ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Anyone got a standard fuel pump sock liying around? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/1038807-anyone-got-a-standard-fuel-pump-sock-liying-around.html)

veerinder9 10 August 2016 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11865967)
On a full tank and still getting surge, I'd be looking to change pump not the sock, or more fuelling maybe??
I have the tiny sock fitted to a 340lph pump and even on low tank I don't get any surge, I'd just rarther fit a proper sock just for good measure (will make my mind feel at ease incase I ever do )

The sock is actually pretty tiny. Pump is big. Not full full tank but around 3/4 tank. It's only when im cruising then plant my foot in 4th 5th 6th etc. When going through all gears then i don't get it. But il be doing a swirl setup/bosch 044 for future proofing anyway but wanted a sock to help a little

bustaMOVEs 10 August 2016 07:14 PM

Mines a tiny sock too as my original one was goosed so had to fit it while I had it apart, never had fuel surge though, even close to empty with fuel light on, but may get surge on track etc, don't know.

veerinder9 10 August 2016 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11866006)
Mines a tiny sock too as my original one was goosed so had to fit it while I had it apart, never had fuel surge though, even close to empty with fuel light on, but may get surge on track etc, don't know.

U not driving hard enough 😉

bustaMOVEs 12 August 2016 10:23 AM

Darrell, what's happening about these socks? You got them in yet

SmurfyBhoy 12 August 2016 10:35 AM

x2

Darrell@Scoobyworx 12 August 2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11866311)
Darrell, what's happening about these socks? You got them in yet

Ive placed an order for 50 socks but i don't know yet when i will get them. They are a new product and communication is slow from the supplier unfortunately.

SmurfyBhoy 12 August 2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11866325)
Ive placed an order for 50 socks but i don't know yet when i will get them. They are a new product and communication is slow from the supplier unfortunately.

Cheers for update :)

bustaMOVEs 12 August 2016 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11866325)

Ah ok thanks, its just I thought you was expecting a delivery a few days ago.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 12 August 2016 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11866339)
Ah ok thanks, its just I thought you was expecting a delivery a few days ago.

I got a stock delivery of pumps with a sample filter of the new ones. I since ordered 50 of them

bustaMOVEs 12 August 2016 02:09 PM

Ah i see, that's where i got the confusion from, thanks.
Let us know when they come and I'll fire some money over

Darrell@Scoobyworx 17 August 2016 06:19 PM

I now have 50 of these filters in stock.

Now they have cost me a few pence under £7.00 a filter which is more than i thought it was going to be.

So anybody who has bought one of our pumps who wants one of these filters needs to email me their

Name
Address
Mobile Number

>>>Order Number from their Fuel Pump Order <<<
(without this we wont supply a filter for the previously mentioned £7 due to the cost of them and shipping through RM been around £10 cost to us each)

*Limited to 1 per person @ £7 unless that said person has bought more than one pump.They then can have same number of filters as pumps purchased)

Send payment paypal gift to sales@scoobyworx.com and include your username and name in the payment note so we can match them up.

We will be listing these on our website for RRP £13.95 plus shipping

bustaMOVEs 17 August 2016 06:36 PM

Ah dam, don't know my order number, would papal invoice do from when I purchased it, I'll email it over and pay you.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 17 August 2016 06:40 PM

Yes as long as we can find an order from you that's fine :-)

bustaMOVEs 17 August 2016 06:44 PM

Ok, email sent with screen shot of invoice

bustaMOVEs 26 August 2016 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11865641)
Here is what our pump kits will include going forward once we have sold all out current stock. :)

The filter on the right is the new one :)

Had to give the 2 white filters a flash or aerosol black so they showed up on the picture but they come white in the kits :)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...6b671de94a.jpg

Got my sock fitted up, thanks darrell.

However, looking at above pics, I'd of thought the sock would be a bit bigger that I recieved, or is it just me?
Out of all them socks, my old sock that came with pump which I fitted is not in above pics, mine is more rectangular and longer than replacment one although thinner.
I thought the original size sock was quite bigger overall (or maybe it's me over thinking).

Pics below for reference before I fitted to compare

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...9da141d08.jpeg

Dubzy 26 August 2016 04:35 PM

I have a standard oe sock here mate, it measures 100mm tall by 115mm wide :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 26 August 2016 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dubzy (Post 11870611)
I have a standard oe sock here mate, it measures 100mm tall by 115mm wide :thumb:

It's just me then :)
Yep that sounds exactly same size as I replaced it with, can't measure it now as its in me tank lol.
Cheers Paul.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 27 August 2016 02:43 PM

The one i sent out was very close to OEM size and angle. The best one we could source. :)