ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New plastic fiver note (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1042248-new-plastic-fiver-note.html)

dpb 20 October 2016 11:08 PM

Probably full of holes

Turbohot 20 October 2016 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11886486)
Probably full of holes

you mean full of $h7t? Yes, the wining bidder obviously was. Fancy 80k let down. Harsh!

CharlySkunkWeed 21 October 2016 06:28 AM

Yeah i Googled it when my daughter got all excited about it. I told her i could understand some meanings of the numbers like AK47 , but not 46. She said "there worth 1000s on ebay" which doesn't mean a thing, it's only worth that when someone buys it , not just lists it. On the other hand , the 2 I have (AK13 , AK46) are listed at quite alot of money but i can't be bothered "watching" all the listings to see what they sold at.

neil-h 21 October 2016 09:24 AM

Bung them on eBay, what's the worst that can happen :lol1:

joz8968 21 October 2016 06:55 PM

Be forewarned, though: you'll never get to heaven with an AK47. :nono:

Turbohot 22 October 2016 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11886531)
Bung them on eBay, what's the worst that can happen :lol1:

Yes, first 20 items a month are even free listing, I hear.

I need to sell some of my brand new handbags that I don't use. I'll stick them on eBay. Well, unless anyone wanted them here, since the handbag fights are the very nature of Scoobynet. :cool:

Neil, if you want one, just pm me. I'll give one away to you, just pay the P&P, that's all. :D

pimmo2000 26 October 2016 08:17 AM

Australians have long celebrated the fact that by folding a $5 note in the right place, the Queen’s body looks a lot like a depressed whale sucking a massive dick.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...d2ce911c4a.jpg

joz8968 26 October 2016 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Australians have long celebrated the fact that by folding a $5 note in the right place, the Queen’s body looks a lot like a depressed whale sucking a massive dick.

Haw haw haw! :lol1:

That's amazing!

tarmac terror 26 October 2016 06:10 PM

My mother in law has 5 consecutive serial numbers after requesting £25 from a cash point somewhere in Manchester. I cant remember the serial number range, but my wife was looking at whether they were worth anything more than £25 or not when she found the detail about AK47 series and some of them being advertised on ebay for silly money.

The Northern Bank have issued plastic £5ers for years, but I recall having seen automated payment machines, I think typically car park payment types, which are marked as incapable of accepting them.

skoobidude 26 October 2016 08:04 PM

They feel like Durex without lube..

I like them.

Nick

Turbohot 27 October 2016 10:20 AM

I lately parted with my first ever plastic fiver. In the beginning of possessing it, I owed someone a fiver because I wouldn't part with my first ever plastic tack. I forgot to pay them with coins in the next week as well, which I felt awful about. I eventually gave them their change back in pound coins, and I also ended up getting another plastic one elsewhere. Thus I ended up with two monopoly money lookalikes in my purse. Then came the day when I saved breaking a bigger note and thought to my 'thinker' self- "Sod it. Let them go, Swati! Attachment is the mother of all the miseries. It's only a piece of plastic FFS, and there are many of them flying about, now. Act in 'here and now', rather than be deluded with a desire for a mere material. So, I ended up spending both Tupperware fivers; the very first one and the second one.

I don't regret spending them and I don't feel any attachment towards either of them. Great place to be. :thumb:

However, if they ever start replacing metal pound coins with plastic ones, I will be missing the metal ones terribly. The substantiality and classiness of a pound coin makes £50 note blush! I reckon that's why £50 note is pink in complexion, because it's blushing. Pound coin is my favourite currency. :cool:

joz8968 27 October 2016 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot
...However, if they ever start replacing metal pound coins with plastic ones, I will be missing the metal ones terribly...

Eh?! Is this in the pipeline too, then? :wonder:

Turbohot 27 October 2016 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11888581)
Eh?! Is this in the pipeline too, then? :wonder:

I don't know. Looking at how everything is going tackier and tackier day by day these days e,g. after receiving a sh7tty plastic sheet for 5 pound note, I believe that it's possible. I reckon it's more possible than us humans shaking hands with the ETs in our life time. I'll welcome the latter and despise the former.

joz8968 27 October 2016 08:55 PM

Ah, sorry, you were just being rhetorical.

I thought for a minute there, that you had an inside 'scoop'. :lol1:

JTaylor 27 October 2016 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11888077)

Mopy Dick.

joz8968 27 October 2016 09:21 PM

^^^ And there it is.

Q.E.D.

It doesn't get better than that, folks. Time for us all to pack up and go home.

Turbohot 27 October 2016 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11888587)
Ah, sorry, you were just being rhetorical.

I thought for a minute there, that you had an inside 'scoop'. :lol1:

No, no. I don't have any inside info :Suspiciou from some pompous, important-person type wine-and-dine bosom buddy of mine; about the plastic pound coins on their way.... turning up dead fast to enter our pockets..... rolling down towards us with merciless vengeance! Hide, people! Hide!

Not at all. :)

Frankly, we all already know that we're doomed as a collective, so what use will their tell-tale be to us, eh? :D