ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Totally Gutted - Arson (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1004216-totally-gutted-arson.html)

dabiscuit 15 May 2014 08:46 AM

Parents can be held responsible now, think that only came in a couple of years ago mind.

Fonzey 15 May 2014 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by dabiscuit (Post 11428633)
Parents can be held responsible now, think that only came in a couple of years ago mind.

It was about 7 years ago when it happened. Basically it was a 14 year old had been drinking in the pub down the road. He eventually was identified as being underage, so walked the ~2km back to his house kicking the mirrors off of cars as he went past. He did about 40 cars apparently.

When he got to mine, the mirror didn't snap off - it simply bent backwards and cracked the glass.

This appeared to "mug him off", and he came back at the car destroying the mirror, denting the door and front wing and making a right mess of the paint.

Luckily it was parked down a road full of OAP curtain twitchers, and luckily somebody identified him.

Police talked to the parents, he got warned etc - my only option was to take it through small claims, but I really didn't have the time/emotion to commit to it as apparently any repayment would be made at a rate at which the child could afford... so 50p a month?!

BlobeyeSTI 16 May 2014 09:53 AM

Unlucky mate sorry for your loss i hope the **ckers get caught :(

Marshall-P 16 May 2014 10:14 AM

This is truly shocking best of luck getting everything sorted.

The problem you have is if the person who did it is in the system they are probably protected due to law having no common sense.

An example:

A mate of mine owns a Jaguar XF and the house next door to him has a family of complete skanks in it on the social.

The other week the daughter high on drugs had an argument with the mother completely lost it walked out the house and kicked in almost every panel on the car, broke off the wing mirror etc. on his car.

There were witnesses and the police were called etc she went to court was bang to rights and sentenced to community service and ordered to pay damages on the Jag.............. BECAUSE she cant be arsed to work and is claiming benefit she is to pay him £2 A WEEK.

Bearing in mind the wing mirror un-painted costs over 500 quid at what point is he being compensated for damage to his property when he was not even involved.

SO a self employed hard working plumber, who pays his taxes gets his hobby smashed up through no fault of his own, and a skank who contributes nothing to society practically gets off free. :mad::mad::mad:

chieftain333 16 May 2014 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Marshall-P (Post 11429342)
This is truly shocking best of luck getting everything sorted.

The problem you have is if the person who did it is in the system they are probably protected due to law having no common sense.

An example:

A mate of mine owns a Jaguar XF and the house next door to him has a family of complete skanks in it on the social.

The other week the daughter high on drugs had an argument with the mother completely lost it walked out the house and kicked in almost every panel on the car, broke off the wing mirror etc. on his car.

There were witnesses and the police were called etc she went to court was bang to rights and sentenced to community service and ordered to pay damages on the Jag.............. BECAUSE she cant be arsed to work and is claiming benefit she is to pay him £2 A WEEK.

Bearing in mind the wing mirror un-painted costs over 500 quid at what point is he being compensated for damage to his property when he was not even involved.

SO a self employed hard working plumber, who pays his taxes gets his hobby smashed up through no fault of his own, and a skank who contributes nothing to society practically gets off free. :mad::mad::mad:

This is everything that is wrong with this country...pisses me off

romford-boy 17 May 2014 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by chieftain333 (Post 11429355)
This is everything that is wrong with this country...pisses me off

It's at times like these I honestly believe selective and compulsory euthanasia is required.

Infected by sti 17 May 2014 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Marshall-P (Post 11429342)
This is truly shocking best of luck getting everything sorted. The problem you have is if the person who did it is in the system they are probably protected due to law having no common sense. An example: A mate of mine owns a Jaguar XF and the house next door to him has a family of complete skanks in it on the social. The other week the daughter high on drugs had an argument with the mother completely lost it walked out the house and kicked in almost every panel on the car, broke off the wing mirror etc. on his car. There were witnesses and the police were called etc she went to court was bang to rights and sentenced to community service and ordered to pay damages on the Jag.............. BECAUSE she cant be arsed to work and is claiming benefit she is to pay him £2 A WEEK. Bearing in mind the wing mirror un-painted costs over 500 quid at what point is he being compensated for damage to his property when he was not even involved. SO a self employed hard working plumber, who pays his taxes gets his hobby smashed up through no fault of his own, and a skank who contributes nothing to society practically gets off free. :mad::mad::mad:

Girl or not I don't think i would be able to restrain myself and that's straight up, my head would come off :mad:

Somebody paint stripped my dads XFR 2 years back now, we found out who it was. Apparently he was paid to do it by some guy from another village, albeit he done the wrong car and was suppose to have been 5 doors down, so it wasn't just us he had to deal with. As mentioned pointless taking them through the claims courts, it was settled by ourselves and the neighbours.

We were happy with the outcome :thumb:

mikescooby 17 May 2014 05:13 PM

Maybe someone didnt like your exhaust tone. My mate as aloud 3" exhaust. Starts up in the morning or afternoon for work. Someone didnt like the noise and put paint stripper over it one night