ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   takeaway (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1019698-takeaway.html)

Dirk Diggler 75 07 February 2015 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11622560)
Indian for us

we sometime go "off piste" and get a Chinese, but always regret it

the site of albino chicken in wall paper paste - dampens the appetite somewhat

We must use the same Chinese because ours is always ****e .....

Turbohot 07 February 2015 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11622546)
Digressing: Chinese curry and chips....om nom nom. :D

OK, I know you've digressed, but..........

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11622545)
Pilau rice for me :)

Coriander Naan or Palak.

What's that^ about? :confused:. You should either have both naan as well as curried palak, or select curried palak to go with your pilau rice, if you don't want the naan. You can't eat just the pilau rice with bleddy naan bread as it will be a dry meal for you, even when your pilau rice must be a bit greasy. OK, You can push it down with your beer, but that's not the correct way, really.

All the flavour's in the main dish, so I prefer my side dishes to be more bland and herb-y.
Sure. That's acceptable. :D

Turbohot 07 February 2015 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11622557)
Has anybody heard Bengal naga chilli , theres a chicken dish with it here

Yes, we've had threads here where some macho people have bragged that they can eat up a whole naga chilli in 30 seconds without calling a fire brigade out. :D

dpb 07 February 2015 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11622572)
Yes, we've had threads here where some macho people have bragged that they can eat up a whole naga chilli in 30 seconds without calling a fire brigade out. :D

Oh is that what it is , iv had too much chilli lately , we were given some food from girlfriends Nigerian workmate couple weeks back

ACTUALLY too much heat for me ( I guess if you have it all the time like she does its ok)... Mixing chicken fish and beef on the same dish is pretty weird as well

Reheated home made fish pie for me tonight :(

stevebt 07 February 2015 08:10 PM

I have just eaten, House special chow mien, house special egg foo Young a portion of mushrooms, chips and fried rice :D

lozgti1 07 February 2015 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11622507)
I'll marry you, but it depends. I'm not that shallow (we all say that, I know), but question 1-what do you look like? :D

Also, if you're under 45, you're out. I'm not marrying a toy boy again. :nono:

Also, if you snore at night, you're out. :thumb:

:lol1:

Lol

George Clooney.honest!

47 in a few days

No snoring.sleep like an Angel :-)

the shreksta 07 February 2015 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11622507)
I'll marry you, but it depends. I'm not that shallow (we all say that, I know), but question 1-what do you look like? :D

Also, if you're under 45, you're out. I'm not marrying a toy boy again. :nono:

Also, if you snore at night, you're out. :thumb:

forget ditchy...............im 34,very tall and i have a tongue like lassie and i can breathe through my ears :norty::norty::norty:

scoobyboy1 07 February 2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11622607)
forget ditchy...............im 34,very tall and i have a tongue like lassie and i can breathe through my ears :norty::norty::norty:

:lol:

Anyway back to the OP question, Mines a Indian.:luvlove:
Chicken Chat as a starter, then a Egg Fried Rice, Chicken Pathia, Keema nan bread, 4x poppadoms with mango chutney, mint yogurt, and onion salad!!:notworthy

Aaron1978 07 February 2015 08:28 PM

Indian is my favorite, Chicken jalfrezi, keema rice and keema naan :luvlove:

Second is Chinese, I have a few dishes I can never choose between, but it always involves a starter of aromatic crispy duck :D

Turbohot 07 February 2015 08:32 PM

Ok, thanks for the summary of your competency on offer. But Ditchy told me that I'll be only as tall as your arm at 3 foot 4, and you're a toy boy at 34. Very odd combination hence I'm out. :lol1:

scoobyboy1 07 February 2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron1978 (Post 11622620)
Indian is my favorite, Chicken jalfrezi, keema rice and keema naan :luvlove:

Second is Chinese, I have a few dishes I can never choose between, but it always involves a starter of aromatic crispy duck :D

Chinese near me I always have the Singapore chow mein, and crispy beef in Cantonese sauce:notworthy

This thread is making me hungry:brickwall Ive been eating healthy for the last couple of months and training hard. Think I need a cheat day and pig out on some takeaway!!:(

Turbohot 07 February 2015 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11622601)
Lol

George Clooney.honest!

47 in a few days

No snoring.sleep like an Angel :-)

You look like George Clooney? :eek:

I'm in!

Let me know which number I am, in the queue. I'll make much better food better than all those b7tches :mad: in the queue, I promise!

ditchmyster 07 February 2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 11622561)
Home made burgers for us tonight.

None of this takeaway MSG ****e..... ;)

Tell them not to put any in and you'll be able to actually taste the food.;)

ditchmyster 07 February 2015 09:37 PM

Yeah but you aint no where near as good looking as me. :D

ditchmyster 07 February 2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11622624)
Ok, thanks for the summary of your competency on offer. But Ditchy told me that I'll be only as tall as your arm at 3 foot 4, and you're a toy boy at 34. Very odd combination hence I'm out. :lol1:

That's my girl. :luvlove: :D And don't worry about the snoring, you won't be getting any sleep around me. :norty: :lol1:

daviee 07 February 2015 09:42 PM

Quiet night in Chicken Satay stir fry style fried rice eaten watching the Voice , the west of Scotland probably has the best Chinese / Indian food in the world. Home of the Tikka Masala.

ditchmyster 07 February 2015 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11622626)
Chinese near me I always have the Singapore chow mein, and crispy beef in Cantonese sauce:notworthy

This thread is making me hungry:brickwall Ive been eating healthy for the last couple of months and training hard. Think I need a cheat day and pig out on some takeaway!!:(

Big carb day makes you produce insulin. :thumb:

Turbohot 07 February 2015 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11622711)
That's my girl. :luvlove: :D And don't worry about the snoring, you won't be getting any sleep around me. :norty: :lol1:

gpssti4 08 February 2015 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11622538)
Its not even Welsh cheese! LOL :D

At least they didn't get it protected by the EU like the Cornish did with the pasty! :cuckoo:

Oi! Hands off my pasty you heathen :mad:

People were putting things like peas in them and calling them a Cornish Pasty.

Oh, and a pasty for lunch yesterday lol. :thumb:

dpb 08 February 2015 07:37 AM

What's wrong with peas, you put carrots in em :razz:

gpssti4 09 February 2015 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11622837)
What's wrong with peas, you put carrots in em :razz:

lol no we don't!

ditchmyster 10 February 2015 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 11622833)
Oi! Hands off my pasty you heathen :mad:

People were putting things like peas in them and calling them a Cornish Pasty.

Oh, and a pasty for lunch yesterday lol. :thumb:

oooh I love Cornish Pasties, Sausage rolls, Pork pies and Scotch Eggs, yum, yum probably the only thing I miss about going out to work. :lol1:

Dingdongler 10 February 2015 11:45 AM

I'm yet to find a TA (ie one that is just a TA) that serves food that I can actually enjoy. Most so called Indian's are actually run by Bangladeshis and the food tastes like it has been made from off the shelf sauces.

I've never had a decent Chinese TA.

My local Thai restaurant is good and does TA so I'll have that or my local Fish and Chip is also very good.

dpb 10 February 2015 01:38 PM

Di anybody see Tony Singh in Punjab last night? :D

ditchmyster 10 February 2015 02:31 PM

I had Chinese last night but made it myself :Suspiciou well almost, bought some shell on king prawns, de-shelled them and fried them a bit till they start to curl then chucked in a lidl sweet & sour sauce from a jar, which is quite good once you throw in some chili powder to add some bite, ;) boiled some rice (basmati) whisked a couple of eggs and bunged them in the wok, when they were just about done, bit of soy sauce in chuck in the rice and mix it all up.

Hey presto, Sweet & Sour chili prawns with egg fried rice, served up with lidl prawn crackers, better than some of the meals I've had from the TA. :D

Dingdongler 10 February 2015 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11624372)
Di anybody see Tony Singh in Punjab last night? :D

I watched some of it. He needs subtitles though, I can't understand a word he says.:lol1:

dpb 10 February 2015 04:38 PM

Haha