ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   South Yorks meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/262345-south-yorks-meet.html)

peccy 08 December 2003 08:24 AM

yep gave my car a good christening on the twisties:D

hope i didnt slow you guys down to much, scoobyschrisys scooby was pushing me along at some points, wasnt really on top form having only had the car (and tyres) 2 days, very impressed and well worth the wait though, cant wait for the next one!

Timsters 08 December 2003 08:47 AM

aye sorry i dindt turn up with marx either...i ended up waking up at 4pm! and he was off with his cousin (oo err missus) then came round ere to play much Need For Speed: Underground.

that reminds me - any of u lot got xbox's? im thinkin of sorting out a few xbox lan gaming meets for peeps.

CEL 08 December 2003 09:19 AM

Excellent run yesterday, thanks chaps :D

I think i need to get that heap of mine re-mapped ;)

I reckon a geometry check is in order too :eek: some of those corners didnt go too well for me. Quite a bit of understeer.

I'll get some pictures up later D

Chris

dead_neurons 08 December 2003 10:58 AM

chris, which car were you in?

i was fairly easy to spot, my white baby stood out amongst the swaiths of blue & gold ;) hehehe

/2ob

Redevilwrx 08 December 2003 11:07 AM

Did arrive but must have just missed you as the Traffic in the Town Centre was manic!
Still , had a good day cos we had our own little blast around the Area ( Hoping to bump into you all )..

Had a good run at the lights on the way back when this buisness man thought he would have a go in his TVR !!!
Gave it my best shot , about 100 yrds into the race from the lights ,just past Carwood he dropped down a gear and booted it asd I was just leading , when SMASH the knob lost control and hit the Kerb outside the Floor Tile Factory and lept 10ft into the Air loosing his front n/s alloy. Dented his pride big style!!
Still sat there nearly 1 hr later smoking ciggys , 3 at a time.
Would have stopped at the time but thought better to leave as he was fine..

Bobcat 08 December 2003 04:23 PM

Cracking day even though a bit icey! Top marks to Cheesy for the route.
Where did every body go? Turned up at the arena about ten past and no one there,By the way CEL what the f@@** exhaust have you got on yours I had to turn me radio up to full to drown the noise it made,great sound though.
Bob (green mystery machine)

cheesy 08 December 2003 09:11 PM

CEL where are you getting your geometry done and do you know how much it'll be?? Want mine doing also!
CHEESY

cheesy 08 December 2003 09:12 PM

Think we've now got a good bunch of lads together now from around the same area! I've asked PECCY if he'll sort a FORUM out on his WEB site "yorkshirescoobys.co.uk" for us to go onto to have a more personnel chat and arrange meets etc!
What do you lot think????????
CHEESY
Probably start a new thread on this if enough feed back!!

scoobchrissy 08 December 2003 09:21 PM

cheesy
sounds a great idea,:):):)

200PlusClub 08 December 2003 09:56 PM

keep us informed also, 200+ lads always up for any days out , events etc, same applies to you lads on ours.
most of our events will be starting back up in march, but we were gonna get a karting date sorted, you lot up for one?

theres the indoor place thats opened up on the parkway, 30 squid per person?
rgds
chris m
gt4

cheesy 08 December 2003 10:06 PM

Chris Karting sounds great let me know when you thinking and i'll sort some of us out!
CHEESY

peccy 08 December 2003 10:49 PM

will look into the Forum stuff this week at work, although works gettin in the way, should sort somat soon though, what forums do we need? Sunday routes, Speed Camera whereabouts, driving anthems downloads:D

dead_neurons 09 December 2003 10:13 AM

not with your bl00dy driving anthems we don't!

Whitesnake.... who the feck are they!
I'll stick with my Mr Hankeys Christmas album thanks!

Oh BTW Pecky, i managed to get the head unit installed after a few brave moments with a big screwdriver!, just got to install my new front & rear speakers... let you know when its done.

/2ob

Scoobybits 09 December 2003 10:54 AM

sorry i could not make it sunday people..
sounds like i missed a good un!!
south yorkshire scooby's a great idea..come on peccy sort it out..
200 club/cheesy ; karting also count me in can plus a few also..
are we gunna sort another local meet for soon??

Bobcat 09 December 2003 12:18 PM

Good idea Cheesy, by the way is it a good idea to all go out for a drink seeing as its christmas and all that?

scoobchrissy 09 December 2003 01:57 PM

yeeeeaaaaa i'm up for that (WHEN):D:D

Scoobybits 09 December 2003 04:11 PM

come on someone else sort this!!beer...howsabout beer and karting?

CEL 09 December 2003 04:47 PM

lol @ bob :D its a blitz mate :D

Cheesy... i was hoping Scoobyclinic do it? im going to phone Kev later today if i get chance.. group buy on geometry checks anyone :D

Dead Neurons.. i was in the Terzo mate :)

Jase, what can i say :( .... pussy whipped? ;) :p :D

Karting and beer sounds good, beer then karting or karting then beer? ;):D

Cheesy, good idea mate... we will have to ask peccy very nicely :)

edited to say i cant get the damn pictures off my camera at the moment, i'll try again tonight ....

[Edited by CEL - 12/9/2003 4:50:01 PM]

Marx Mcrae 09 December 2003 05:54 PM

Cheesy, do you think the geomatry needs checking on mine, seems to be pulling to one side! ;)
Pub sounds like a good idea as does the Karting.

Marx

scoobchrissy 09 December 2003 06:59 PM

Cel / Cheesey
if your on about going to scoobyclinic why not make a day of it,
some of the others will go, plus need some advice on mine as well.

cheesy 09 December 2003 07:12 PM

Sounds like a good day out up to SCOOBYCLINIC!Will be after XMAS now but SAT are no good for me sorry.
Up for a good few drinks but make it sooner than later please going to be rushed off my feet at work the fortnight before XMAS!
CHEERS CHEESY

peccy 10 December 2003 11:56 AM

who up for some cruise, 1/4mile, burnout, action:D

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=280223

CEL 10 December 2003 12:34 PM

How much is it to get in Peccy?

Finances are a little stretched at the moment :(

I put some pics from Sunday up at last... have a look here http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=280305

Scoobybits 10 December 2003 12:54 PM

nice piccies cel...lack of wagons though!!
yeh peccy do ya know how much casho???

j_p_h 10 December 2003 05:26 PM

£5 to get in.

You can have as many runs as you want. Think peccy had 30 or something stupid last time.

Be able to get my car on as it will be ready on saturday.

peccy 10 December 2003 06:16 PM

j_p_h, you convoying down matey? woodall at 3pm or ill see ya there for a sound off and i sideways off:D

j_p_h 10 December 2003 06:29 PM

Of course pecker.

dead_neurons 16 December 2003 12:55 AM

Finally managed to get round to editing the pics from my camera...
there's some meet pics Here

Kids took most of em, especially the ones inside the car, thats why most have lots of dashboard on them (jays only 9 and has trouble seeing over the dash!). If anyone wants the original large versions (2560x1920), let me know and i'll stick em on my webspace too.

/2ob