ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Scooby's around the Leigh area? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/358053-scoobys-around-the-leigh-area.html)

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by andy10
Anyone fancy a convoy from Leigh/ Tyldesley/ Atherton area to ScoobynetLive in York on the 21st May. Maybe do a sponsored run for a local charity. Any suggestions or interest?

Yeah Im up for that, just back from hols. There is a post in the northern section from the micklehead lot.

Is anyone going upto the smacs meet tomorrow? Was going to the micklehead meet, good turn out last month, but looks like hardly anyone will be there this month

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 08:50 AM

:razz: at Andy10 for doing the 300th post on this :D

andy10 01 March 2006 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
:razz: at Andy10 for doing the 300th post on this :D

Thanks for above, I feel dead proud of that.
We should be at SMACS meet tomorrow night. See you there. Makes a change from seeing you through the windows of a takeaway.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 09:13 AM

some people get lifetime achievement awards, others get a 300th post award. Not sure if I am going the micklehead tomorrow as I dont think many are going judging by the responses on the meets section, so I am tempted to go to the smacs meet in stockport instead. Tomorrow is a different day though so will probably change mymind again!. Dont know if my missus will come, she says she will and then changes her mind. I have to promise to supply her with drinks to get her out!!

andy10 01 March 2006 11:57 AM

some people get lifetime achievement awards, others get a 300th post award. Not sure if I am going the micklehead tomorrow as I dont think many are going judging by the responses on the meets section, so I am tempted to go to the smacs meet in stockport instead. Tomorrow is a different day though so will probably change mymind again!. Dont know if my missus will come, she says she will and then changes her mind. I have to promise to supply her with drinks to get her out!!

Definately see more no's to micklehead than yeah's. Can't understand this as we were made to feel so welcome and received some good advise. Julian is a top man even if they do call him Julia.
As regards your missus changing her mind this is defo a female trait but not acceptable the other way around. Many brownie points have been lost over the years by this. It could be as simple as deciding not to have sweet and sour chicken and having chow mein instead. Apparently I can be so indecisive.
If she decided to not put the lotto numbers on and the 6 winners came out this would be acceptable. (I think a life insurance claim would be imminent).

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 12:18 PM

yeah Julian is a character, they are a good bunch over there. It was a good turn out last month but like you say there are more no's than yes's. Think at the smacs there are 38 people going upto now.

Lol at the chow mein and lottery, I know what you mean. you and your chinese's

andy10 01 March 2006 12:32 PM

I've just noticed at this rate if just us two reply to each other you will get the 400th post so to correct this i'm doing 2 posts

andy10 01 March 2006 12:36 PM

I've just noticed at this rate if just us two reply to each other you will get the 400th post so to correct this i'm doing 2 posts

:hjtwofing :razz:

I,m sure I saw you last night on Elliott St about 6ish. I was waiting for a pizza from Paccihnos. Had a break from Chinese and Indian.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 12:51 PM

:hjtwofing :razz:

I,m sure I saw you last night on Elliott St about 6ish. I was waiting for a pizza from Paccihnos. Had a break from Chinese and Indian.

child :cuckoo:

yes possibly me, i just nipped out and got a set of frying pans from somerfield for £2.99 bargain or what, non slip, 3 pans in total inc 1 griddle pan.

Do you actually cook anything at home then??

andy10 01 March 2006 01:06 PM

child :cuckoo:

yes possibly me, i just nipped out and got a set of frying pans from somerfield for £2.99 bargain or what, non slip, 3 pans in total inc 1 griddle pan.

Do you actually cook anything at home then??

We bought a big range cooker 2 years ago but it looked too shiney to cook on. So the take-aways are a must for us. Same with the fridge. Water dispenser still needs connecting to the water supply. I plumbed it in then never got round to the last connection
By the way Frying is bad for you-have a takeaway instead.:rolleyes:

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:14 PM

Same with the fridge. Water dispenser still needs connecting to the water supply. I plumbed it in then never got round to the last connection

sound like me, doing 99% of the work and then just leaving the lst bit. Im like that with the bathroom.

By the way Frying is bad for you-have a takeaway instead.:rolleyes:

The beauty of 1 cal spray. It was only for pancakes anyway, once a year, although do prefer the takeaway option but the old ever expanding wasteline tells me I shouldnt :nono:

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:16 PM

as he tucks into chips and curry!!
400th post will be mine mine mine

andy10 01 March 2006 01:29 PM

sound like me, doing 99% of the work and then just leaving the lst bit. Im like that with the bathroom.

Generally its only 50% of the work with me.

The beauty of 1 cal spray. It was only for pancakes anyway, once a year, although do prefer the takeaway option but the old ever expanding wasteline tells me I shouldnt :nono:

I've convinced myself that I am 17 stone of sheer muscle. Its just relaxed around my waist.

andy10 01 March 2006 01:30 PM

I've convinced myself that I am 17 stone of sheer muscle. Its just relaxed around my waist.

Just evening up.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:36 PM

sh!t, if your 17 stone im 22!!
really do need to get them bike lights now!!!

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:37 PM

you do realise that someone else will pop up and get the 400th post don't you?
Im setting my standards higher. The 500th post as you will forget that ive said it and it will be all mine

andy10 01 March 2006 01:40 PM

[mine

andy10 01 March 2006 01:40 PM

[mine

mine

andy10 01 March 2006 01:41 PM

mine

mine

andy10 01 March 2006 01:42 PM

mine

I'd bored now. It will still be mine though.
Are you at work by the way. If so do some. Lynne will be reading this at work then complaining when I've not tidied up. She'll not understand the stress involved in getting that 400th and 500th post.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:45 PM

obviously not busy at work today then eh Andy?

andy10 01 March 2006 01:51 PM

obviously not busy at work today then eh Andy?

I'm 2 weeks in front on a NHS contract. I'll do a few hours on Thursday and Friday. Managed to work for a whole 6 hours last Friday.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 01:57 PM

6 hours its a hard life!!! wish i could get a job like that instead of sat behind a desk for 9 hours!

andy10 01 March 2006 02:02 PM

6 hours its a hard life!!! wish i could get a job like that instead of sat behind a desk for 9 hours!

I'm gutted now. I've just got a job in Hindley Green for Saturday morning.
Suppose it will pay for my day out with Leigh East. Only a few minutes work though (hopefully) Does you office electrical equipment need testing? Reasonable rates.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 02:05 PM

ha ha nice try, im based on a customers site (castrol oils) they have a contract with a firm and they have just done all the pat testing a few months ago.

Leigh East is that a rugby club?

andy10 01 March 2006 02:11 PM

ha ha nice try, im based on a customers site (castrol oils) they have a contract with a firm and they have just done all the pat testing a few months ago.

Leigh East is that a rugby club?

It is a rugby club. Lynnes the secretary and I'm the child protection officer.
The first team are playing in Siddal, West Yorkshire on Saturday so we'll be on the coach with them. Got to win this match otherwise we are relegated to Division 1 of the Conference League.

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 02:43 PM

daft question but is that at tyldesley rufc? I was thinking of going down there just to see if I could train with them to try and get into some kind of shape (apart from round)

andy10 01 March 2006 03:15 PM

daft question but is that at tyldesley rufc? I was thinking of going down there just to see if I could train with them to try and get into some kind of shape (apart from round)

No,its a rugby league club next to Leigh Centurians club in Leigh. Training is on Tuesdays And Thursday evenings. In the process of having a new clubhouse built with state of the art gym and facillities. We have 15 teams down at the club ranging from under 8's through to open age so you can pick your level:lol1:

jaytc2003 01 March 2006 03:25 PM

the under 8's would rip me to shreds to physical!!!
it will be the ground you can see then if you go asda. seen quite a few scoobs parked in the centurions car park not so long back when i was there for a wedding do

andy10 01 March 2006 03:28 PM

the under 8's would rip me to shreds to physical!!!
it will be the ground you can see then if you go asda. seen quite a few scoobs parked in the centurions car park not so long back when i was there for a wedding do

Thats the one.