ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   **London Japanese Performance Meet Ace Cafe Tuesday May 6TH** (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/201902-london-japanese-performance-meet-ace-cafe-tuesday-may-6th.html)

ian_sadler 01 May 2003 10:01 AM

Max :rolleyes: Hahaha :D

7 Foot 01 May 2003 10:14 AM

Yeah, yeah. Keep 'em coming!!

:p:p:p

Jess_i 02 May 2003 11:11 AM

Ed, give me a call on Tuesday morning, not too early though 'cos i aint working :D so we can sort out a time to meet/leave Tuesday evening.
See everybody else on Tuesday - thats this tuesday coming MAX!!! LOL :D

Rich Tee 02 May 2003 01:09 PM

Anybody from the Berkshire area going to this and fancy meeting up for the drive up there :)

R.

ed_the_duck 03 May 2003 09:32 PM

Will that be when your back off from your long weekend away - while i'm working :( lucky mucker:D enjoy:)

no scoob is killing me.......all i see when im out is loads passing me by now, never noticed that many before!

ian_sadler 06 May 2003 09:40 AM

Just for Max,

It's Today :D

Jess_i 06 May 2003 10:54 AM

Loverly weekend away cheers Ed - twisty country lanes and all :D and the sun is still shining its bits off today too - better get out and clean all the mud of my scoob - see you all there tonight.

MelTypeR 06 May 2003 11:44 AM

See ya all tonite, ill try and get a few of my jap car mates to attend along aswell.

But i did say to them that if they win anything then its 50/50 :D

Mel.

Reminder to self:- CLEAN CAR BEFORE YOU GO

7 Foot 06 May 2003 12:21 PM

Ian - :p I saw you this morning nestled in between 2 huge lorries approaching St Giles. Flashed my brake lights but I think your beard must have been in your eyes as you didn't see me. ;)

See you all tonight.:D:D

ian_sadler 06 May 2003 01:20 PM

Max you git I did see you give the brake lights a flash :p but it was a bit to late to respond them :)

See ya later :D

Disco 06 May 2003 11:47 PM

Top meet, and not just because Jap Performance want to feature my car:D:D:D:D

Nice to see everyone, me senses a new regular meet to add to the diary!

ed_the_duck 07 May 2003 02:14 AM

They certainly liked taking pics of the rear lights:D
Best of luck:)

My appologies for not running either of the draws this evening, there was several factors that put paid to it. The previous way was too time consuming and not practical. But I did manage to relax and enjoy the evening this month.:)

Many people, including Ace Cafe owner, local costabulary and the Magazine guys commented on how friendly and enjoyable the evening was, so a credit to all who joined in.

I will look into getting the rolling road draw organised for the next meeting. Any comments or ideas for a simple way to run it are invited...This way I can enjoy the night too:D

Thanks to all who come along.

Regards
Ed

mutant_matt 07 May 2003 08:15 AM

Ed,

Thanks once again for organising a successful meet. Decent weather makes all the difference!! :D:D:D

Good to see the Velryba posse, Ian Sadler finally managed to grace us with his presence (;);):p:p:D:D:D) and Disco stole the show of the evening I reckon with his Tarttastic new lights and other assorted unique Rice-boy/Lax Power stylee mods ;);):D:D

Good to meet some new faces (Howard, get in touch and I'll pass on those garage details) and looking forward to the next one.

Ta all,

Matt :)

Pete Croney 07 May 2003 09:56 AM

Here's what all the fuss was about ;)

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=206428

ian_sadler 07 May 2003 10:49 AM

Great meet guys :D

Nice to do some car spotting on the strangest MY01 I've seen before LOL

Velryba's chick 07 May 2003 12:01 PM

Well we finaly managed to get our ass down there and we realy enjoyed it :D :D

Nice to see some other cars than just Scoobys :)

Should make the next month ;)

Kate

MelTypeR 07 May 2003 01:18 PM

Top meet again Ed, great weather for once.

That DB6 that came late was that a real one or a kit car?
Also that dragster was mad:D

Anyway good to see other cars turn up apart from Impreza's as it is a Jap Car meets.

Mel.

Disco 07 May 2003 01:52 PM

The American Funny car was rather wild!!! particularly when he shot down the slip road, crossed the chevrons and covered Matt and myself in stones, dust and rubbish!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

(Naturally I retaliated by throwing anti-lag fuel and flames over the front of his;))

mutant_matt 07 May 2003 02:32 PM

...his driving on the North Circ left something to be desired also...:rolleyes:

Matt :(

ed_the_duck 07 May 2003 03:38 PM

Thanks for the kind comments people:).....I really enjoyed myself and am pleased for all that won the hearts of the magazine guys and good luck.

I belive the fodder they have from this meet will appear in the issue released mid June.....

It was said that they intend to return and will be looking for more fodder for future print.

Ed.

matt_bakermk1 07 May 2003 03:56 PM

just to say hi all and thanks for arranging a great night, really enjoyed the diversity and the fact that Jap Performance want to feature my car ;o)

Not a Subaru owner, i had the white kitted MR2 turbo, but was nice to go to a meet with different marques and be able to get on without any 'attitude' as at some events. Keep that up, it makes it all worth while!

Looking forward to the next one, maybe more of us us 2's there too (sorry, no pun intended)

Regards,
Matt

andrew420 07 May 2003 04:01 PM

good meet........some nice motors there Ian i didnt see ya there ?

ak1 07 May 2003 06:46 PM

Good night again sadly i have sold my scooby so i had to park my 205 pug on the road
andy

ed_the_duck 07 May 2003 09:51 PM

It's for ethusiast also Ak:D cos thats all I can be at the mo' ....sold mine too:(

Edcase 08 May 2003 11:28 AM

WILL be there next time. I ended up staying in Bristol and winning a go-kart competition for the missuses company. LOL.

Didn't tell em I used to race TKM ;)

Car will be looking quite different by the next meet ;)

Hope to see most of you at Japfest!

ian_sadler 05 June 2003 01:45 PM

:D

[Edited by ian_sadler - 5/6/2003 1:46:12 PM]

MelTypeR 05 July 2003 01:37 PM

A few pictures here from last night.

Mel.

[Edited by MelTypeR - 5/7/2003 1:38:31 PM]

ian_sadler 05 July 2003 04:18 PM

Hi Andrew,

I spotted you there whilst I was having a chat then when I went to find you, you had gone.

See you at the next one :)

edited cos I cant spell ope

[Edited by ian_sadler - 5/7/2003 4:19:09 PM]