ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   my car has been stolen (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1049067-my-car-has-been-stolen.html)

jaygsi 16 August 2017 01:03 PM

Yeah as been siad, you see it on police intercepters all the time,
they seal the car park it up and leave for a week or so to see if its recovered. regardless if its being broken for parts or if they plan on keeping the whole car. Then they know if there's a tracker fitted.

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11960007)
Not uncommon at all, they are checking to see if it has a tracker fitted, they want the whole car, if it was just for parts they would have had it stripped and burnt out by now.

:thumb:

funkyrimpler 16 August 2017 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by jamescolbeck (Post 11960021)
Glad you got your car back!

My dad had something similar in his Audi A6 Avant (biturbo one), where someone incidentally in a subaru followed him home, threatened him for the keys and as my dad chucked them into a bush and walked away from the house, they went for the keys rather than him! Phew!

Anyway, they took the car north (from Manchester) and ended up using it in a bank robbery. Got the car back none the worse for wear, but charged for the privilege!

Must have used it for it's load carrying and then changed cars.

Now that's a story!

jaygsi 18 August 2017 01:09 PM

So you had it back yet?

The Rig 18 August 2017 10:02 PM

I dont get the whole leave the car for a week and see if it gets recovered, of course it bloody will, its not exactly hidden and its reported stolen, tracker or no tracker !

Glad its soon to be back with its owner tho, just hope its not fubard

I had a car stolen many yrs ago, got recovered from a housing estate to a local garage, police give me garages number, i call, guy says yeah we got it, i ask if its ok, he says no problems mate, car is fine, phew i thought.

got there, they had used a baseball bat i had in the boot to reshape the complete car !!! i said to the garage owner you told me the car was fine, his reply, well, i didnt know the condition of it when you were driving it around !

sheesh

jaygsi 18 August 2017 11:07 PM

If it didn't work they wouldn't do it. Police don't check ever car or go down every street.

XTY 18 August 2017 11:19 PM

Glad to here you're cars been found, I was looking out for vehicle in the Torbay and Teignbridge area

SirFozzalot 19 August 2017 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by catiaboy (Post 11959655)
Hello guys, I have some good news. My car was found in Swindon. Parked up nice in a lane.. I have not seen it as yet, but police say it looks ok inside and out. They also said it looks like it’s been ragged around a field or something. Only hope the engine is still intact. I hill climb it. So it’s used to a bit of that. It’s running 450bhp on full boost. I guess they had some fun. Let’s hope there is no damage underneath. it will be so good to be getting my T25 back. Any body recommend a tracker system. I need to put one back on it.

The system that used to be installed by the Subaru main dealers was the RAC Trackstar system. Not sure if that's still who they use.

funkyrimpler 20 August 2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 11960646)
I dont get the whole leave the car for a week and see if it gets recovered, of course it bloody will, its not exactly hidden and its reported stolen, tracker or no tracker !

Not true..My late Mum had her Series Landrover stolen...It was found parked in a layby on the A38!! It had been there for 3 weeks according to the Police but they didn't do anything about it because, 'they never get stolen'.