ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Do not visit Birmingham or London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1018219-do-not-visit-birmingham-or-london.html)

Devildog 13 January 2015 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11602360)
And it's a story that is twisted very far from the truth.

On that day SC got so busy with visitors that they made it a family only place. If they had not, the mixture of families and groups of young lads celebrating Eid would have not gone down very well.

There are only two logical explanations for the mixture not having gone down very well.

Either families, or groups of young lads celebrating Eid, were likely to cause trouble.

And I think we can safely say it wouldn't be the families.

So are you saying Shaid that groups of young lads celebrating Eid were likely to cause trouble?

Shaid 13 January 2015 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11602639)
There are only two logical explanations for the mixture not having gone down very well.

Either families, or groups of young lads celebrating Eid, were likely to cause trouble.

And I think we can safely say it wouldn't be the families.

So are you saying Shaid that groups of young lads celebrating Eid were likely to cause trouble?

Apparently ISIS (Birmingham Division) said that SC is for families only that day. Anyone who are not family or couples will not be allowed in. No groups of lads. I have no idea why they made that decision. I'll ask Bin Laden next time I'm in Afghanistan.

Devildog 13 January 2015 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11602648)
Apparently ISIS (Birmingham Division) said that SC is for families only that day. Anyone who are not family or couples will not be allowed in. No groups of lads. I have no idea why they made that decision. I'll ask Bin Laden next time I'm in Afghanistan.

Do you have a functioning brain? Are you thick? Are you doing this on purpose?

It was a simple question Shaid :p

f1_fan 13 January 2015 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11602460)
What news sources to you trust, Chris?

It's not so much which to trust IMO, it's how sort the fact from the fiction, conjecture, opinion... call it what you will.

Personally I find the printed press a complete waste of time save for the Guardian which I know many view as left wing, but which rarely gets embroiled in things like the phone tapping scandal... in fact it was the only newspaper to emerge from the Leveson Report with some integrity

Personally as far as broadcast media go I find the best thing to do is watch some BBC, some Sky, some CNN and some more far flung stations like Al Jazeera and see what common themes you find in them as regards facts of the matter while attempting to sift out the inevitable slant depending on their leanings etc.

A good example of this was the Israeli operation in Palestine of last year where the news reports were very different in their angle depending on the station you watched.

It's what I try and do anyway and I am sure from time to time I can get suckered in like the rest, but I do try to question what I am being told to see if it adds up with other sources.

Originally Posted by Carnut (Post 11602548)
I'll take this with my name also being Chris :) If people agree what is being said in the news then it's trustworthy, if they don't, well then it's not.:D

I don't think that is altogether true, but it does hold true for politicians actions and statements. For example there are people on here who automatically decry anything Miliband says whilst lapping up Cameron's nonsense and vice versa. Fortunately I don't trust any of them so I take anything any one of them says as being probably uttered with some personal agenda in mind and usually I am right!

JTaylor 13 January 2015 05:04 PM

Fair enough, Chris.

Shaid 13 January 2015 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11602661)

Do you have a functioning brain? Nope

Are you thick? Oh very

Are you doing this on purpose? Nope it's natural

It was a simple question Shaid :p

As above

Carnut 13 January 2015 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11602603)
Do you think Starcity were wrong in their decision?

No, I'm not sure what Eid involves and if necessary due to specific requirements of Eid then maybe they should sell tickets before hand avaliable to Muslims only, i don't no. What i do know is I'm still none the wiser on Eid so I'll just assume it encourages young Muslims to be aggressive.

Shaid 13 January 2015 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut (Post 11602700)
No, I'm not sure what Eid involves and if necessary due to specific requirements of Eid then maybe they should sell tickets before hand avaliable to Muslims only, i don't no. What i do know is I'm still none the wiser on Eid so I'll just assume it encourages young Muslims to be aggressive.

Yep, that's it nail on the head.

Carnut 13 January 2015 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11602737)
Yep, that's it nail on the head.

:lol1: it's fine with me whether they make it a Muslim night or family night or neither. They should maybe put some signs up or advertise their intentions should they choose to make it a special night though. Either way I'm not sure how Eid works or what SC chose to do or not.

Shaid 13 January 2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut (Post 11602746)
:lol1: it's fine with me whether they make it a Muslim night or family night or neither. They should maybe put some signs up or advertise their intentions should they choose to make it a special night though. Either way I'm not sure how Eid works or what SC chose to do or not.

I agree, one should always educate themselves before firing off opinions. Saves embarrassment.

Willowsdad 13 January 2015 08:41 PM

Surely if this is true it would be on a par with turning Muslims away from a similar place at Christmas?? There would be outrage!

thenewgalaxy 13 January 2015 11:18 PM

Star City is in a particularly grim part of the world so security were helping anyone being turned away!

Carnut 14 January 2015 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11602748)
I agree, one should always educate themselves before firing off opinions. Saves embarrassment.

Is assuming something through limited knowledge after trying to gain said knowledge from, lets say you, the same as having a opinion? :)

ALi-B 18 January 2015 12:43 PM

Finally Fox apologies. Seems they were also telling porkies about "no-go" Muslim only "zones" in France as well.

Don't know if this was actually a webcast, or a live air broadcast - or even in the same time slot. (I wouldn't put it past them to broadcast apologies at 3:00am local time ;) )

I'm now off to Mecca......as I have a call from the minaret

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/...0_5542a04b.jpg

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/p...um/4448467.jpg

:D

joz8968 18 January 2015 01:45 PM

"Mecca?! MECCAAAA?!!"

Pop quiz: Name the BBC play/feature film?

stonejedi 18 January 2015 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11601396)
Fox News. :freak3:

THIS!!!.SJ.

JTaylor 18 January 2015 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11606079)
"Mecca?! MECCAAAA?!!"

Pop quiz: Name the BBC play/feature film?

"...Archer?!". Scum. Brilliant.

joz8968 18 January 2015 09:28 PM

JT wins £5.

tony de wonderful 20 January 2015 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11606019)
Finally Fox apologies. Seems they were also telling porkies about "no-go" Muslim only "zones" in France as well.

We're only upset because there is a grain of truth.

Have no Muslims tried to enforce Sharia law in their local areas, with non-Muslim specifically told that "this is a Muslim area"?

I think we both know there are well documented cases.

Shaid 21 January 2015 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11608258)
We're only upset because there is a grain of truth.

Have no Muslims tried to enforce Sharia law in their local areas, with non-Muslim specifically told that "this is a Muslim area"?

I think we both know there are well documented cases.

So then... You tell me where in Birmingham a muslim has enforced sharia law on someone?

Actually since your so smart why don't you tell me about sharia law? What is it that you know about sharia law? Are there any books about sharia law? Any guides?

Or are you referring to that southern neck bearded muslims ginger nutter that puts sharia law stickers on lamp posts conveniently when there is a Daily Mail photographer standing by.

hodgy0_2 21 January 2015 08:10 AM

Fox News have done it to Paris as well - the mayor is threatening to sue

Different "experts", different city, same rubbish - in fact the map the showed with no go areas highlighted included some ver exclusive areas - including the place de republic

But this nonsense gets perpetuated, you can see how draft conspiracy theories get traction

JTaylor 21 January 2015 08:28 AM

There are Muslim enclaves in London and Paris and Birmingham. Anyone care to refute this?

Shaid 21 January 2015 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11608431)
There are Muslim enclaves in London and Paris and Birmingham. Anyone care to refute this?

Now we all know the answer to this. You are somehow going to give fox's story some credibility now aren't you?

JTaylor 21 January 2015 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11608434)
Now we all know the answer to this. You are somehow going to give fox's story some credibility now aren't you?

Refute my statement. Add Tower Hamlets, Leicester and Bradford to the list. Also, are they shrinking or growing? And are there Sharia Councils in these areas? Just take me on without the slurs and nonsense, Shaid, it'll be fun.

Shaid 21 January 2015 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11608439)
Refute my statement. Add Tower Hamlets, Leicester and Bradford to the list. Also, are they shrinking or growing? And are there Sharia Councils in these areas? Just take me on without the slurs and nonsense, Shaid, it'll be fun.

It is true, there are areas of certain cities where the majority living there are muslim. Those areas are growing as the population increases. We also have muslim flight which is the same as white flight - people who choose to live in different areas to get away form the ghetto. There are sharia councils at certain mosques however you have purposefully missed out the fact that the law of the land supersedes them and that they are entirely voluntary to settle disputes. A handful of people use the sharia methods. I know and have met more muslims than you've had hot dinners and i know of nobody who has used these councils.

JTaylor 21 January 2015 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11608448)
It is true, there are areas of certain cities where the majority living there are muslim. Those areas are growing as the population increases.

Which is accelerating most rapidly: the Muslim area or the general population?

We also have muslim flight which is the same as white flight - people who choose to live in different areas to get away form the ghetto.

Why do they want to "get away from the ghetto"? How did these areas become ghettos?

There are sharia councils at certain mosques however you have purposefully missed out the fact that the law of the land supersedes them and that they are entirely voluntary to settle disputes. A handful of people use the sharia methods. I know and have met more muslims than you've had hot dinners and i know of nobody who has used these councils.

If you had to predict whether Islamic Sharia Council was going to grow or recede, what would it be?

Shaid 21 January 2015 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11608473)
Which is accelerating most rapidly: the Muslim area or the general population?

Mashallah more brothers (and sisters). Remember the Islamic plan to outbreed the population?

Why do they want to "get away from the ghetto"? How did these areas become ghettos?

More opportunities in areas that are not ghettos, cheaper insurance, better quality of houses. They became ghettos due to racism, segregation and a million and one other reasons.

If you had to predict whether Islamic Sharia Council was going to grow or recede, what would it be?

what is your angle Jamal? Spit it out, stop being deliberately obtuse.

JTaylor 21 January 2015 10:03 AM

Barely lasted a couple of posts. Forget it.

Shaid 21 January 2015 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11608483)
Barely lasted a couple of posts. Forget it.

Halluliah (or however it is spelt), praise be to the Lord. He has stopped the devil known on SN as Jamal Taylor in his tracks. Thy Lord blesseth they sheep n Shepard.

DYK 21 January 2015 10:36 AM

I'd like to give that female news reporter some of my white stuff... ;)