ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Man United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782460-the-2009-2010-man-united-thread.html)

FlightMan 31 January 2010 06:54 PM

Who else spotted the Die Die Glazer banners?

Happy campers eh?

Aaron1978 31 January 2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9193989)

Happy campers eh?

well happy:lol1:

pete higham 31 January 2010 07:52 PM

Happy campers eh?

Love United Hate Glazer

As happy as Liverpool fans :thumb:

Aaron1978 31 January 2010 08:18 PM

[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...478/united.jpg[/IMG]

Funkii Munkii 31 January 2010 08:50 PM

Great performance by United, probably their best in the league this season.

One of the Arsenal fans over here asked me what the score was yesterday morning, I had to remind him thie game was on this morning but the result was 3-1 to United, he took the piss a bit but not as much as I will when I see him this morning :D

Wish I'd backed up my prediction with cash :(

urban 31 January 2010 08:55 PM

Fantastic performance today
Nani performed well again

Berbatov - we should try and find some wide eyed club to buy him
Did anyone else here boo's when he came on :(

Hopefully next week Arsenal do Chelsea over :D

urban 31 January 2010 08:56 PM

Happy campers eh?

Sad state of affairs really

Funkii Munkii 31 January 2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9194433)
Hopefully next week Arsenal do Chelsea over :D

Cant see it happening but I'd be happy with a draw, you never know by then it will have come out that Terry is actually banging about 6 of his team mates wives mothers and sisters and they'll be all over the shop :lol1:

Will 31 January 2010 09:24 PM

What's Man City and Paul McCartney got in common. . . . . They both get excited over 1 leg.!!!!

urban 31 January 2010 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 9194558)
What's Man City and Paul McCartney got in common. . . . . They both get excited over 1 leg.!!!!

:D

Gav 01 February 2010 09:31 AM

:lol:

Aaron1978 01 February 2010 08:44 PM

I see Wayne Bridge is refusing to play for England whilst John Terry remains captain. Let's hope JT shags Emile Heskeys missus before the world cup hey?

NAF 01 February 2010 10:31 PM

Is he really ?

urban 02 February 2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9196728)
I see Wayne Bridge is refusing to play for England whilst John Terry remains captain. Let's hope JT shags Emile Heskeys missus before the world cup hey?

Your in the wrong thread!

Aaron1978 02 February 2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9197649)
Your in the wrong thread!

No i'm not.

TonyBurns 06 February 2010 05:03 PM

Ahhhh, back in our rightful place ;):D

Tony:D

STi wanna Subaru 11 February 2010 10:31 AM

Daft tackle from Nani last night but I think the tackle would often get a yellow more so than a red. The ref was right on the spot however and the two things which i think went against Nani were his ending position after the tackle which was with both feet out in front of him studs up. This made it look worse than it was as the moment he took the ball he leads with one foot. The other factor was Petrov making more of it than there was IMO.

Still I'll see it as a point gained due to the Chelsea result. Plenty of twists and turns yet.

Funkii Munkii 11 February 2010 09:01 PM

I see Giggsy is out for a month :(.

The challenge from Sidwell was a joke, he connects with his knee on Giggs arm and the ball was on the deck all along :cuckoo:.

And to the Villa fan that came in here in December calling United Scum, I'd look closer to home, your treatment of Giggs was a disgrace. It was obvious he was in trouble, no histrionics straight down holding his arm.

The ref had a very strange game, Nani deserved to go but he let so much more pass without caution, there could have been 3 reds in that game easily.

Gav 12 February 2010 10:51 AM

I thought the ref had a terrible game, I felt the game could easily have got out of hand and a player getting seriously injured:(

Still, a point gained on Chelsea and a draw away at Villa with 10 men is a good result in my book:)

Funkii Munkii 16 February 2010 10:03 PM

Great result

Rooney, awesome again :notworthy

chocolate_o_brian 16 February 2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9229440)
Great result

Rooney, awesome again :notworthy

Shame about Nani and Evans - they both had horrors :eek:

STi wanna Subaru 16 February 2010 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9229461)
Shame about Nani and Evans - they both had horrors :eek:

Add Evra to that as well. They were terrified of Rooney but United could have easily lost that with so much sloppy play and poor marking. a win and 3 away goals is a great result in anybodies book though. Wish fergie had taken Park off after the 3rd and would have controlled play in their half.

Funkii Munkii 17 February 2010 12:39 AM

Agreed we could have lost it hence the "Great Result" ours to lose now.

STi wanna Subaru 17 February 2010 09:07 AM

Pato is going to be a right player.

TimWRX01 17 February 2010 09:16 AM

Rooney is rubbish isn't he? I read on here ages ago that Peter Crouch is the better player and I think that statement still backs up.

United should sell Rooney to Barca or Madrid, buy Crouch, pay off some of the debt and buy some silver polish for all the trophies coming in.

Gav 17 February 2010 09:30 AM

:lol:

Shaky start to say the least:eek: I must say thats the first time i've seen anyone run rings round Evra and a team be a major threat from the right! Pato was awesome, sign him up:D Ronaldinho still looks a class player, everytime he gets the ball he looks as though he will do some damage with it.

Rooney:notworthy: nuff said!

Cracking result for Lyon and it would be a sting in the tail of RM if they get knocked out at this stage after spending what they have! I heard that Benzema isn't too happy there and a possible move to United in the summer could be on for 18 million. Be great if it were true but i doubt it:(

STi wanna Subaru 20 February 2010 05:16 PM

United were poor today. Looked tired. No ideas offensively really. I hate Park with a passion. creates fuk all.

Funkii Munkii 20 February 2010 11:17 PM

Nothing created by midfield whatsoever, how many time have I said that this season.

Was it just me or was Rooney not particularly trying at times, as if he owed the Evertonians something, there were balls he'd normally chase down which he left on 4 or 5 ocassions.

Gary Nev has the look of a man who's career is over

Well played by Everton though deserved the win

belliott69 21 February 2010 01:58 AM

don't agree with the nev comment, it does frighten me to say that he looked the main player other than valencia that might create something, park was crap, berbatov never does anything if he has a player marking him when he has the ball, rooney didn't try today, that obertan looks like a typical tall bloke, gangly and couldn't seem to control the ball, corners and free kicks never amounted to anything and as it has been said earlier, there is no creativity in midfield.

STi wanna Subaru 21 February 2010 08:57 AM

United are never a threat from corners and they must get about 10 every game. amazes me.