ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Summer (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1027460-summer.html)

Turbohot 26 July 2015 12:39 PM

Yes, Summer doesn't last very long here in the UK, and therefore, I'm glad that I've been able to spend those baking afternoons on the beaches, canals and waterfalls. My work locations are in close vicinity to such, which helps. It felt very different this year when I engaged all my senses to the surrounding while at such places, feel the warm sand under my feet, and have even a fried fish even when I wasn't hungry! I appreciated every moment of it!

The other day I had to have the heating on. Right now, it's p4ssing down here with strong winds. I woke up at 6:30 but I stayed in bed till 11:30, as the look though the window didn't look motivating. Even the cats are in and it's past 12:30 now.

Thank you for some amazingly warm days, dear Nature! :)

Daughter dear was watching a programme on Japanese tsunami at the early hours of this morning, after her night out . When I took her a mug of warm Camomile tea with one tsp honey in it, the sight of that programme with sheer devastation, beyond words horror and futile prayers made me freeze at the spot where I was standing. That's the other side of Nature.

alcazar 26 July 2015 04:43 PM

Wife got here on Thursday, very, very hot.

Hardly seen the sun since:( Temp has fallen from 34 to 21. :(

andy97 26 July 2015 05:05 PM

Just come back from a week touring in France, it has been glorious with temperature s upto 38C. Returned to a deluge of rain :(

Well at least the grass will grow, gave it a nice mow before we left, even trimmed the wife's hedge :D:D

dpb 26 July 2015 06:10 PM

Don't know why Liggett is so rude to Jens

Jealousy probably

Matteeboy 26 July 2015 06:27 PM

Just been for a surf. I came back cold and needed a hot bath.
I SHOULD be needing a cool outdoor shower (we have one) - argghhh!

Mega hot Italy (high 30s at the moment) on the 7th August. Thanks f3ck!

gpssti4 27 July 2015 05:23 PM

I'll be summering in a few months - probably high 30's or so, hope it doesn't get into the 40's as it's a shock to come back to the UK in single figures.

Turbohot 27 July 2015 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11716070)
Just been for a surf. I came back cold and needed a hot bath.
I SHOULD be needing a cool outdoor shower (we have one) - argghhh!

Mega hot Italy (high 30s at the moment) on the 7th August. Thanks f3ck!

My God, you're brave to surf in cold waters! Freezing here with central heating on full blast! Dark outside with black clouds and continuous rain. Can't complain as I live on.

Matteeboy 27 July 2015 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11716502)
My God, you're brave to surf in cold waters! Freezing here with central heating on full blast! Dark outside with black clouds and continuous rain. Can't complain as I live on.

The sea temperature is actually no bad - 16-17 degrees. It was the wind that did it.
In Winter, we're looking at 8 degree water temperature often with a stiff North Easterly wind. TBH my Summer suit is getting past it's sell by date - the absolute top of the range Xcel (£365 RRP - a lot for a 3/2mm suit), only lasted a year. DAMMIT! My Winter suit is warm all Winter - I got two months out of that before splitting the inside leg so it's bad k for repair - I think I surf too much... :lol1:

Turbohot 27 July 2015 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11716507)
The sea temperature is actually no bad - 16-17 degrees. It was the wind that did it.
In Winter, we're looking at 8 degree water temperature often with a stiff North Easterly wind. TBH my Summer suit is getting past it's sell by date - the absolute top of the range Xcel (£365 RRP - a lot for a 3/2mm suit), only lasted a year. DAMMIT! My Winter suit is warm all Winter - I got two months out of that before splitting the inside leg so it's bad k for repair - I think I surf too much... :lol1:

LOL you do surf too much! :lol1: It's great to be doing something positive 'too much' if you can manage. Good on you, Matt. :thumb:

dpb 27 July 2015 06:09 PM

Got in the sea today , plenty warm enough , couldn't get out the back through the 4th roller ( windsurfing) :o

The surfers were enjoying it though , no doubt plenty more too down the coast

Matteeboy 27 July 2015 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11716515)
Got in the sea today , plenty warm enough , couldn't get out the back through the 4th roller ( windsurfing) :o

The surfers were enjoying it though , no doubt plenty more too down the coast

Big but blown out here. Not been a great Summer for waves.

dpb 27 July 2015 06:40 PM

Is that too much wind ?

I'd have thought the west or north west wind shortly would hold up wave perfect

But I don't know anything about surfing.

I think somewhere like k bay would have been epic today for windsurfing anyway

dpb 27 July 2015 06:48 PM

I'll be summering in southern Africa from mid October for 6 weeks :D

* not the post part though ( or anything like it )

Matteeboy 27 July 2015 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11716530)
Is that too much wind ?

I'd have thought the west or north west wind shortly would hold up wave perfect

But I don't know anything about surfing.

I think somewhere like k bay would have been epic today for windsurfing anyway

We need anything from SW to NE on this coast. Blowing offshore. Light/no winds are fine too whatever the direction.

dpb 27 July 2015 10:40 PM

Did someone mention frost tonight :eek:

Still it's only end july

ScoobyWon't 27 July 2015 10:59 PM

I hope it's warmed up this time next week for my honeymoon in sunny Cornwall!

Matteeboy 28 July 2015 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11716667)
I hope it's warmed up this time next week for my honeymoon in sunny Cornwall!

Forecast looks pretty good; enjoy!

dpb 11 September 2015 10:05 AM

At last some a whole week of summer weather :thumb:

It's autumn of course and it'll be over sunday late pm

alcazar 11 September 2015 11:44 AM

Not so good down the East Coast as usual.

Paben 11 September 2015 11:57 AM

If we had the perpetual summer that some seem to wish for then we wouldn't live in our 'green and pleasant land' but a brown semi desert. I know which I prefer!

Turbohot 11 September 2015 04:58 PM

Apparently some storm is coming from the Caribbean to cause a right upside down in the UK next week. :eek:

Good bye, Summer. See you next year, hopefully. :thumb:

dpb 11 September 2015 05:31 PM

I think it's just a weekend coming ! ;)

Clouding up allready

alcazar 11 September 2015 05:35 PM

We've had the usual East Coast spring/summer weather this week.
Cloudy all day, clearing slowly from around 6pm, to leave a clear sky all night, but clouded over by 8am next day.

Something to do with the North Sea being cold.

Turbohot 11 September 2015 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11735323)
I think it's just a weekend coming ! ;)

Clouding up allready

Yes, cool winds may pick up in a bit, and rain will turn up with them, uninvited. Giving me a terrible headache, these clouds. I think I need take a couple of paracetamols and sleep for an hour or so. Then I shall wake up, only to see my garden fence gone with the wind. As long as the gravity pulls my cats back to the ground safe and sound, that's all that matters.

dpb 11 September 2015 07:26 PM

Bit morbid :eek:

Turbohot 11 September 2015 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11735360)
Bit morbid :eek:

Is it f**k! :D

Headache? Normal and hardly morbid. After work nap? Not normal but not morbid at all. It was a pleasant plan. Fence blowing? Normal and what does one expect. Cats flying? Not normal but quite amusing as long as they don't get hurt.

The after work nap plan failed anyways, because a mate rang in to rant about what happened in the Equal Rights meeting. The never-ending stories of the fight for the rights carried on for two hours, putting the Caribbean hurricane to shame. Luckily , I had taken two co-codamol tabs beforehand. So, the headache didn't worsen, to be fair. Now I'm all ready to hear the stories of equal wrongs, if you have any? :)

dpb 09 November 2015 02:55 PM

Wind
Westerly or southwesterly 5 to 7, increasing gale 8 at times.
Sea State
Moderate or rough.
Weather
Rain or drizzle at times.
Visibility
Moderate or poor, occasionally good.
12:00 UTC Tue 10th Nov – 11:59 UTC Wed 11th Nov

Wind
Southwesterly 5 to 7.
Sea State
Moderate.
Weather
Drizzle at times.
Visibility
Moderate or good, occasionally poor.

dpb 09 November 2015 02:59 PM

Fortunately I'm away though its getting bit hot towards Thursday (38) , and hasn't rained since March :eek:. Hoping it'll be cooler in North East t ( Zimbabwe ) , off tomorrow
Power cuts are challenging

alcazar 09 November 2015 04:35 PM

Been back from France a week...and haven't seen the sun once since getting home, either fog lasting all day, rain or low cloud...or both of the last two.

Given the state of my life here, i reckon I'll go back. Won't be home any time soon.

ScoobyWon't 10 November 2015 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11758704)
Been back from France a week...and haven't seen the sun once since getting home, either fog lasting all day, rain or low cloud...or both of the last two.

Given the state of my life here, i reckon I'll go back. Won't be home any time soon.

Track down some Citroen HY parts for me while you are out there. :thumb: