ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   ***Apex/BC coilover Group Buy number 3!*** (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/698772-apex-bc-coilover-group-buy-number-3-a.html)

chris dt 28 November 2008 07:32 PM

count me in for a set with camber adjustment front and rear.

fast road/track day.

cheers

chris

labpedro 30 November 2008 01:02 AM

quick question.....I got the inverted a few weeks back and after an unsuccessful attempt at fitting myself (snapped the ratchet) I got help from a mate. Fronts have camber adjuster and backs none, but all have the gnurled nut at the bottom which I believe is for the dampening adjustment? Having used them now for 2 days, the ride height is whats known in the trade as low low low, so how do I adjust them. Looking at the shock, there is an adjuster at the bottom and one at the top that you use the spanner for, but which one does the ride height and what does the other one do? Do i have to undo the bottom bolts again to adjust the ride height or do i simply wind them clockwise to raise and anticlockwise to lower? I've already bashed the splitter off a speedbump thing going to the shop :(

Look nice on the car tho, and it does look nice lowered ;)

bren@apex 01 December 2008 10:08 AM

Theyve now been released from customs, due in late this week with any luck :)

labpedro,

You can end up with a dangerous set up with suspension if you dont know what youre doing. Can you give us a ring to discuss so we know you fully understand how the adjustment works and youre 100% clear on what needs doing.

Thanks, 01274 683633 :)

bren@apex 03 December 2008 03:24 PM

The coilovers are landing tommorrow, we can now supply for ALL Imprezas including GC8!

Very limited stock so be quick!

phil739 03 December 2008 03:34 PM

thought the classic ones wernt due in till jan ???

Ginge ! 03 December 2008 08:57 PM

bren this is turned into a long thread thats confusing me a little

what price are track based shocks, i got asjustable lower tie bars already on my scoobie, but need coilovers, this is for a car that will do alot of track days, cheers again for the info., ive tried to keep up since we last spoke but it seems to change alot from where the thread starts

sorry if i sound thick

bren@apex 05 December 2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by phil739 (Post 8320120)
thought the classic ones wernt due in till jan ???

We have sorted some so theyre ready now ;)

Ginge !

It depending on what tyres your running but 6/5kg.mm will be fine for a road based track car.

chris dt 05 December 2008 09:51 PM

yhpm

Ian 07 December 2008 12:03 PM

hi bren, what would the best price you can do for a full suspension set up

coilovers with adjustable rear tops
ALK
drop links
front and rear anti roll bars

thanks
ian

Claaarkio 08 December 2008 12:45 PM

just ordered GC8 with rear camber adjusters :) woo hooo :)

Ian 10 December 2008 01:38 PM

with the 4/3 springs, how much travel is there?

bren@apex 10 December 2008 01:51 PM

We cant do 4/3 from stock, they will be January.

Ill check travel :)

Ian 10 December 2008 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 8337145)

thanks bren

are you still selling the drop links, anti roll bars etc?

if price is good, would be looking at a full outfit :)

Claaarkio 12 December 2008 03:14 PM

Arrived yesterday :) they look amazing!

Cheers for the Christmas card and rock(Candy not an actual rock) included in the packaging lol :)

Can't wait to get them fitted!!!

Dave :)

Claaarkio 15 December 2008 09:34 AM

Fitted yesterday. Nice quality kit!

hardest setting is hard!! lol

Cheers :)

WR1_Gav 15 December 2008 10:31 AM

i realy need a set of these,lets see what santa brings

Claaarkio 16 December 2008 08:47 AM

Bren / Other peeps who have this suspension fitted,

How do you adjust the height while the coilovers are fitted to the car? Do you jack it up, undo the large bottom nut with the spanner supplied, then undo the lower of the top 2 nuts, then grip the threaded area and twist ? thats what it looks like in the instuctions (although the jap to english isn't great lol)

any info appreciated.

cheers

dave :)

bren@apex 16 December 2008 10:07 AM

Jack up the car, undo the lower locking collar. For small adjustments you can then grab the damper and rotate the whole assembly to drop the damper into or wind it out of the bottom mount.

In practice if you want to adjust any real amount then its easiest to take the bottom mount off the lower arm and then just wind it up and down the damper body after undoing the locking collar :)

Claaarkio 16 December 2008 10:13 AM

OK cheers Bren.

Ian 20 December 2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 8337145)

hi any news on the travel?

Flat4Ben 21 December 2008 08:52 PM

hi ,just wondered if you could give me price on some 6/5 coilovers for a 95 gc8 ,cheers

bren@apex 22 December 2008 01:01 PM

Travel:

Front:

6k/5k 130MM
4k 150MM

Rear:

4K/5K 150MM
3K 170MM

6/5 GC8 in stock £535.25, £17.63 carriage. Prices including vat.

01274 683633

New website now up and running for BC Racing UK:

BC Racing UK - Suspension Systems

:)

Ann@apex 23 December 2008 03:00 PM

Please note that Apex will be closed from 24.12.08 until 05.01.09.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Heretik 29 December 2008 01:08 PM

Hi there,

Definitely interested in a set for my GC8 - my Ohlins gave up the ghost last week (it was an interesting and long lasting sideways moment, if you catch my drift (fortunatly I did!) ~ will call on the 5th!

Cheers

AndyP's_P1 30 December 2008 12:31 PM

Ca you still jump in on this offer? Id be looking for a set for the P1 for road use.

grey_uk 02 January 2009 08:42 PM

Hi, anyone have this problem?

Just fitted some BC Coilovers to my Hawkeye and I’m getting a knocking sort of noise from the rear left when I hit a pot hole, I don't get any noise from the front. It almost sounds as if the camber plate comes away from the body and moves back up in to position but I’ve checked the bolts and there nice and tight. The rest of the time there faultless and don’t make any unwanted noises.

I use to get a similar noise from my old car on coilovers, it turned out to be the spring coming out of position when I hit a deep pot hole.

Is this just something that happens with coilovers or could there be a problem.

Any help appreciated.

pj748r 02 January 2009 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by grey_uk (Post 8391512)

Just fitted some BC Coilovers to my Hawkeye and I’m getting a knocking sort of noise from the rear left when I hit a pot hole, I don't get any noise from the front. It almost sounds as if the camber plate comes away from the body and moves back up in to position but I’ve checked the bolts and there nice and tight. The rest of the time there faultless and don’t make any unwanted noises.

I use to get a similar noise from my old car on coilovers, it turned out to be the spring coming out of position when I hit a deep pot hole.

Any help appreciated.

Is the pre-load on that shock ok?

Pete

imf1 03 January 2009 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by grey_uk (Post 8391512)

Any help appreciated.

Just a thought mate, https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...ml#post7810015

grey_uk 03 January 2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by pj748r (Post 8391812)
Is the pre-load on that shock ok?

Pete

I preloaded them all to 5 mm as recommended by Apex before installation. I'll double check them again, Thanks

grey_uk 03 January 2009 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by imf1 (Post 8392423)

Cheers, looks like I'll be taking the seats out again:brickwall , I wonder if the wife fancies a ride in the back:norty:

I'll keep you posted.