ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Turbo Technics T36 graphs please! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1032061-turbo-technics-t36-graphs-please.html)

RICH_JDM_STI 20 November 2015 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyreedy (Post 11763193)
Mate I'm trying to give this guy the right advice so he will be happy with his car you should do the same you know for example your MD is best suited to the 2,5 not your 2 litre thats why its laggy isn't it my point is drivability that why I'm leading him to Martin and engine tuner for advice yes the MD and SC range are good turbos but you should also be steering this chap to the right result thats why he has asked the question

Agreed I spoke to Alan and he was speaking with Martyn too I said either the T36 or the MD321h Alan spoke highly of the T36 but was honest about the problems, Alan then spoke to martyn and the both agreed for what I want the md is better and advised on that not one of their own turbos. Martyn mapped my last car twice and he is mapped my current one I always use engine tuner and I take their advice as they know their stuff! I was curious on the t36 as there was one advertised on here at a good price but to be honest I don't think I'm prepared to take the risk and after speaking to Alan and members here it's a def no no

I appreciate you are trying to give me good advice though! :thumb:

scoobyreedy 20 November 2015 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by RICH_BUG_WRX (Post 11763249)
As I said I already spoke to Alan :thumb:

Well done mate very sensible: should drive nice with the 400 bhp h version

MartynJ 21 November 2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11763142)
I don't know if et have the presicion turbo on shelf, but when I enquired with sumo, they were a made to order item at a couple of weeks or so, so I sacked the idea as there was no definate lead time.
The problems were the older units I'm lead to believe

We can get Precision units from our supplier in 24 hours assuming they have stock on the shelf, which I believe currently is yes.

bustaMOVEs 21 November 2015 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11763346)
We can get Precision units from our supplier in 24 hours assuming they have stock on the shelf, which I believe currently is yes.

At £300 more too :thumb:

RICH_JDM_STI 21 November 2015 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyreedy (Post 11763254)
Well done mate very sensible: should drive nice with the 400 bhp h version

That's what I'm hoping! I don't think it's unrealistic to achieve 410-420 out of this turbo with the right supporting mods too right??

Nismoboy 21 November 2015 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11763369)

I think it's worth the extra money,470hp @ 1.5 bar speaks for itself.::thumb:

kshoughton 21 November 2015 06:18 PM

Well this fills me with confidence, I just bought the one that was in the for sale section. :/

RICH_JDM_STI 21 November 2015 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by kshoughton (Post 11763539)
Well this fills me with confidence, I just bought the one that was in the for sale section. :/

I nearly bought that too mate, stuart has had a few things done to that one to prevent the oil problems, speak to him he is very knowledgable on the subject, whether it fully solves the problem? Who knows!

imprezagaz 21 November 2015 07:32 PM

So did I haha. Any idea when the new t36 will be ready?

MartynJ 21 November 2015 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11763369)

The price you pay for actually being able to have one rather than a fictional one :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 21 November 2015 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11763612)
The price you pay for actually being able to have one rather than a fictional one :thumb:

Eh? Don't get your comment, I merely said you're charging £300 more than another supplier, not a fictional one as you suggest, it's the same bloody thing.

MartynJ 22 November 2015 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11763619)
Eh? Don't get your comment, I merely said you're charging £300 more than another supplier, not a fictional one as you suggest, it's the same bloody thing.

Yes but they can't supply from stock and with no definite lead time as you say what good is that.
We can supply, no lead time. Our retail is suggested and matched by our supplier based on cost per unit and import duty, it wasn't a price simply plucked from thin air.

banny sti 22 November 2015 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11763871)
Yes but they can't supply from stock and with no definite lead time as you say what good is that.
We can supply, no lead time. Our retail is suggested and matched by our supplier based on cost per unit and import duty, it wasn't a price simply plucked from thin air.

Agree with your Martyn, no point saying "yes we can get it at this price, x amount cheaper than anyone" then when it comes to buying oh no stock we dont know how long its going to be before its in stock. If you want something you pays your money and gets on with it :thumb:

cornishscoob 22 November 2015 06:11 PM

Does this mean the T36 has been dropped from recommendation due to seal failure and the precision is the next best option? From what I've been told the T36 ball bearing upgrade ain't happening any time soon.

bustaMOVEs 22 November 2015 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11763871)

It was me that couldn't wait as I was a bit impatient, if I wasn't impatient then yes I would of ordered one for £1500 delivered. They did say around 2 weeks but as said, I've needed a turbo like 3 months ago so made another decision after confirming with yourself(s) to the t36 status to which it was a negative answer 'again'.
Yes I understand you may have these ready to go from your suppliers but at £1800 delivered plus fitting kit on top. It's a big price difference so if not in a rush for one then it's worth ordering and waiting. :thumb:
And it comes direct from precision them selfs so saying its a fictional one is rarther daft.

MartynJ 22 November 2015 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11763955)
It was me that couldn't wait as I was a bit impatient, if I wasn't impatient then yes I would of ordered one for £1500 delivered. They did say around 2 weeks but as said, I've needed a turbo like 3 months ago so made another decision after confirming with yourself(s) to the t36 status to which it was a negative answer 'again'.
Yes I understand you may have these ready to go from your suppliers but at £1800 delivered plus fitting kit on top. It's a big price difference so if not in a rush for one then it's worth ordering and waiting. :thumb:
And it comes direct from precision them selfs so saying its a fictional one is rarther daft.

The fitting kit is included in that price.

MartynJ 22 November 2015 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by cornishscoob (Post 11763920)
Does this mean the T36 has been dropped from recommendation due to seal failure and the precision is the next best option? From what I've been told the T36 ball bearing upgrade ain't happening any time soon.

No it hasn't been dropped but until we are happy that all of the issues are fixed we're supplying alternatives.