ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Having breakfast whilst driving! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026052-having-breakfast-whilst-driving.html)

Torquemada 19 June 2015 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11699071)
But it's the difference in attitude; dash cam in vehicles are there for insurance purposes, cams on cyclists allows them to be cocks.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...51284ce9c0.jpg

Torquemada 19 June 2015 04:56 AM

kinda wished I never googled that tbh....

ditchmyster 19 June 2015 06:51 AM

Cyclists wearing headcams are the new bobby on the beat, and think they have some sort of moral duty to defend the world against wrong doers, confronting anyone in they see fit because "you're on camera, this is going to the Police" I think the Police should do something about the cyclists, I don't see what they think gives them the right to bang on peoples car windows and invade their privacy by posting vids on utube.

I hope the pompus arse and his camrades in arms get punched in the face and their camera stomped on.

As for the cereal eater, who cares, she's probably been doing it for years because she sits in traffic for the first 10 mins rolling at 1 mph, I doubt he'd be complaining if she was having her morning fiddle and he caught that on camera. :D

pimmo2000 19 June 2015 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11699144)
kinda wished I never googled that tbh....

:lol1:

andy97 19 June 2015 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11699071)
But it's the difference in attitude; dash cam in vehicles are there for insurance purposes, cams on cyclists allows them to be cocks.

There is no difference, drivers use them as evidence of wring doing by other road users. Cyclist use them as evidence of wrong doing by other road users

. The more head cams use is fine by me, I can see the end result is the police enforcing alot more, due to the sheer volume of incidents being reported. This will make drivers and cyclists wary of wrong doing incase they are being filmed. Safer roads will be the end result for all :)

ALi-B 19 June 2015 07:55 AM

What gets me with these cameras is the legality....I chatted to plod about CCTV on the house for their perspective, and one thing I was warned of was that cameras cannot be aimed at the public path, road or bridle way. It's technically illegal and dodgy to do so.

Yet here we have body worn and dash cams doing exactly that. :cuckoo:

dpb 19 June 2015 09:21 AM

Girlfriends mentioned this , she's been a journalist before now and is regularly talking about people taking photos /film without permission for publishing

But look all the gutter press - that's their job. :wonder:

wayne9t9 19 June 2015 10:51 AM

Going for a ride.

Butty 19 June 2015 10:54 AM

The future is Cops on cambikes - they can act as bait bikers to goad car drivers into fineable acts plus nab the phoning/eating/showering/reading commuters.
This will generate even more income as well as getting cops off their fat 4rses and save money on maintaining squad cars.

Wins all round!

f1_fan 19 June 2015 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Butty (Post 11699248)
The future is Cops on cambikes - they can act as bait bikers to goad car drivers into fineable acts plus nab the phoning/eating/showering/reading commuters.
This will generate even more income as well as getting cops off their fat 4rses and save money on maintaining squad cars.

Wins all round!

I don't think any baiting will be required form what I see on the roads every time I drive anywhere. There are so many imbeciles in cars and vans these days it's unbelievable.... if the police actually had some presence on the road network they could make a fortune form the fines and hopefully persuade people to be more law abiding and courteous.

EddScott 19 June 2015 03:07 PM

Stupid woman gets verbal abuse from stupid cyclist.

Edmondo 20 June 2015 09:41 AM

The closer you live to the Big Smoke then this is more common......Took parents to Gatwick quite a few years ago and on the M3 I lost count of the amount of people either shaving or had LapTops open etc.......Its a sad indication of the "life" that some of the people lead who work up there.......Give me green fields and a slow pace of life anyday

Skoobie Dhu 21 June 2015 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 11699049)
This.

Except one is insured and the other isn't.

I've heard of a number of accidents where a cyclist knocks over and injures a pedestrian - presumably the injured pedestrian has no means of claiming any compensation?

I'd like to see mandatory insurance for cyclists on public roads - as well as some sort of enforceable penalty system for cyclists who ignore the rules of the road.

andy97 21 June 2015 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Skoobie Dhu (Post 11700086)
Except one is insured and the other isn't.

I've heard of a number of accidents where a cyclist knocks over and injures a pedestrian - presumably the injured pedestrian has no means of claiming any compensation?

I'd like to see mandatory insurance for cyclists on public roads - as well as some sort of enforceable penalty system for cyclists who ignore the rules of the road.

I have insurance through my cycling membership. Not to be claimed against, but to use when I have been wronged, most responsible cyclist are insured through some form of club membership. Like Un insured drivers reckless behaviour should not be tolerated. Difference, cyclist accidents are rare and usually minor. Vehicle injuries are generally more serious including life changing or death. No necessity for statutory insurance for cyclist s

Your second paragraph is hearsay

dpb 21 June 2015 02:00 PM

I'm sure the pedestrian could take some sort of legal action regardless if he's got witnesses