ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   tunnel runners past present and future general chat.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/924444-tunnel-runners-past-present-and-future-general-chat.html)

Scooby Jo 19 January 2013 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by nizcon (Post 10951422)
You're a better driver than me then Jo, I was ****ting myself on the way home from work yesterday in those conditions.
A work mate stuffed his family bus into the central reservation going past the Jaguar factory in Speke and he was about 5 minutes behind me.
Bloody weather!

I think it's the car, it's great in these conditions :thumb: We had to pull all our vans off the road yesterday after 5 crashes within an hour of it starting to snow :(

oldman-wrx 19 January 2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10952300)
I think it's the car, it's great in these conditions :thumb: We had to pull all our vans off the road yesterday after 5 crashes within an hour of it starting to snow :(

what tyres you got on Jo? the RE070 I got on might as well be slicks in the snow LOL.

just cant afford a nice set of winter tyres :brickwall

Scooby Jo 19 January 2013 11:52 PM

Goodyear Eagle F1's :thumb: they got a bad press by Evo Magazine on a 600+bhp Mustang GT but on my little Scooby they work wonders :thumb:

It used to always drift in the wet round small roundabouts, which was ok when I'm on my own but not ideal with passengers :D

oldman-wrx 20 January 2013 12:11 AM

will bare that in mind need to replace the RE070 soon ;)

P1 LTD 20 January 2013 09:27 PM

Went to the CADS meet with oldman today was a nice little drive storminnorman was there to had a good chat :thumb:

P1 LTD 20 January 2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx (Post 10952354)
will bare that in mind need to replace the RE070 soon ;)

There nice tires steve but wrong weather at the moment :D

oldman-wrx 20 January 2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by P1 LTD (Post 10953509)
There nice tires steve but wrong weather at the moment :D

definitly a summer tyre :norty::D

P1 LTD 20 January 2013 10:07 PM

Shame you cant try different tires before you buy them. But the tires you mentioned Goodyear F1 are a good tires. Think Jo will agree :D

Scooby Jo 21 January 2013 01:04 PM

I do, great so far and have been on the car for a while now :thumb: Although I did take advantage of an empty Asda car park this morning and the tyres slid nicely :D

Scooby Jo 25 January 2013 11:19 PM

Just spent the last hour ferrying people around Wallasey, my girls picked a great night to go to the pics with all their mates! Car was great, handled amazing in really thick snow, not driven in snow bad before :thumb:

oldman-wrx 26 January 2013 01:10 AM

same here Jo taxi service lol. though as said drove a bit gingerly on the RE070 got around ok, more bothered about the other cars that were slipping and sliding

oldman-wrx 07 February 2013 07:55 PM

CADS meet just the usual monthly invite for the Tunnel runners to come to the CADS meet if you are interested little 30 min run and chat, they do nice food if you want.

So just a heads up The next CADS Monthly Meet will be held on Sunday the 17th February 2013 at Vale Royal Abbey Arms. CW8 2HB

Meet at mine at 11.00 Bebington

if you going let me know :)

Scooby Jo 08 February 2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx (Post 10979889)
CADS meet just the usual monthly invite for the Tunnel runners to come to the CADS meet if you are interested little 30 min run and chat, they do nice food if you want.

So just a heads up The next CADS Monthly Meet will be held on Sunday the 17th February 2013 at Vale Royal Abbey Arms. CW8 2HB

Meet at mine at 11.00 Bebington

if you going let me know :)

I will join you when the weather warms up Steve:thumb: it sounds like a great meet :) me and the cold just don't get on very well anymore, hence not doing the tunnel runs either :(

oldman-wrx 08 February 2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10981091)
I will join you when the weather warms up Steve:thumb: it sounds like a great meet :) me and the cold just don't get on very well anymore, hence not doing the tunnel runs either :(

Nice one . will pm you in the spring LOL :thumb: Gilly and Steve have been comming and Norman goes direct

Midnight Runner 11 February 2013 09:23 AM

Past tunnel runner here, hopefully go on another soon as I am back in a scooby :D Never get too to many due to work commitments but I will defo be back again now I got some new wheels :thumb:

oldman-wrx 11 February 2013 07:51 PM

good to have you back we are all just a bit older and deafer (tunnel running does that) think there are still a good few you will remember.

tunnel runners also on https://www.facebook.com/groups/123115411133697/

Midnight Runner 12 February 2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx (Post 10985736)
good to have you back we are all just a bit older and deafer (tunnel running does that) think there are still a good few you will remember.

tunnel runners also on https://www.facebook.com/groups/123115411133697/

heh heh cool, I got a few jobs to sort first (cambelt! bin the induction kit! remap!) definitly up for it though :thumb: (I have hit the facebook too)

Scooby Jo 14 February 2013 10:29 PM

Hi all, are there any taxi driver tunnel runners working this Saturday evening? Me and hubby going to Rocky Horror at the Empire in full costume, really don't fancy getting the train :eek:

stucooper 18 February 2013 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10990680)
Hi all, are there any taxi driver tunnel runners working this Saturday evening? Me and hubby going to Rocky Horror at the Empire in full costume, really don't fancy getting the train :eek:

Sorry Jo only just spotted this i wud have taken you to sorry

Scooby Jo 18 February 2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by stucooper (Post 10994822)
Sorry Jo only just spotted this i wud have taken you to sorry

No worries Stu, we got the train much to the amusement of other passengers :lol1:

oldman-wrx 15 March 2013 09:09 PM

usual CADS invite to Tunnel Runners

heads up for for the march meet. The next CADS Monthly Meet will be held on Sunday the 24th March 2013 at Vale Royal Abbey Arms Chester Road Oakmere Northwich Cheshire CW8 2HB

http://www.vale-royal-abbey-arms-nor...uk/find-us.php

let me know if you going

Steve:)

BLU 18 March 2013 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Runner (Post 10984805)
Past tunnel runner here, hopefully go on another soon as I am back in a scooby :D Never get too to many due to work commitments but I will defo be back again now I got some new wheels :thumb:

I said you'd soon be back in a Scooby......;) Did the Vectra not quite cut it?

Scooby Jo 29 March 2013 03:05 PM

Very pleased with my car since having major service with Dave @ Scooby Tech :thumb:

Just need some new tyres and brake pads now, they don't last long do they :D

Scooby Jo 01 April 2013 09:00 PM

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/joannefrancom

I'm not putting anyone under any pressure to sponsor me, if you want to, that's great or come and cheer me on in July, I will need it :)

Scooby Jo 13 April 2013 09:14 AM

Urgent help please

Front passenger side brake calliper 2005 WRX, does anyone have one, car is now off the road and I don't have another!

Thanks

Scooby Jo 21 April 2013 10:20 PM

Car fixed.....again, thanks to Dave at Scooby Tech, I am the proud owner of a brand new brake calliper and a nice set of Mintex pads :thumb:

Costing me that much to keep the bugga on the road I won't be able to afford fuel if it carries on :(

stucooper 22 April 2013 06:26 PM

Nice one Jo and yeah not the cheapest car to run but just remember its smiles to the gallon not miles

nizcon 27 April 2013 05:22 PM

Mine's developed a bit of a noise on start-up that disappears straight away. God only knows what that is. I must give Dave a ring before it develops into something expensive.

nizcon 27 April 2013 05:28 PM

What fuel are you good people using?
I've been on Tesco Momentum 99 which Simon (JGM) mapped it on.

Today I had no choice but to use Shell V-Power and the car seems more responsive.
It's probably all in my mind but have any of you experienced this before?

oldman-wrx 27 April 2013 06:42 PM

Use V-Power myself though its the new V-Power Nitro now, some of the guys recon their car runs smother on the Nitro though no power gains so far.

Have heard some say V-Power better than Momentum and vice versa could all be in the mind Lol