ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   9/12 Apple Day (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/949133-9-12-apple-day.html)

TonyBurns 13 September 2012 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10787950)
What an idiot. They use plastic because it's cheap, easy and thin. How on earth you can claim that the iPhone 5 is 2 year behind the competition is unfathomable, you truly are a victim of propaganda and marketing.

You really know fcuk all Jack (or Jack sh1t for short :lol1: ) you are the victim of Apple's propaganda, you fall for it all the time, even now you think they have produced the best handset on the market, which shows you how naive you are, you are a total apple fanboi, do you have an apple tattoo on your forehead? :lol1:
You need to grow up Jack, when you see that you are being fed sh1t by a company you will never, ever say a bad word against, the word sucker comes to mind, and if you think the iphone 5 is good, go buy one, the rest of us will sit here and laugh at you for doing so ;):lol1:

Tony:D

davyboy 13 September 2012 01:17 PM

I have to admire Jack for keeping you guys wound up thread after thread.

jonc 13 September 2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 10787935)
I did look into these a while back (Femcell or similar) but 02 do not do them. Vodafone is the only company that does

This one does both O2 and Vodafone (in case you switch):
http://www.mobilesignal.co.uk/produc...Boost-GSM-900/

TonyBurns 13 September 2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10787963)

The funny thing is, is that he actually believes what apple tell him, he isnt actually winding anyone up on purpose, hes just such a sucker for the sh1t that he's fed by a large corporation :lol1:

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10787963)

It's too easy and fun.

SwissTony 13 September 2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10787964)
This one does both O2 and Vodafone (in case you switch):
http://www.mobilesignal.co.uk/produc...Boost-GSM-900/

Brilliant, couldnt find these at all a few months ago. Now that will solve the ****ty 02 signal :thumb::thumb:

TonyBurns 13 September 2012 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 10787972)
Brilliant, couldnt find these at all a few months ago. Now that will solve the ****ty 02 signal :thumb::thumb:

O2 actually do one but its not freely available to everyone, just business customers i think.

jonc 13 September 2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 10787642)
Adapters wil be offered by Apple

Turns out that the Lightening adapters does not guarantee that the iPhone 5 will work with your old docks. iPhone 5 is becoming a very expensive proposition. "It just works..." er...no it doesn't!

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-wo...pter-13247441/

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10787965)
The funny thing is, is that he actually believes what apple tell him, he isnt actually winding anyone up on purpose, hes just such a sucker for the sh1t that he's fed by a large corporation :lol1:

That's true. I do believe what Apple has told me, what's not to believe? The iPhone 5 is twice as fast as the iPhone 4s which was twice as fast as the iPhone 4. It is a beautifully constructed device, not some cheap piece of plastic. It is the best iPhone ever. My iPhone 4s is still an incredibly capable device which due to running iOS easily outclasses any Android phone. You can up your numbers all you like Samsung, but you've still got a ****ty cheap engine under the hood.

I can't wait for iOS 6.

Here's some Sammung fuel for you.

Attachment 74769

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10787977)
Turns out that the Lightening adapters does not guarantee that the iPhone 5 will work with your old docks. iPhone 5 is becoming a very expensive proposition. "It just works..." er...no it doesn't!

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-wo...pter-13247441/

I don't see a problem. Do you use any devices that won't work? I certainly don't and I'd consider myself a power user.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 01:33 PM

o here some comments form the press,

'We ran an immediate poll to gauge people’s instant reactions to the new phone and as with most Apple launches there seems to be a fair bit of positive excitement. The fact that 44pc of existing iPhone users already want to upgrade without needing to think about it shows the loyalty to the brand. However, none of the new features seemed to instantly grab people with 39pc saying none of them really appealed.'

so 44% of apple customers are sheep, 39% think that it is a pointless upgrade, 17% can take it or leave it.

Gear Head 13 September 2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10787982)
I don't see a problem. Do you use any devices that won't work? I certainly don't and I'd consider myself a power user.

Is that your genuine belief or just another post to try and wind people up?

TonyBurns 13 September 2012 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10787978)
That's true. I do believe what Apple has told me, what's not to believe? The iPhone 5 is twice as fast as the iPhone 4s which was twice as fast as the iPhone 4. It is a beautifully constructed device, not some cheap piece of plastic. It is the best iPhone ever. My iPhone 4s is still an incredibly capable device which due to running iOS easily outclasses any Android phone. You can up your numbers all you like Samsung, but you've still got a ****ty cheap engine under the hood.

I can't wait for iOS 6.

Here's some Sammung fuel for you.

https://i.imgur.com/tDwSF.png

SUCKER! :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
You fall for it hook line and sinker Jack :lol1: you know that the S3 is actually more advanced under its cover than that iphone 4 or even the new 5 dont you? If you dont think so, go check the spec's out ;)

Oh, just to p155 Apple off for having the lightest/thinnest smartphone out there, seems they are 9 months too late :lol1:
More drivel from Apple and you fall for it :lol1:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/p...120105-01.html

Carlh 13 September 2012 01:38 PM

Its such a shame Apple have now given Microsoft and Samsung headstarts (again) on the smartphones.

The Iphone is now 2 years out of date. The next model, will probably come in 2 years time.

Meanwhile, Microsoft and Android will be pushing out new technology (not rehashing the old stuff like CRapple does).

Doesnt matter how much money you throw at CRapple, they've had their day.

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10787985)
Is that your genuine belief or just another post to try and wind people up?

It's real. None of my docks will stop functioning, it's only low quality ones that will suffer.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788002)
It's real. None of my docks will stop functioning, it's only low quality ones that will suffer.

so all your docks have the new shape connectors?

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10788005)
so all your docks have the new shape connectors?

Obviously not.

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:56 PM

How does the off the shelf processor in the Samsung phone compare to the custom A6 chip in the iPhone? And how exactly are you comparing it? The answer is you can't, it's like comparing an Apple with an Orange. You should stick to comparing HTC phones with Samsung, that's good sense. Maybe next year when your phone gets the latest operating system it might be able to perform basic functions like not crashing and being smooth in operation, everyone knows the old version of Android you're running is a bit ****.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788006)
Obviously not.

so you saying

'It's real. None of my docks will stop functioning, it's only low quality ones that will suffer.'

is actulay wrong, they all will stop functioning without an adaptor you have to pay extra for.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788012)
How does the off the shelf processor in the Samsung phone compare to the custom A6 chip in the iPhone? And how exactly are you comparing it? The answer is you can't, it's like comparing an Apple with an Orange. You should stick to comparing HTC phones with Samsung, that's good sense. Maybe next year when your phone gets the latest operating system it might be able to perform basic functions like not crashing and being smooth in operation, everyone knows the old version of Android you're running is a bit ****.

So you saying that because intel chips are bought off the shelf then they arn't the best on the market at the min for home PC's?

A chip made by a chip specilaist will normaly be better than a chip made by a jack of all trades like apple. Thats why its called expertise.

JackClark 13 September 2012 01:59 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...73331846_n.jpg

JackClark 13 September 2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10788016)
So you saying that because intel chips are bought off the shelf then they arn't the best on the market at the min for home PC's?

A chip made by a chip specilaist will normaly be better than a chip made by a jack of all trades like apple. Thats why its called expertise.

Weak.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788019)
Weak.

yes your arguments are, lol

the industry as a whole says the chip in the iphone 5 is slower and less capable than the iphone5's chip, so why are you arguing?

JackClark 13 September 2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10788022)
yes your arguments are, lol

the industry as a whole says the chip in the iphone 5 is slower and less capable than the iphone5's chip, so why are you arguing?

I'm not arguing with you, reading the above it's hard to argue with the illiterate on a text based web site.

JackClark 13 September 2012 02:06 PM

10 pages, 3000 views, Scoobynet's most popular thead is about Apple. Good work Apple haters, you've done well.

Tidgy 13 September 2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788025)
I'm not arguing with you, reading the above it's hard to argue with the illiterate on a text based web site.

lmao, sulking in a corner now are we hahaha

so looks like even the fanboy can;t argue the case for the iphone 5, so question is now, how long till apple goes under since it can;t come up with a decent idea now jobs has gone?

Wurzel 13 September 2012 02:11 PM

Oooooops! It has not even been 24hrs yet and .......

http://news.sky.com/story/984696/iph...ver-25-adaptor

JackClark 13 September 2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10788031)
lmao, sulking in a corner now are we hahaha

so looks like even the fanboy can;t argue the case for the iphone 5, so question is now, how long till apple goes under since it can;t come up with a decent idea now jobs has gone?

Oh dear gosh. Can you not read? I know you struggle with writing.

How long till Apple goes under! LOL.

JackClark 13 September 2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10788034)
Oooooops! It has not even been 24hrs yet and .......

http://news.sky.com/story/984696/iph...ver-25-adaptor

Does it really surprise you that the gutter press are picking up on negatives? I welcome the change, Apple did us proud keeping the old dock connector going for so many years, but times change and there's no denying the new connector is an upgrade. This will be the item that everyone who doesn't own the device and never intends on buying the device moans about.

Wurzel 13 September 2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10788039)
Does it really surprise you that the gutter press are picking up on negatives? I welcome the change, Apple did us proud keeping the old dock connector going for so many years, but times change and there's no denying the new connector is an upgrade. This will be the item that everyone who doesn't own the device and never intends on buying the device moans about.

OMG!!!! I must be ill! Because for once I agree with you.