ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tattoo sitting (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1001292-tattoo-sitting.html)

bmw730i 05 April 2014 09:24 PM

Not sure I could manage 7 hours was nodding off after an hour, not to every ones taste but mine was on my neck and is my first borns name

hodgy0_2 05 April 2014 09:33 PM

I can 40 mins, but that's usually on a Sunday morning with papers (the wife insists I open the windows)

pslewis 05 April 2014 09:33 PM

bmw730i - Is this in case you forget your first borns name at some point in the future? You can find a mirror and remember it? You must remember it will be back to front of course! :D

DYK 05 April 2014 10:00 PM

4hr30mins my first one..

Haha,pete nobody is gonna give two craps when we are older,I know I won't.and who's to say I will live to an old age..live for the moment.

bmw730i 05 April 2014 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11397607)
bmw730i - Is this in case you forget your first borns name at some point in the future? You can find a mirror and remember it? You must remember it will be back to front of course! :D

some people get there own name?,It's on the side,you thought I had it across the front like a ambulance sticker lol.

To be honest Im so proud of my baby boy and is my way of expressing it and will take it my grave.

JackClark 05 April 2014 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just his name, that's not very committed.

Attachment 74438

hill79 05 April 2014 10:30 PM

Longest I've sat do date is four and a half hours on one of my inner forearms but I've just put a deposit down for a chest piece that's going to take 12 hours over two sittings. Arms feel nothing in comparison to when the needles hit a nipple, so I'm told...

ditchmyster 05 April 2014 10:49 PM

I always fancied a tattoo in my youth but could never find something I liked enough to want it painting on my body for ever.

At 48 i'm so glad I never got round to it. :thumb:

One thing for sure, there are some proper retards on that link above.

Snooky 05 April 2014 10:51 PM

I have my boys initials one side n dob on otherside of neck! Just incase I forget as you'd put it! Just a proud moment of a scary situation at the time! My tattoos mostly mean something! Like most of above have said live for today! Why worry what a stranger thinks of you as you have visible/ hidden tattoos!
Old age is when you shouldn't care! Sit at home in your y fronts drinking tea! Or what ever you wanna do! A few blury tattoos are stories grandchildren might love to hear about true or not!! Lol

pslewis 05 April 2014 11:11 PM

Live for today .... but have an eye on tomorrow.

Some day you will be sat in an interview desperate to get a new job that pays twice what you are currently on ..... the competition doesn't have a tattoo, he has chosen to be his own man,he has chosen not to follow the sheep, which will get the job?

Certainly, a cleaner at our place has tattoos showing around his neck .... really great bloke, but he's the cleaner - get my point?

So, yes, live for today ...... but don't get a tattoo .... and if you must, hide it (but then, what's the point having it?).

DYK 05 April 2014 11:37 PM

No...

I wouldn't stop doing things or stop living for any job now..i did my time in those jobs that came with certain restrictions.glad I'm out of it,and broke free of it.

fpan 05 April 2014 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11397509)
Little Johnny was really happy with one of these.

http://www.dog-register.co.uk

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Have you heard of something called a dog chip?

I wonder how you would feel if someone took your kid and did the same when he/she was born.

r33gts2009 05 April 2014 11:48 PM

I sat for six hours while both my cousins tattooed my upper an lower arm at the same time , my arm blew up like a balloon an felt like its was on fire , I had my arm in the fridge most of the day . But it was free of charge :thumb
I dont understand how people get their backs tattooed ,if my mrs goes for a spot on my back I shout like a little girl.

JackClark 06 April 2014 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11397720)
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Have you heard of something called a dog chip?

I wonder how you would feel if someone took your kid and did the same when he/she was born.

I think Goats would benefit too.

fatscoobfella1 06 April 2014 09:17 AM

Most tatts are done as talking points...Like having a stoopid hairdo or a piercing.

Its to compensate for the lack of any real personality.

Some are absolutely beautiful and are true works of art..Most are blue splodges of crap depicting partners past and present,kids names and date of birth..

Super trendy and oh so individual..That trendy in fact,every other fake looking tit on the high street has them

CharlySkunkWeed 06 April 2014 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11397696)
Live for today .... but have an eye on tomorrow.

Some day you will be sat in an interview desperate to get a new job that pays twice what you are currently on ..... the competition doesn't have a tattoo, he has chosen to be his own man,he has chosen not to follow the sheep, which will get the job?

Certainly, a cleaner at our place has tattoos showing around his neck .... really great bloke, but he's the cleaner - get my point?

So, yes, live for today ...... but don't get a tattoo .... and if you must, hide it (but then, what's the point having it?).

1 - I'm wondering more about what sort of person the employer is when they choose an employee on appearance rather than ability.

2 - what's wrong with being a cleaner ? I doubt having tattoos have anything to do with his career choice either.

You're quite judgemental aren't you ? I just don't know why some people comment on things just because they don't like them. "Whats the longest tattoo sitting" . . . ."I don't have any and I think you're all idiots to have tattoos"

I took you off my ignore list temporarily after seeing you're comments in quotes.

Matteeboy 06 April 2014 09:37 AM

I know a few people, all struggling financially, who seem happy to splurge hundreds on yet another tattoo.

My brother in law is covered in them too; they don't offend me but I cannot fathom why people will spend good money on them above other, more important things. Lots down here do it to try and look "surfy" - I can't think of a single surf pro with a tattoo!

dpb 06 April 2014 09:40 AM

I think you'd have to have some kind of masochist tendencies, not for me !

CharlySkunkWeed 06 April 2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11397833)
I know a few people, all struggling financially, who seem happy to splurge hundreds on yet another tattoo.

My brother in law is covered in them too; they don't offend me but I cannot fathom why people will spend good money on them above other, more important things. Lots down here do it to try and look "surfy" - I can't think of a single surf pro with a tattoo!

They probably didn't get the job due to having a tattoo :norty:

alanbell 06 April 2014 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 11397838)
They probably didn't get the job due to having a tattoo :norty:

:lol: :D

dpb 06 April 2014 10:09 AM

How much would a 9 hr sitting cost you

Willowsdad 06 April 2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11397859)
How much would a 9 hr sitting cost you

Depends on the artist. I paid £70ph, others charge up to £100 maybe more!

dpb 06 April 2014 12:19 PM

Good grief

angel1368 06 April 2014 12:21 PM

i would hate to live my life wondering what other people in particular strangers thought of me

Willowsdad 06 April 2014 12:32 PM

Life's too short to worry what other people think. I treat others how I would to be treated and hope they do likewise. To look at me you wouldn't think I had a tattoo, but I like to be able to cover it up or uncover it depending on the situation. Sometimes I think that people with tattoos think that I'm staring at them being negative when in reality I'm actually checking out their ink.

angel1368 06 April 2014 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Willowsdad (Post 11397958)
Life's too short to worry what other people think. I treat others how I would to be treated and hope they do likewise. To look at me you wouldn't think I had a tattoo, but I like to be able to cover it up or uncover it depending on the situation. Sometimes I think that people with tattoos think that I'm staring at them being negative when in reality I'm actually checking out their ink.

i get that alot people with tats staring at me and i know there checking out the ink as i do the same, having said that i do have full neck and throat, head and face tat lol

domino46 07 April 2014 07:46 AM

Iv done a full day in the chair ,, I think its always best to get as much done as you can as some places hurt like hell so I just want it finished ASAP

daveyj 07 April 2014 08:22 AM

About 5hrs. I keep saying I'll partially sleeve the right arm but that's been rumbling on for 11 years now.

stipete75 07 April 2014 08:41 AM

Had a 5hr sitting on my side and up the ribs.
Did it hurt?? You bet it did lol

trails 07 April 2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Willowsdad (Post 11397938)
Depends on the artist. I paid £70ph, others charge up to £100 maybe more!

One of my friends is £120 an hour and another £130...

Longest was six hours on the back of my leg, laying on my front I actually fell asleep...quite common apparently.