ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   why are our cars so bad on gas? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1030539-why-are-our-cars-so-bad-on-gas.html)

TonyBurns 14 November 2015 08:33 PM

I do have to say that I dont miss the fuel consumption of my Spec C v my RCZR, considering the performance difference (like very little to none) I can happily drive and get 40+ mpg in the Peugeot, I use to get 25 mpg in the Spec C, the major difference is that I dont have to worry about finding a petrol station after the first 100 miles in the RCZ R where as in the Spec C I had to have it planned on the route :(

mickywrx 14 November 2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11752507)
Managed to used half a tank in 45 miles :D

Not trying hard enough. :D

RS_Matt 14 November 2015 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751469)
I've owned all 3 cars that you have mentioned in this thread, a Newage WRX, a Newage STI and an EVO 5....I can categorically state, a Newage WRX with 260bhp would get absolutely annihilated by a 380bhp EVO...Fact!

They are not even in the same league! Matt, you really are a fool.

I've owned an Evo, WRX killed it big time with 40bhp less. Evo felt much faster though, just like STI owners claim on here who have owned both WRX and STI.

Like I say I'd like to know the transmission losses of the WRX, STI and EVO's. That'd be better than those with WRX-denial perpetually shouting the STI is faster because it has a stronger gearbox and bigger brakes.

mickywrx 14 November 2015 09:26 PM

Matt, seriously, give it up. It's tired and annoying now.

FWIW, your WRX is slower than mine. :thumb:

RS_Matt 14 November 2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11760687)
Matt, seriously, give it up. It's tired and annoying now.

FWIW, your WRX is slower than mine. :thumb:

I bet it's not ;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...58cf07b63d.jpg

The Pink Ninja 14 November 2015 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11760696)

Nice STi badge :P

neil-h 15 November 2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11760633)
Many good marques have died or been ruined by market forces where owners have complained about poor fuel consumption on a performance car. These type of people should be slapped the on the back of the head and shouted in their ear "fast cars use lots of fuel, what did you f**kin' expect!"

You've got to remember it's all relative. It's entirely possible to make a performance car that isn't that bad on fuel (by performance car standards). Look at the likes of the McLaren MP4-12C, the mpg you'll get from one of them isn't much worse than a stock Impreza.

south_scoob 15 November 2015 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11760269)
Strange analogy being the ISF is twice as much to buy and a totally different style of car...Anyone buying an Impreza and then questioning fuel consumption bought the wrong car, I hear VW get 80mpg out of a diesel

Totaly mising the point. We all love our cars thats obvious but im saying even though they have strong ish performance theres cars new and old that would annihilate all but the most modded scooby and return simialr mpg figuars

I do think though for around the 3 grand mark a newage wrx is probley the best blend of practicality speed and looks your going to get.

But a uk sti at 6 grand? Theres alot of cars for that money that would do the daily driver thing much better

The Pink Ninja 16 November 2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by south_scoob (Post 11761145)
Totaly mising the point. We all love our cars thats obvious but im saying even though they have strong ish performance theres cars new and old that would annihilate all but the most modded scooby and return simialr mpg figuars

I do think though for around the 3 grand mark a newage wrx is probley the best blend of practicality speed and looks your going to get.

But a uk sti at 6 grand? Theres alot of cars for that money that would do the daily driver thing much better

No point missed really...if you're concerned about fuel consumption buy a different car it really is that simple.

BoozyDave 16 November 2015 09:54 PM

erm, no it's not :cuckoo:

south_scoob I understand what you are saying :thumb:

RS_Matt 22 December 2015 04:48 PM

Hmm, popular You Tube blogger tests the 2016 STI at 25mpg and the 2015 WRX at 35mpg

I guess he's another liar with "STI envy." :Whatever_

JGlanzaV 22 December 2015 04:58 PM

Still nothing useful to contribute then matt?

Will you be doing totb16 to prove your wild claims?

ALi-B 22 December 2015 06:00 PM

I agree:

Its either a ban for being annoying and bold claims that nobody care about or a thread lock.

Seeing its Christmas; I'll go with the latter :)