ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Phablets... Iphone 6 plus, Nexus 6, Samsung Note 4, TALK TO ME (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1018902-phablets-iphone-6-plus-nexus-6-samsung-note-4-talk-to-me.html)

Littleted 08 February 2015 08:57 AM

Sharret iPhone and iPad air 2 end of, I've got android in this house and it's dusty, I'm a windows man...

However I bought myself a 5k retina iMac last week, and I've been bombing jack for guidance... With the iPhone and Yosemite the handoff and integration is just so chiffin easy.

Even IBOOKS i now have a desktop app wooooooooooot, drag n drop anything and by magic it's on my iPad, ok a bit like iTunes but easier.

And iMessage how novel was it to be able to sms from my screen....loved that. Ok I sound like a noob but I've iPads and iPhones since release I'm,now sat in bed with wife and daughter all on iPad air2 they just work..

Took some getting used to did OSX but now I'm kinda mastering it, it's pretty damn cool. Make a note on iMac walla on phone...

It's like a,funky expended feature Dropbox change one thing happens on everything.
The android stuff is ok and does work, but I cannot for the life of me love it.. I was in a meeting in London with Citrix and even they say it's do sporadic is android too many variants to support properly iPad just works and is consistant.

And after 5years plus of Iphone and iPads not had any issue ever it gets my vote

FYI I did exactly what your doing now, I saw the new sony tablet and bought the z2 phone and tablet I liked them both for 1 month then I fell outa love, sold pad to my dad and phone is in the draw , don't make that mistake mate just stick with iPhone

Also try using an android in REALTIME to get directions its ****eeee, try using geocaching app,on android it just points you in a direction, apples does it in realtime tracking you towards the treasure awesome....

The Samsung look nice and the new super amoled screens are lovely but be careful you'll soon start hating it after honeymoon period,ends..

ScoobyDoo555 08 February 2015 04:02 PM

Both Wifey and I are looking at 6+ when we upgrade this year. But we'll keep our old 5s. (her's is a 5 5, mine's a 5s) - I've got an ipad, but I may not have it later this year. The 6+ will be a great option for both Wifey and myself.

LSherratt 08 February 2015 07:37 PM

For god sake guys, you lot are making it so difficult! :lol1:

JackClark 08 February 2015 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11623328)
For god sake guys, you lot are making it so difficult! :lol1:

Buy the iPhone, enjoy a familiar but much better device, do something else.

Buy something running Android, enjoy setting it up, wow, it's so different, get a bit annoyed setting it up, set it up again, update, root, mod, whatnot, repeat for months till you get apps that are 'like' iPhone.

There are people that enjoy both choices.

Galifrey 09 February 2015 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11623433)

Buy something running Android, enjoy setting it up, wow, it's so different, get a bit annoyed setting it up, set it up again, update, root, mod, whatnot, repeat for months till you get apps that are 'like' iPhone.

Or just use Samsung Smart Switch and get a note 4.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-switch/

Whilst iphone may have some obscure apps that few use, all the popular apps are on Android and frankly nicer to use with the extra flexibility of the OS.

You are so blinkered Jack.

An0n0m0us 09 February 2015 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11623433)

Yes there are people who enjoy both choices so why post the utter nonsense above that comment?

I've been an ipad and iphone user for years, original ipad and iphone 3G when it was out to later models however there came a point when the iphone lost it's magic (after the 4 for me) and android phones were a better choice (for me personally don't care what anyone else says).

For a tablet I will always say ipad if your budget stretches that far but for phones, at least if you want a phablet/large screen phone I will always say Note 4 as it really is that good. Before it came along there wasn't any phone that met all my requirements and I had no preference to any one manufacturer. It just happened the Note 4 ticked every box for the first time. The only other one that came close previously was the iphone 4, for me it was a beautiful piece of tech that just felt quality to use.

I have no need to root my Note 4, with 3gb ram and 32gb internal storage plus a 64gb sd card that is all the storage I could possibly need and never get close to using that ram up, now the specs are what they are there just isn't the need for rooting any more. Battery lasts 3 days before needing a charge and the S-Pen is such a great tool that i've used it far more than I ever thought I would, just saw it is as a gimmick before getting the phone. The camera quality is impressive and combined with the S-Pen its photo editing capabilities are excellent, just adding text to something or drawing around something to highlight it with the accuracy of the S-Pen is far superior than any effort that involves using your big fat fingers on the screen. Plus using it for a notepad when needing to jot something down comes in very handy at times.

The one thing I will agree on with the Apple fan boys is that if you want seamless integration with Apple products then yes you will need to stick with an iphone, that's just the way it is. Anything else will involve effort to work with an imac/ipad etc in terms of syncing. It can be done but it's hassle in comparison.

If you go Android compare the Nexus 6 and Note 4 to see what you think is best for you. If you need easy integration with your existing Apple products keep to an iphone.

JackClark 09 February 2015 05:01 PM

You call it nonsense then 200 words later suggest "keep to an iPhone" thanks for demonstrating my point.

An0n0m0us 09 February 2015 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11623892)
You call it nonsense then 200 words later suggest "keep to an iPhone" thanks for demonstrating my point.

You need to learn to stop taking stuff out of context or learn to fvcking read.

JackClark 09 February 2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11623895)
You need to learn to stop taking stuff out of context or learn to fvcking read.

You need to control your anger, you'll end up snapping your stylus.

An0n0m0us 09 February 2015 05:44 PM

No anger here, how about you stop trolling.

JackClark 09 February 2015 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11623919)
No anger here, how about you stop trolling.

How about you allow me to have an opinion, whether you like it or not, stopping swearing might be nice too.

An0n0m0us 09 February 2015 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11624157)
How about you allow me to have an opinion, whether you like it or not, stopping swearing might be nice too.

It's not an opinion when you take someone else's comments and quote them out of context. As for swearing you stop trolling and I won't then swear in reply to you.

Galifrey 10 February 2015 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11624169)
It's not an opinion when you take someone else's comments and quote them out of context. As for swearing you stop trolling and I won't then swear in reply to you.

You're wasting your breath.

He will go on and on until his next ban.

ditchmyster 10 February 2015 07:30 AM

:lol1: Ladies please. :lol1:

JackClark 10 February 2015 12:06 PM

So many Fandroids trolling this thread, you lot just can't keep it zipped.

Galifrey 10 February 2015 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11624331)
So many Fandroids trolling this thread, you lot just can't keep it zipped.

Pot Kettle.

LSherratt 12 February 2015 10:53 AM

Mobile ordered :thumb: Will get it tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm ready for the inevitable arguments and you lot telling me what I should/or shouldn't have done! :lol1:

JackClark 12 February 2015 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11625687)
Mobile ordered :thumb: Will get it tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm ready for the inevitable arguments and you lot telling me what I should/or shouldn't have done! :lol1:

You seem like a sensible sort, enjoy your iPhone.

dpb 12 February 2015 03:11 PM

Feel proud you've not been sucked in , again. :)

ossett2k2 12 February 2015 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11625687)

Be interested to know what you went for?
I'm in the same boat,iphone 5 due for upgrade,I'm swaying more towards android atm :wonder:

JackClark 12 February 2015 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11625872)
Be interested to know what you went for?
I'm in the same boat,iphone 5 due for upgrade,I'm swaying more towards android atm :wonder:

It's a tricky one, update your iPhone 5 to a 6 and get a bigger in the important places, faster, slimmer in the right places and better looking model who fits right in, or go with the fancy bit caked in make up and jewellery who'll need a lot of attention.

LSherratt 12 February 2015 05:19 PM

Blackberry :thumb: I will reveal all tomorrow when it arrives, but it's a slight oddball! :norty:

ditchmyster 12 February 2015 05:22 PM

:lol1:

ossett2k2 12 February 2015 05:30 PM

Blackberry! Never even considered that,,,hmm might be worth a look?

An0n0m0us 12 February 2015 06:48 PM

:facepalm:

dpb 12 February 2015 07:26 PM

Awesome :thumb:

Littleted 12 February 2015 07:59 PM

Companies dead isn't it lol, or well please report back Sherret

dpb 13 February 2015 09:02 AM

And consequently therefore proper VALUE for money

LSherratt 13 February 2015 01:17 PM

You gullible lot :lol1:

Well it turned up so here it is!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2rd9qpc.jpg

Iphone 6 plus 64GB.... (and a nice clear rugged case to keep it looking fresh)

My reasons are as follows (after hours of research and deliberating);

I basically ruled out the Note 4 fairly early on due to the stylus and touch wiz as I got the impression that touch wiz was simply a gimmick. Sure, I bet it can be really good at times, but other times a pain to use, apparently. I also can't see myself taking out the stylus while 'out and about' and that there are problems with lag sometimes with touch wiz. The camera and screen of the Note 4 is the best thing out of all phablets.

Between the Nexus 6 and iPhone 6 plus there wasn't much in it and I ALMOST went for the Nexus but I came to my senses. I know that there is no other phone in the world that will work as well as an iPhone with my Mac. Why would I want to be bothered with the hassle of trying to get Android to work with a Mac when the iPhone already does that seamlessly. Like littleted said, once the honeymoon period had worn off, I'd be regretting my choice of the Nexus as I'd end up getting fed up of the lack of integration with my Mac. Spec wise, the iPhone 6 plus is just as fast as all the competition in real world situations according to all the reviews etc, the only thing I gathered that it (and the Nexus) can't beat is the camera on the Note 4, but it's still perfectly good enough anyway. Battery life on the iPhone 6 plus is the best out of the others too.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, I think it depends on what computer you use. I love being able to text from my computer; iTunes works really smoothly and it's super easy to get files/music onto my phone etc; picture's via iPhoto is mega easy... simply plug my phone in and click on "import" and there they are along with other integration features. I even answered a telephone call the other day through my Mac and I just knew I'd have to stick with the iPhone because it works. I have nothing against IOS or Android for that matter either, it's just IOS is better for my situation.

Shoot me down everyone if you like, but that's my reasoning! My Apple laptop was the main consideration! I'd be stupid not to stick with IOS.

...Now to enjoy :)

LSherratt 13 February 2015 01:56 PM

Screen is lovely to work with already! Such a step up from the baby iPhone 5.

http://i61.tinypic.com/oac8xi.jpg

(Pictures taken with iPhone 5 :lol1:)