ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bought some wheels off eBay grrrrr.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1030725-bought-some-wheels-off-ebay-grrrrr.html)

M2RTXhawkeye 17 October 2015 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 11750122)
Sign of the times,everyone is out to shaft each other,hope you get a refund .........

Cheers dude, if I don't it's just a lesson learnt I guess

Martin

BoozyDave 17 October 2015 10:42 PM

you should get a full refund.
they are advertised as excellent condition, they are damaged and have been repaired, so not in 'excellent' condition

ALi-B 17 October 2015 11:02 PM

Of course there is the possibility that the wheels were damaged/repaired before the last owner by either a prior owner or a dealer.

Because of the run flat tyres on Minis and BMWs, it's very easy to crack a wheel on a big pothole as the rigid side walls transfer all of the shock straight to the wheel where a non-runflat absorbs the impact. I've dealt with slow punctures which it actually turned out to be porous welds on badly repaired wheels - in every case the driver was unaware the wheels had been repaired as it was done by a prior owner/dealer.

That said, the seller should have inspected them properly before advertising them.

M2RTXhawkeye 26 October 2015 04:31 PM

Quick update eBay did step in and have told the seller to refund me :notworthy sellers been in touch to ask me what day HE should book a courier to collect wheels etc :lol1:

All in all good result will have my money back in PayPal when he receives the wheels

Martin

riiidaa 26 October 2015 04:35 PM

good stuff, paypal / ebay win

BoozyDave 26 October 2015 05:58 PM

Nice one

Also, take some pictures when you are packaging them up, then he can't accuse you of damaging them.

I bought a drill off eBay and it was faulty. When he received it back, he told ebay that the drill box had bricks in and not the drill. It was lucky I had paid 'for signed' for at the post office because they weighed the box when I sent it back and it weighed exactly what it should.

bustaMOVEs 26 October 2015 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by M2RTXhawkeye (Post 11753628)
Quick update eBay did step in and have told the seller to refund me :notworthy sellers been in touch to ask me what day HE should book a courier to collect wheels etc :lol1:

All in all good result will have my money back in PayPal when he receives the wheels

Martin

Don't let him book collection without tracking info given to you etc as he can say not received, generally, you return with proof

M2RTXhawkeye 26 October 2015 06:15 PM

Cool guys, he has to send me over the shipping label for me to print and stick on the boxes, should that suffice providing I take pics of said labels on and pics of the actual items ready for collection?

Martin

bustaMOVEs 26 October 2015 06:53 PM

Yes take pics and upload to dispute if you can with info, just to avoid any drama

Dirk Diggler 75 26 October 2015 08:47 PM

Result ......

Darrell@Scoobyworx 26 October 2015 10:13 PM

Doesn't look like weld to me either but I can't say for sure without seeing the wheel or better pics.

Also I've seen some tyre fitters who have no idea maybe he is wrong ?

Just hope you get the money back and all is sorted either way :-)