ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Kent Meet (back to Maidstone) 18th April (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/196033-kent-meet-back-to-maidstone-18th-april.html)

GBruce 18 April 2003 01:04 PM

See you all there,

George

Hol 18 April 2003 04:55 PM

Gonna be a lil bit late. :(

Gotta drop the sis in law off at work.

pele 19 April 2003 12:04 AM

It was nice to see some new faces tonight, hope we didn't scare them away though ;)
Hades-nice that you managed to keep awake for the duration :D
Hol - thanks for hepling me in the 10 mins to Gravesend challenge :D
Look forward to seeing you all again at next months meet.

[Edited by pele - 4/19/2003 12:05:19 AM]
Lanman - here is the site I was telling you about here - hope it helps :)

[Edited by pele - 4/19/2003 12:37:06 AM]

Hol 19 April 2003 08:57 AM

Ooops. I got halfway up the hill before I realised that my oil was still warming up :eek: A quick decelleration was in order, as you probably noticed:)

Strangely enough it was warm by the time we reached the top :D

10 minutes is a good time though.....

pele 19 April 2003 12:00 PM

I don't know, with Mega it was his tyres, with you it was the oil, Girl Power anyone?http://members.lycos.nl/smilieweb1/smilies/Cartoon2.gif :p
Seriously though, that poor car in between us must have got the shock of his life :D I did see you flash your hazzards, so I did slow down to make sure you weren't having problems, mine was still warm from the drive there :D
I didn't quite do the 10 mins, I would have if I didn't stay behind that car for so long, perhaps I would have if I'd undertaken him :p
I had to teach a golf gti a little lesson on the way home, I think I woke Hades up going past him :D

[Edited by pele - 4/19/2003 12:02:10 PM]

hades 19 April 2003 09:56 PM

I was still awake, and even saw you coming. Strangely, I thought the golf was winning . . :p :D I'd been having the sort of day where if I was going that fast, I'd have got caught.

Sorry to the early birds I missed you. 102 hours work in 7 days doesn't give much time for the meets. Mind you, another few weeks like that, and I'll have the cash for 500bhp ;)

hades 19 April 2003 09:59 PM

And by the way:

**note to self - REMEMBER CAMERA!
???? :rolleyes:

Cupraman 19 April 2003 10:01 PM

I took a camera last time. This time I got the boy to take number plate numbers as well.

Its amazing what the old bill will pay for ;)

pele 20 April 2003 12:15 AM

Hades - the golf went past me because I slowed down to let him pass - just before I saw you :p
Note to self : staple camera to self next time!

Hol 20 April 2003 07:39 AM

Girl Power anyone?

I get the same problem when my mum is following me :D

mccltd 20 April 2003 09:57 PM

Hol,
You missed me, poped into car park Friday.
Was driving past there when Steve came up behind me so I drove round to car park to chat to him.
Didn't wanna stay to long now Scooby has gone,
I didn't know what welcome I would get in me M3.:)

pele 20 April 2003 11:14 PM

Don't worry, we saw you hiding, you could have come over & said hello - we wouldn't have lynched you :D
Hol - you race your mum then? :p

[Edited by pele - 4/21/2003 12:11:13 AM]

mccltd 21 April 2003 09:00 AM

I could see you all looking your scoobies scoops were wide open..

Hol 21 April 2003 06:14 PM

Pele, - "the 'Red Subaru' went past me because I slowed down to let 'her' pass" :p

I'd NEVER do that for my mum :D

Dave,
Its a shame I missed you, but im glad steve finally got to say hello.

[Edited by Hol - 4/21/2003 6:19:26 PM]

pele 21 April 2003 11:45 PM

'her'- so you did the gentlemanly thing & let the lady go first then? :D
So what does your mum drive then?
And we have a new venue suggestion from cupraman - The Hungry Fox in Hempstead, so next time I'm at my sisters, I'll have a look & check it out (I'm sure she won't refuse a free drink :D)

[Edited by pele - 4/21/2003 11:48:23 PM]

Lan Man 23 April 2003 11:32 PM

Good ta see some of you again, sorry I couldnt stay long.

What was the name of the guy with the other red one.

Pele, I sent you a mail about the pushchair.

I still reckon Mote Park would make a good place for a Sunday daytime meet, probably where the fair usually sets up.

Would also be up for Camber on a nice day. We could play who can get stuck in the car park.

LM

pele 23 April 2003 11:42 PM

LM - you have mail back. Where is Mote park? I can't remember the name of the man with the red scoob, but Steve rings a bell. :D

RB5 Carly 24 April 2003 09:58 AM

Pele

You're right...other guy in red Scooby was Steve - you obviously have a good memory.

We would be up for a meet at Mote Park, easier for us to get to.

Hol 24 April 2003 10:37 AM

I know the Hungry Fox quite well and unfortunately it is quite popular and the car park is not that large (20 cars max). Admittedly there is an overflow car park for the shopping centre just around the corner, but a lot of scoobs attracts attention at the best of times and parking them all out of sight is always a concern.

Basically, the ideal pub is central, to the M2,is not too popular on a Friday, has a large viewable car park and a beer garden for the summer evenings.

Good one's I have disounted for similar reasons include:

The Ship, Lower Upnor ME2 4UY (small car park)
The Robin Hood Blue Bell hill ME5 9RJ (Bit old-fogey)
The Ringlestone, Harrietsham ME5 9RJ (Great beer and wine, but small car park and V popular)
The Who'd a though it, Grafty Green, ME17 2AR (Big car park, Tom Bakers local, but out of the way)

Mote park is near the centre of Maidstone, and is a very big place indeed. Although we could park near the entrance there will be less people if we park up towards the main house where we will be further away from the lake, which will be better for any small children. (like mine :) ) I dont think BBQ's are allowed either?

Lan Man 25 April 2003 04:16 AM

Thanks Pele, I'll check me mail now.

Mote Park is only about a mile if that from Notcutts, its a nice big park, with a lt of parking.
As Hol says prob best near the entrance, and I'm not sure about the barbys.

LM

Cupraman 25 April 2003 09:39 AM

Moat Park would be a great place. The boy will love that

mega_stream 25 April 2003 09:15 PM

Yup I'm up for Moat Park, we gonna do a weekend daytime one then?

Hol 26 April 2003 12:32 PM

Dont see why not.

Does anyone have any preferences, or days they can or cannot do.

I cant do the BH weekend at the end of May :(

Cupraman 26 April 2003 12:52 PM

I have not got a job at the mo. So anytime :D

Pat1 28 April 2003 06:44 PM

Word of warning i live not far from camber and last summer saw complete high street of vandalised cars, Keys run from front to back mine included, Informed Police (waist of time) was told that this is a common problem with louts around camber.
Car park near durys Gap far safer barbeques ok as long as not towering infernos.
Regards Pat.

Lan Man 28 April 2003 07:07 PM

Yeah Sod getting keyed up,

I reckon Mote Park, one Sat or Sun Afternoon,
It can get busy so maybe late Afternoon, or mid morning to be able to find somewhere to park, Saturday would prob be quieter, but more peeps can usually make Sunday.
Also need to make sure centre grass area is accessible, which it seems to have been for a while now, and that the fairs not there - lol.

But we can check that before hand.

mega_stream 28 April 2003 07:39 PM

Ok, so when?

How's about next Sunday at 2pm?

hades 28 April 2003 10:15 PM

Mote Park sounds interesting, though I'll probably get lost as I've never been there. This Sunday is definitely a maybe for me (sorry!), as I may be working, or may be going to Stoneleigh for the kit car show - if not at either I'll come.

We want to avoid getting too near the lake as we wouldn't want a scooby in it! Sorry - couldn't resist. I know, I'm a muppet :D

[Edited by hades - 4/28/2003 10:16:37 PM]

hades 28 April 2003 10:17 PM

Oh and by the way:

CORNER :D

It's been a long week already :rolleyes:

pele 28 April 2003 11:11 PM

Hades - are you a closet muppet by any chance? ;)