ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   WYIOC - Fenay Bridge Meet - Thursday 25th (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/307264-wyioc-fenay-bridge-meet-thursday-25th.html)

Alan C 30 March 2004 08:37 AM

You're as bad as HB! :D

I'll get one drafted today to the effect that this months meet is on at the track.

We're due to finish at 10 with a 15-20 minute presentation. So we could find a local drinking establishment to finish the night off as I doubt we'd get back to 'The Bridge' in time for a decent pint and chat..?

Harry_Boy 30 March 2004 02:04 PM

Hi Al - yup, I reckon it has to be a 'local' haunt near Selby for this next one. Not enough time to get back to FB.

Now that Dave's got a Scoob, he thinks time stands still.... :D:D:D

corradoboy 30 March 2004 02:09 PM

Yeah, I've just got back from going to Ilkley tomorrow ;)

Alan C 30 March 2004 02:11 PM

Anyone got any suggestions for a pub nearby?

BTW. The Barmans request for information has been resolved. Nuff said. :)

J4CK50N 30 March 2004 02:15 PM

Somewhere near is probably the best bet after karting!! It is very easy to still think that you are Michael Shumacher when jumping back into the car and points dont mean prizes in this game!!

Some pub is going to get a big shock though when god knows how many scoobs come rumbling into the car park late in the day! :D :D

Cheers

J4CK50N :cool:

projucer 30 March 2004 02:21 PM

interesting - from subarus to karting! so no curry theme i take it - won't be unfortunately joining you at the karting BUT depending on time - could possibly see you at... when you've decided!

Sticky Stuff 30 March 2004 09:51 PM

There's a nice little country style pubelick house about a mile and a half down the road from the karting joint (towards Snaith and Camblesforth) The trip from there back to the M62 is an 'Interesting' twisty little number ;)

Don't know what it's called, but is dead easy to find, and chances are we'll be in convoy anyhow.

Can I be in front for one, boss? (Seeing as I'll be last at the karting :()

Harry_Boy 30 March 2004 09:56 PM

Projucer Mate. Don't despair on the curries. Kath (wife) and I are addicts, and we often drag Yorkshire Simon along for a vindaloo (OK, korma - but who's comparing? :D)

We'll get something organised when some more of us are free. Dave (Corradoboy) would be up for one, but he has a strange job :p and works very odd hours.... :D

Cheers, HB.

PS. Sticky - I'm a bit worried about your spelling mate.... Just what is a pube lick??? ;)

Maddy 30 March 2004 10:16 PM

Al, Sorry mate bit belated, I've been working hard to pay for those wheels :D but if there's still spaces available for Karting, then add me in mate :)

Maddy :)

corradoboy 31 March 2004 04:59 AM

I don't have a strange job. Watch DVD's, sleep, surf Snet, play chess and occaisionally move a mouse around. All for the biggest pay cheque of my career, and the least effort. Just think of it as the opposite of everyone else. You (well, some Chris ;) ) work mon am to fri pm, I work fri pm to mon am. In doing so I go to work 100 days less than most :D Imagine how you'd feel if your boss gave you an extra 100 days holiday a year :eek:

If a pube lick is what I think it is, let's leave the women at home, drop the karting and spend the night there. Bring your credit cards ;)

J4CKSON, It's not so much Schumacher syndrome as "why does my steering feel so light, and why did my passenger just leave through the windscreen when I braked" after 3 hours in (on) a kart. :D

Harry_Boy 31 March 2004 07:40 AM

Eartly start for a non working day, Dave! :p

That's one well cushy job, BTW!

PS. I'm not allowed a credit card since Kath melted my last set at Ikea..... :D:D:D

corradoboy 31 March 2004 07:59 AM

Couldn't sleep Chris :( I guess I don't use enough energy during the week :D Mind you, I spent 9 hours polishing the car yesterday :eek: so I should be knackered. My uncle works at Ikea, I'll ask him if he knows Kath :D LOL.

Harry_Boy 31 March 2004 08:04 AM

9 hours Dave??? Argh!! I'll pay for your fuel to come across and valet ours - should keep you out of mischief for the whole day.... :p

Your Uncle's probably helped Kath beat up my credit cards at some stage..... :D

corradoboy 31 March 2004 08:21 AM

I'm thinking of doing valets as a side line. Just don't think I could spare the time, what with the Scoob and the Corrado to do. I've still got to Simoniz in the shuts, and then I'm off to Halfrauds for some of that CD2 engine bay cleaner :D

When Kaths next at Ikea (today/tomorrow ? ;) ), the older guy who clears away the trolleys and helps people load up outside is my uncle. He's called Steve, say hi, he doesn't bite, much.

Harry_Boy 31 March 2004 09:26 AM

CB - she'll have met him, no doubt. Probably had lunch together. Mmmm, smoked herring.... :cool: