ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Raid accross the Border (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/140913-raid-accross-the-border.html)

milne555 25 November 2002 10:19 PM

No the wonder my first post Crashed, I must have been posting at the same time as Lord Harding. :D :D

Very special thanks to John for the tremendous effort that went into organising THE RAID. I really enjoyed it as I did not have to slow down to stop the kids being sick as I had left them at home ;)

Nice to see everyone again and meet some new peeps. Mark I have posted some more piccies just in case you think your WRX had been Tango'd

Thanks once again to Lord Harding :D :D :D

dougies549 25 November 2002 10:20 PM

Hi Bobmac

Cheers for the thought's on the Cat much appreciated.She did look good in the morning but hey what a colour she was by the time we home. :)

Nice looking sport you have there as well m8 yes i did think it was a turbo at first!! :rolleyes:

Let me think !!!!!!!!!! The Raider's Revenge will i, won't i, will i won't i. Me Thinks It's A Deffo YES.

Hope to see u all ther again.

Dougie+Diana :P

milne555 25 November 2002 10:21 PM

No the wonder my first post Crashed, I must have been posting at the same time as Lord Harding. :D :D

Very special thanks to John for the tremendous effort that went into organising THE RAID. I really enjoyed it as I did not have to slow down to stop the kids being sick as I had left them at home ;)

Nice to see everyone again and meet some new peeps. Mark I have posted some more piccies just in case you think your WRX had been Tango'd

Thanks once again to Lord Harding :D :D :D

FASTER MIKE!! 25 November 2002 10:32 PM

john you conned me you told me that was the slow group :eek::eek: should have clicked on when davew was shooting flames out of his exhaust :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::D:D
well my brakes survived another day :D

mike

[Edited by FASTER MIKE!! - 11/25/2002 10:32:54 PM]

midlife-crisis-scooby 25 November 2002 11:03 PM

Hi Bobmac,

My little girl (4 years old) wants a pink badge just like yours...she looked at all the scoobs there and thats all she wanted !!

I might want a set of eibachs but looks like the household will go for a pink Badge for X-Mas. Anybody any ideas where I can buy a MY02 pink badge?

Midlife..

PS Steve Sherwen..looked at your brake discs at the front as well, I'd guess a hefty stab on the brakes would set off the airbags !!! SMART !!

lordharding 25 November 2002 11:04 PM

good to see everyone as well pleased mike never believe a salesman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
off on wednesday

and i have a MAP: AND PEN

RAIDERS REVENGE********************************

lordharding 25 November 2002 11:17 PM

midlife fancy planning the REVENGE*************

midlife-crisis-scooby 25 November 2002 11:31 PM

Lordy..Got It...

Die Hard

Die Hard II....Die Harder

Die Hard III...With a vengence

Now there's ...

Raid Across the Border

Raid Across the Border II...The Sentinel (Damien Fans only)

Raid Across the Border II...The Wrath of Rusty

Raid Across the Border II...The Chamber of Combustion

Raid Across the Border II...The Empire Strikes Back(box)

You know what I mean

Great Idea..What we need is a Sequal and I'd be honoured to help.

Midlife..

FASTER MIKE!! 25 November 2002 11:45 PM

calling rusty, midlife needs stitching up ;) theres a volenter if ever i saw one.

mike

badgerbell 25 November 2002 11:51 PM

lordharding

If your wanting to keep this as a general chit-chat thread Hows about a "every 1st wednesday in the month " type meeting, as was mentioned after the RAID.

how about opinions on this and preferable days / dates / venues etc.

some excellent photos in the Members Gallery :D

midlife-crisis-scooby 25 November 2002 11:54 PM

Faster

I was waiting in a layby next to the Toyota Garage when you went into the turn for the Hotel car park on Sunday. I looked around for the sixteen wheeler Artic letting off the airbrakes but there was only you! Do you have a dump valve or a special oxygen cylinder...GREAT SOUND. How do I do it on my Tarty MY02?

Midlife...

Looks like I'm being stitched up

FASTER MIKE!! 25 November 2002 11:56 PM

i`ll second that davie

midlife it a TURBO XS RFL(realy f**kin loud) dump valve it just replaces the std one with a noisy one, ;) my old one was broken so i replaced it with that. tell the mrs yours is broken and you need to change it so you can pretend your a artic ;)

mike

[Edited by FASTER MIKE!! - 11/26/2002 12:04:28 AM]

badgerbell 26 November 2002 12:04 AM

FASTER MIKE!!

! Do you have a dump valve or a special oxygen cylinder...GREAT SOUND
I agree it did sound GREAT and really turned heads when 'pottering' through built up areas on the RAID, but not as much as Dave W 's exhaust :D ;)

Rusty Festa 26 November 2002 11:29 AM

Monthly meeting sounds :cool:

Us Southern Northerners already do this at the Wiggin Tree pub just off junction 26 M6 (Parbold) on the first wednesday of the month.

Tia and I would like to come up to the Cumbrian monthly pub meet so if we can do it on, say the third wednesday of the month that would be better. Needs to be off the M6 for ease of access, how about somewhere between Kendal and Penrith - any good pubs at Shap or Teebay?

Midlife, I like it :D

Raid Across the Border II...The Wrath of Rusty
So when are you planning on organising the next one for? ;)

Kev_turbo 26 November 2002 04:32 PM

Just a quick note to offer further thanks to Lordy and family for the organisation of this day, it was my first meet/raid/run and certainly won't be the last if this is the quality to be expected. I will look at planning a run myself, possibly in the south dales or maybe a bit closer to my home in the summer wine country. Would some of you proper northerners dare to venture that far south???

Anyway, thanks again and cheers to Rusty and others for the great pics. Shame I left my camera in the other halfs car.

Kev (and his nodding dog)

CRAFT 26 November 2002 06:35 PM

What a great run, we really enjoyed ourselves and can’t believe it stayed fine the whole day as well!!
As MDM said, someone said they were a slow driver :rolleyes: next time I do the RAID with you lot I’ll have to take the limiter off:eek::D And maybe next time some kilometers on the route for us import drivers:) as MDM was a bit miffed he had to lead(wuss:D)
Cheers again, and look forward to the next one:)

CRAFThttp://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif

BTW, it’s not “RED SHED” it’s CRAFT, the red shed comment was a dig at my dirty car by MDM as ours is always cleaner than his;) please ammend as it’ll hurt the feelings of my scoob:D:D

stephen emery 26 November 2002 07:37 PM

good bunch, when you having that first monthly meeting then chaps?????? steve

flossy 26 November 2002 08:21 PM

Thanks to Lord Harding for a great day i thought i would feel a bit left out with my 1.8 but even got to lead along the military road. Some great pics also.

thanks again to all.

gussy 26 November 2002 08:58 PM

Can I just say a big thanks to Lordy for a great route young Gussy was thrilled to bits he commented about all the dead pheasents on the road but was dissapointed he never saw a haggis????? to your earlier question the polish i use to keep the crap of is auto glymn.Cant wait for the next run BRING IT ON.

lordharding 26 November 2002 09:12 PM

the red shed name has been discontinued and will be known as craft,we look forward to you RAIDING with us again have you any more friends to fetch along?
if you fetch more than 5 i will use my special powers and close the roads again!!
flossy glad to see you enjoyed it you can lead the next one im going to investigate your roads in a couple of weeks time when im on holiday.

not sure how to convert to kilometers i surpose i could always buy the boy a imported WRX as soon as he passes his test,and fit a 1300 cc engine !

ok meetings
wednesdays are best for me but it would have to be the 2nd wed of the month due to my heavy work commitments always at month end,

to add variety to the meeting venues as we have a strong west coast :section: mark gussy steave we could start the first one at carlisle then the 2nd at penrith to help with distance for our west coastys and we could get the firefighter and any penrith scoobys to join us as well also im sure rusty and the southern boys wouldn,t mind driving up.
as a special treat for them in the spring we could have a meet at the shap wells hotel weather allowing.

to get things moving how about WEDNESDAY 11 DECEMBER

8 PM at the TURF INN (behind the sands sport centre &county garage -ford )

anyone who can make it please post and we will confirm it.

mark@wrx 26 November 2002 10:32 PM

Yep, sounds good to me. By the way, Penrith and Carlisle are equally far from Whitehaven!

midlife-crisis-scooby 26 November 2002 10:40 PM

Lordy

11th at 8 pm Turf Inn pretty good.

I'll bring my X-mas list with me for stockking fillers (first on the list Faster Mike's Dump valve)

Midlife...

FASTER MIKE!! 26 November 2002 11:40 PM

yea should be ok for me to
mike

badgerbell 26 November 2002 11:49 PM

YEH, OK for me too, but i'll have to leave for nightshift at about 9.30 :(, not too bad since this ones meeting in Carlisle , but i'll have to travel some if it's at Shap in future :eek:

Rusty Festa 27 November 2002 12:18 AM

120 mile round trip for a glass of coke and a chin wag with fellow scooby nutters? :eek:

I'll be there ;)

badgerbell 27 November 2002 01:03 AM

OK then if its on the house will that make it any better rusty :D

Rusty Festa 27 November 2002 01:06 AM

just realised 11th is same night a meet in wiggin tree, m6 junction 26. now, how can I make it to both meetings :confused:

badgerbell 27 November 2002 01:16 AM

buy a fast car ;)

Rusty Festa 27 November 2002 01:18 AM

LOL, anyone want to buy a Sport :p

badgerbell 27 November 2002 01:22 AM

Hey Rusty did you notice i managed to post my own picture in the rb5 section :D
sorry but that makes you redundant

till i'm stuck again ;)

[Edited by badgerbell - 11/27/2002 1:23:31 AM]