ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Seperation,divorce (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/147767-seperation-divorce.html)

Katana 06 November 2002 02:00 PM

Bottom line is, in divorces it all depends on the lawyer. If you've got a good lawyer, there are even instances where the woman has to pay the men alimony. It also depends on luck too..

Markus 06 November 2002 02:29 PM

I am NOT anti women, or of a "all women are bitches" mindset. There are some great girls out there, and I'm happy to say a know a few of them, then there are the really special ones, ie; those who put up with me! :D
Thought I would say that first, you'll see why in a mo

This kind of thing gets to me, you work hard and it all goes wrong due to to her having an affair, and she gets half of the house. WTF? why is this allowed? My understanding is that it stems from the 'women will look after/get custody of the kids" as this was more or less expected in 'olden days'. I think it's time for a change to the law to be honest (if this women get half thing is a law). If the poor chap has done nothing wrong then why should he be made to pay for the women.

Can blokes get alimony in situations where the woman is 'at fault' as it were?

There are some women out there screaming for equal rights etc, then there are laws like this which give them unequal rights over men.

OK this is a very male-centric post, cos I'm a bloke. If I split with a wife and it was her fault then I would fight to the death to make sure she did NOT get half. Yes, a little something perhaps, but not half, no way.

Tricky situation I know. Advice would be get the best lawyer you can afford.

davyboy 06 November 2002 02:35 PM

The point has already been made I think, but:

Nine time out of ten, If a woman has an affair its because the man is not showing her enough attention or making her feel special. If you don't give a woman what she wants she will find that "need" somewhere else!

MarkO 06 November 2002 02:46 PM

Nine time out of ten, If a woman has an affair its because the man is not showing her enough attention or making her feel special. If you don't give a woman what she wants she will find that "need" somewhere else!
Whereas if a man has an affair because the woman isn't showing him enough attention or fulfilling his 'needs' then he's a complete selfish b@stard who's probably having a mid-life crisis or something.

LOL. You make it sound like it's the guy's fault if a woman has an affair! If she's lacking, she should talk to her partner about it!!!

south-star 06 November 2002 02:47 PM

So is it his fault for not "loving" her enough,or her fault for looking for something which sometimes doesnt exist?

davyboy 06 November 2002 02:50 PM

Lol :D

Thought that might get a comment:)

If the bloke has an affair thats ok, as we are not as good as staying with one partner for life - Its nature at work.

MarkO 06 November 2002 02:52 PM

If the bloke has an affair thats ok, as we are not as good as staying with one partner for life - Its nature at work
:eek:

When you use that as your excuse/explanation, let me know in advance so I can book a ringside seat and order extra popcorn for the show. ;)

Nic 06 November 2002 02:57 PM

hahaha how many times do we hear that... "but biologically men are designed to sleep about, we need to sow our seed"

south-star 06 November 2002 02:58 PM

Davy.....didnt you forget to add one of these at the end----->;)...

:D;)...

Katana 06 November 2002 03:01 PM

hahaha how many times do we hear that... "but biologically men are designed to sleep about, we need to sow our seed"
Not me, I'm a one woman man. ;)

Nic 06 November 2002 03:03 PM

I believe you....

MATTeL 06 November 2002 03:08 PM

My Mum got divorced for her second husband.

He was having the affair, the police stepped in twice due to his threatening behaviour. He tried to slap her with two police officers stood there.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

She had her own business and had contributed 40% of the value to the house.

In the divorce the judge branded her a "gold digger". She got a minimal payment from the house (for which two years later she is still owed).

He was investigated by the serious fraud squad, it was found that he stole £70,000 from her business and much more from another company. He was the accountant for both businesses.

She lost her car becuase the payments stopped, part of the divorce agreements was that he paid for the car. Strange that payments came from my Mum's business.

She is now looking at selling her business to pay for the resulting debts.

He is still awaiting prosecution as the serious fraud squad lost a file on top of that he is able to continue being an accountant.

It is not always the woman that wins.

davyboy 06 November 2002 03:09 PM

When you use that as your excuse/explanation, let me know in advance so I can book a ringside seat and order extra popcorn for the show.
....it's OK Clare would understand.

............yeah right :rolleyes:

MATTeL 06 November 2002 03:15 PM

Typical I spend ages typing a post that shows that the woman doesn't always win the divorce and I support a corner.

:rolleyes:

Mice_Elf 06 November 2002 04:12 PM

Can he not stipulate that any monies arising from the house go into trust for the children?

davyboy 06 November 2002 04:41 PM

not all women are complete bitches
The more I hear that, the less I believe it!

WoIfie 06 November 2002 05:28 PM

PAUL : Get your mate on to a solicitor

"If she had an affair, she's still gonna have half of whatever he ownes and also alimony every month on top of it. Oh she also gets the house too"

This is utter rubbish i split last year and as i bought the house before we met the slag COULD NOT TOUCH IT you ONLY split what u have Accumulated TOGETHER

Katana 06 November 2002 05:34 PM

Not necessarily. The case of Bob and his ex have proven it. Now bob is a registered alcoholic who still owes me 300 quid since his seperation last year.

*Bob is neither a fictional character or a real name. Hiding his identity is a must thing.

paul w 06 November 2002 09:38 PM

Wolfie, cheers for the mail and thanks for all replies.

It looks like he could get shafted if he's not too careful so hes gonna remortgage it without her knowing,someone will hold the cash for him;) when they seperate there will only be 20k equity to split and he will have his 50 big uns waiting for him.

GirlyTrailerTrash 06 November 2002 10:30 PM

Mysogonistic lot!!

You dont deserve to be married. Well apart from Mattel. Sorry if some of you did support women in some way that I missed.

I support my partner, earn far more than him, and yes he would be entitled to half of the house.....Fact, live with it.

I cant believe the old fashioned biased crap re women on this board, go out and get a life!

ChrisB 06 November 2002 11:41 PM

Two sides to every story usually...

babber 07 November 2002 09:39 AM

I not even going to get started here. I was married for 13 years and have four lovely daughters. I made a mistake and had a little fun with another women (one night stand without sex) and I eventually had to come clean. I was booted out of my house and am currently paying £800 per month to the CSA. I have to pay the mortgage and a few other bills (approx. another £600 per month) and I have to do this for another 14 years at least. I now get treated like a complete c**t by my ex misses, and she won't allow me inside my own house that I'm still paying for. Access to the children is when she wants, and she's sometime really awkward (pre period)

When we first split she had a nice car, that I had to sell as I couldn't afford the payments on the loan. I had full intentions of getting a cheap car for her. I was informed that I had to provide a car similiar to the one she had before :eek:

She apparently intitled to my house, half my assests and pensions, including my car (RB5) I left the house with my clothes and a TV and HiFi, nothing else.

I do get a little annoyed that I seem to be working just to pay bills and sometimes can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Been considering getting my boss to sack me :( There isn't a real point here, just needed to vent off some steam.

Cheers Phill C

FERRARINUTTER 07 November 2002 12:37 PM

Married for 2 years (9 months of that for the divorce) with a cracking daughter

Facts:
My house, in my name (with small mortgage on advice from Father to protect my monies incase of divorce!!)

Wife earnt good money and contributed nothing to the house

Divorce: Settled out of court

Had to provide house for x wife (as my child was living with her) & cash payment.

HAD: I not had a child due to the shortness of the marriage we would have walked away with our own monies.

We only settled out of court as legal aid found my wife had over 10k in assets and was then given a bill for around 25k for 9 months work........

So my initial offer was infact better than what she got through solicitors...............

I should have taken my dad's offer of going for a weekengs golf instead of getting married, if only I'd have the foresight of hindsight I might have gone, though my daughter is fantastic......

bing-bonger 07 November 2002 01:08 PM

Hey folks.....

I've been thinkin about this divorce thing for a few months now.....and looks like it's finally gonna happen on the grounds of HER unreasonable behavior....

We have no kids...been married 2.5 years....the property is in my name and my dad put down the deposit as an intrest free loan.....she only pays the house bills.......... we both work and are in our mid 20's........

Just wanted to know if she's entitiled to 50% of my property....

lordharding 07 November 2002 07:03 PM

fraid so bing boot her out change the locks and sell it quick and deposit the cash with your family (of course you spent it on drink and hotels to live in) it can take months before a solicitor can catch up on you she will be entitled to half but a good solicitor will save you thousands