only broken up but some "hip" dudes:D

ChrisB 20 June 2003 09:00 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only person in their 20s who likes Wogan. I guess at the ripe old age of 27, I'm outside the target audience for Radio 1?

I thought Colin and Edith were very funny when they did the breakfast on R1 for a week, but I find Coxy loud, brash and very very annoying.

Our local independent radio insists on having two people do their breakfast show and the woman who does it should be shot.

Wogan is very funny without needing to be rude or loud. He's got a great command of the English language and is very sharp.