ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   2014-2015 Manchester United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1006994-2014-2015-manchester-united-thread.html)

ilogikal1 03 May 2015 05:04 PM

The last 9 games; 6 of them Rooney starts up front as a striker, United win all 6. 3 of them he doesn't, United lose all 3. It doesn't help on days like yesterday when literally half the team was playing out of position of course, and similar stats for when Carrick is playing speak for themselves toward his importance too.

Yesterday's game was largely determined by West Brom's determined defence. I'm not saying they would have won had Rooney played as the striker, but really the only thing missing from United's attacks was the finish, they were creating chances - and Falcao coming on a substitute simply isn't a good way to get goals for United this season!

Di Maria was very poor, made all the more frustrating because he replaced Young who had created most of the chances again.

P1Fanatic 04 May 2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by ilogikal1 (Post 11674826)
The last 9 games; 6 of them Rooney starts up front as a striker, United win all 6. 3 of them he doesn't, United lose all 3. It doesn't help on days like yesterday when literally half the team was playing out of position of course, and similar stats for when Carrick is playing speak for themselves toward his importance too.

Yesterday's game was largely determined by West Brom's determined defence. I'm not saying they would have won had Rooney played as the striker, but really the only thing missing from United's attacks was the finish, they were creating chances - and Falcao coming on a substitute simply isn't a good way to get goals for United this season!

Di Maria was very poor, made all the more frustrating because he replaced Young who had created most of the chances again.

I thought RvP played ok for his first game back - had a few efforts (albeit tame) on target and was always looking to go forward. Also does well at holding the ball up. Falcao should not be coming on - push Rooney up front.

Di Maria came on for Blind - I remember as Di Maria made several really poor passes to Young who was still on the pitch.

jaygsi 04 May 2015 05:48 PM

I would have had Rooney up front, with mata central midfeild, and young and Di Marria on wings, is both Young and Di maria left footed?

If so then as hes now using Valenca as a RB, then he needs a new fast pace RW player, i'm guessing if De gea goes then he will be part of the deal.

And as for fellaini and falcao get them gone

ilogikal1 04 May 2015 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 11675414)
I thought RvP played ok for his first game back - had a few efforts (albeit tame) on target and was always looking to go forward. Also does well at holding the ball up. Falcao should not be coming on - push Rooney up front.

Di Maria came on for Blind - I remember as Di Maria made several really poor passes to Young who was still on the pitch.

Young wasn't even substituted off, was he? :lol1: What I meant was that Di Maria replaced Young in terms of position on the pitch - Young dropped back behind Di Maria, IIRC. :thumb:

RvP was okay, to be fair his lack of a goal was came from Myhill's performance as much as his own, but otherwise he had a good game.

jaygsi 04 May 2015 06:01 PM

I agree VAN P did well for first game back, but still think that should be Rooney's position, Van P should be 2nd choice, or half time sub. Then drop Rooney in central midfeild.

Good news and surprizing at the sametime

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...el-Falcao.html

P1Fanatic 05 May 2015 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ilogikal1 (Post 11675429)
Young wasn't even substituted off, was he? :lol1: What I meant was that Di Maria replaced Young in terms of position on the pitch - Young dropped back behind Di Maria, IIRC. :thumb:

RvP was okay, to be fair his lack of a goal was came from Myhill's performance as much as his own, but otherwise he had a good game.

Ah ha get you now. I was like I am pretty sure Young didnt get subbed :)

P1Fanatic 07 May 2015 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11670266)
Manchester United transfer news: Memphis Depay arrives in England to seal Man U move

Not sure how reliable it is as off Metro website

Looks like its done:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32625152

Funkii Munkii 07 May 2015 01:24 PM

Just read the same, a very highly rated young man

A good signing imho

jaygsi 08 May 2015 08:02 AM

Looks good, tipical he got another dutch on the team :lol1:

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 11677304)

urban 08 May 2015 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11677324)
Just read the same, a very highly rated young man

A good signing imho

We still need midfield strength, and a good defender wouldn't go a miss.

Funkii Munkii 08 May 2015 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11678147)
We still need midfield strength, and a good defender wouldn't go a miss.

Hummels and Gundogan ?

Possibly :)

Reading between the lines they're getting in early and all signings will be done before the US Tour which starts on July 17/18.

So lets see what happens, if the do intend going for Bale that will drag on all summer then not happen lol

jaygsi 09 May 2015 08:39 AM

The Daily mirrior thinks this might be the new line up

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1027462403.jpg

urban 09 May 2015 10:24 AM

You'd take that

jaygsi 10 May 2015 03:07 PM

Well it wasn't best performance but still 3 points.

Why Wilson wasn't bought on i don't know, Falcao can't score, i've heard Cheslea are after him.

Funkii Munkii 15 May 2015 09:31 PM

De Gea agree's terms with Madrid ???

:cry:

jaygsi 16 May 2015 10:31 AM

I'm sure he's going, although i've heard 2 reports saying hes not, but that could be a bargaining tool for madrid, who knows, but he's been spotted flying over to Madrid, so i guess he's going.

Oh well, come on enext season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ky-sports-news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...al-Madrid.html

urban 17 May 2015 05:00 PM

I reckon we'll keep him for one more season.

jaygsi 18 May 2015 11:56 AM

I really don't think so he's gone.

jaygsi 28 May 2015 11:50 AM

I've heard Falcao has gone yipee

daveyj 28 May 2015 02:48 PM

Would be a shame to lose Lloris to you guys but I think he's better than the current crop at Totteringham. He's consistent every year and will do very well at United. We always end up doing business with you and I'm sure Levy will fancy a profit on someone in August! He's served us well and deserves some silverware. It ain't happening with us next year. Might get a decent cup run but we're short in the league/Europe every year bar the odd miracle....

jaygsi 29 May 2015 02:17 PM

You where doing so well, then lost it near end of season weird. Man u always do it the other way around, start off poor finish on a high.

Funkii Munkii 29 May 2015 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11689277)
You where doing so well, then lost it near end of season weird. Man u always do it the other way around, start off poor finish on a high.

And United won 1 of their last 6 league games ;)

Aaron1978 30 May 2015 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11689427)
And United won 1 of their last 6 league games ;)

:lol1:

I'd rather have Cech or Begovic Than Lloris.

I've a feeling De Gea might stay;), in fact, I'd let his contract run out before he was sold. He's worth more to us for another season than what we'd get. I think if we get the defence sorted it won't be as much of a. Problem sorting a new keeper.

Funkii Munkii 03 June 2015 11:54 AM

If I see the words "United Target" attributed to yet another player on the back pages I will scream, coming in a close second is "Done Deal" namely Gaitan and Gundogan last week

We'll have a squad of 92 players at this rate :rolleyes:

rb5 stu 03 June 2015 07:04 PM

gundogan is a done deal. it will be announced soon.

urban 04 June 2015 09:38 AM

Well, its good to see mid-fielders on the horizon

Funkii Munkii 04 June 2015 02:02 PM

Lets be fair we also need to see a centre half a right back and two strikers on that horizon as well.

Shame Real knocked back the alledged £110m bid for Varane and Bale.

The Sun seem to think United lodged a £25m bid for Sterling, can we stop f**king about trying to wind Lfc up and get on with the real job in hand ? Woodward worries me...

jaygsi 10 June 2015 11:48 AM

Looks like man u could end up with Cavani or Benzema as a new striker.

Also looks like De marria might be staying and could be a move on the cards for Sterling. But as the paper points out no player has moved between the two clubs since 1964. So not sure if he will or not.

Funkii Munkii 10 June 2015 06:01 PM

Sterling wont happen full stop and I wouldn't pay more than £25m for him anyway.

The Benzema and Cavani stories have been ongoing as has the Bale story.

In all honesty I dont think any of the papers have a clue, they're just grasping at straws.

jaygsi 11 June 2015 12:21 AM

2014-2015 Manchester United Thread

Well I think Van p needs to go. And they need another striker to either play with Rooney or a sub.

Only time will tell. How long left for transfers?