ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   P1 v RB5 WRSport (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/116781-p1-v-rb5-wrsport.html)

Adam M 29 July 2002 12:51 PM

sn555.

not all stis have water spray, but since you are familiar with the sti5 type r........

dont forget the lovely negative extras on the P1, manual centre diff, quick rack steering, two pot rear brakes, plate type rear lsd etc. the only valuable thing they added to the P1 over the sti 5 type R was the £11,000 on the price! (and abs :( but I am not going to shout about that).

prodrive rear spoiler? hardly massively different from sti 5 (which I prefer)

peter stevens styling? you mean a front lip spoiler and some fog light covers?

interestingly peter stevens designed the hwole front bumper rear bumper front and rear wings and spoiler on my car! :D

scoobynutta555 29 July 2002 03:53 PM

Adam i am aware all stis didnt have water spray

Btw you apparent sti owners, dont tell me to suck eggs ive had mentioned sti5typeR and a early heavily modded wrx. Ive had imprezas for 4 years now.

I know what im missing and i know what im gaining, and i have absolutley NO regrets, quite the opposite. Have you owned both cars? I dont think so.

Regarding the paint on the RB5, IMHO it is a bad colour scrubbed up or not. Was never happy with the colour when i had it on my car. In fact driving around I turned into anonymous man, no looks nothing. Get a blue car gold wheels fully kitted up and youll know what i mean.

The best colour is sonic blue, as borne out by the premium attatched to these colours over other cars. Still, at least the RB5 isnt green ;)

R.B.5 29 July 2002 03:58 PM

Dont know about all the other RB5 drivers out there but mine certainly gets loads and i mean loads of looks. To be honest i'd rather it if ppl didnt look at the car as then it wouldnt get damaged by jealous ppl. I love my car to bits and shes mint. Only thing i'd change is the wheels, and then i'd only be doing so to get bigger ones, i.e super leg's!

I always get asked when i say i drive a subaru "is it blue with gold wheels" which is something subaru's have been labelled as. Blue with gold wheels is so common now, its nice to have individuality :)

:)

chrisp 29 July 2002 04:34 PM

Bargain these P1s now :D, they were 9K more expensive when I brought my RA and after my recent part ex value they are only worth 3K more. I reckon keep it another year and they will overtake in the depreciation stakes ;). BTW I have also had imprezas for 4 years, UK and import and my current one is 74F with gold 18's ;)

No bright switch though :( :rolleyes: :D

[Edited by chrisp - 7/29/2002 4:36:20 PM]

ScoobyGrannyDriver 29 July 2002 06:37 PM

I agree R.B.5 I love the look of my RB5 too and certainly get a lot of looks and attention when I'm out and about in it. I have had people say to me that they don't normally like Imprezas but mine is less flashy and a bit classier. The anthracite alloys also get a lot of positive comments. The only negative thing said about my car so far was by a dappy woman at work. I quote "what's that big thing on the back?", "it looks too aggressive", "why is there a big bump in the bonnet?", "it does nothing for me at all" :rolleyes: I like Scoobies in general and each to their own but I chose mine for a reason, and part of that reason was the look.

Attu 29 July 2002 07:33 PM

Ok now im confused
Ive just been reading the Haynes you & you Subaru Impreza Turbo book and in the Prodrive section it says that if a standard UK turbo is fitted with interior,exterior and driver inhancenent packages the car justified the badging WRSport.
The PPP was ontop of this.
So can RB5's also be WRSports with out the PPP ?? or are all RB5 WRSports fitted with the PPP as standard ?
Also were RB5 WRSports sold by the dealers as WRSports or did the people who bought them have the extras fitted ?
The reason I ask that is as i understand it you can only have a PPP fitted to a car that has been registered.

Thanks

Andy...confused

chrisp 29 July 2002 08:01 PM

When you ordered an RB5 you could have the standard RB5 or the WRSport version. The WRSport version had a PPP, prodrive rear wing, WRSport clocks and badges. AFAIK any UK impreza turbo must be registered before fitting as the PPP as it is not type approved. So the cars were registered and then the kit fitted immediately.

To call a car a full prodrive impreza it must have all the kits which total about £10k. A lot people think there is only the performance kit but there are wrong ;).

ScoobyGrannyDriver 29 July 2002 08:05 PM

As I understand it...

The RB5 was offered with the WR Sport Performance Package as an optional extra from the factory if specified from new at time of purchase by the first owner. The WR pack consisted of a new ECU, exhaust and intercooler piping (the PPP) as well as the prodrive high wing and (I believe) a new air filter.