ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Harvey - RIP (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/955508-harvey-rip.html)

GORDON GT SERIES 11 11 November 2012 01:42 PM

very sad news harvey was a true gent always willing to help out and give advice when needed,he'll be sorely missed throughout the community,condolences to your family and R.I.P Harvey

darren51 11 November 2012 06:02 PM

R.I.P Harvey you will be a big miss in the subaru community, always happy to help anyone no matter how small or large the problem or question, i had the pleasure to meet harvey many times through both the club and events and visits to his house, thoughts are with you Dawn at this sad time anything i can do just let me know

YoungY25 11 November 2012 06:36 PM

This is absolutely tragic news.
RIP Harvey and my thoughts are with the family and friends.

Classic STI Paddy 11 November 2012 08:06 PM

RIP Harvey

Very sorry to hear your bad news Dawn, hope this thread is some comfort to you and yours at this time, its plain to see he has the respect and admiration of this whole community,you are in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless you Harvey. RIP.
Eric.

drb5 11 November 2012 09:24 PM

Just seen this.

My thoughts are with you Dawn. Harvey was a one of a kind guy.

RIP

mshill 11 November 2012 10:29 PM

RIP Harvey, sad loss to the subaru community.

Condolences to Harvey's family

killa 12 November 2012 01:10 AM

A big loss for the Subaru community. An old school well lane rolling road legend. Truthful and honest and always helpful. Will miss you loads.

BRAVEHEART_STI 12 November 2012 04:54 PM

R.I.P matey

very sad to hear this , thoughts are with family and friends

gone but never forgotten :(

ice643 12 November 2012 06:44 PM

RIP Harvey.

stevep360 12 November 2012 07:58 PM

RIP

leecalcars 12 November 2012 08:29 PM

Rest in piece Harvey spoke with you a couple of times very precise in answering all my questions, you will be sadly missed

Paben 12 November 2012 08:36 PM

Very sad news indeed. Happy trails Harvey, RIP.

KAS35RSTI 12 November 2012 08:41 PM

RIP

Harvey was a top guy & very helpful.

SCD Simon 12 November 2012 08:58 PM

Just heard this tragic news. Our thoughts are with you Dawn.

I knew Harvey from the start of the North East Subaru scene & always found him more than helpful. I last saw him at ASP Performance in May when i told him about the cardiac arrest i had in March this year & he was genuinely concerned for me & my welfare. That's the bloke he was.

RIP Harvey you will be missed.

Andyuk1275 12 November 2012 09:19 PM

I met Harvey a couple of times as I'm a local darlo lad, tried to seek him out on Tuesday had no idea till I just rung my mate rip Harvey

johnlogie 12 November 2012 10:13 PM

RIP Harvey

500 12 November 2012 11:42 PM

So Sorry to hear of our loss, Harvey was one of a kind and will be missed by the whole community.

RIP Harvey

Apostle 13 November 2012 12:25 AM

Harvey.... ever helpful, friendly, kind, a bit funny too,

an incredible source of knowledge, Mr 'can do', great guy to know (if just a little).

God bless you all

A

hoyty 13 November 2012 10:48 PM

I never had the honour of meeting Harvey in person but spoke a few times over the phone and by email . And always loved reading his knowledgeable posts on here . A true gent and a sad loss .

harvey 14 November 2012 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, the crematorium are outstanding a form from the Coroner and therefore the funeral on Friday has had to be delayed until such time as the coroner completes the requisite form.
I am still waiting to hear from the undertaker as to when this will be so please bear with me and I shall notify you of the date and time as soon as I know.
This is devastating to me as I just want to do everything right as Harvey would have wanted but everything just seems to be out of my control and I am emotionally and physically exhausted.
Thanks
Dawn.

Blue by You 14 November 2012 12:07 PM

Take a deep breath Dawn, it's not your fault if matters beyond your control don't work the way you would wish.
Harvey would know that and wouldn't blame you.

Ste RB5138 15 November 2012 09:49 AM

Agreed, dont rush the funeral, even though you want it as soon as you can, its a horrible, strange time when you are waiting for hospitals, Coroners death certificates etc.
I am sure he will have a great turn out on the day.

TheVoices 15 November 2012 08:21 PM

Gave me loads of advice when I spoke to him, an outstanding member of the Subaru community who will be missed by everyone who knew (or knew of !) him.

TelBoy 16 November 2012 11:23 AM

I feel bad for only just realising this tragic news. That's a massive loss, he will be impossible to replace. His advice to me earlier in the year was excellent, and following that, i'm now delighted to be running a Harvey uppipe. It's hard to comprehend at this time, Dawn, but his knowledge and experience lives on in the cars of many of the members of this forum and others too i'm sure, not many people will have had that sort of impact. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

BOB.T 16 November 2012 02:35 PM

RIP Harvey and best to you and yours Dawn :)

Gear Head 16 November 2012 02:59 PM

RIP Harvey

Never met him or spoke on the phone but he always offered lots of great advice on here when I started out in the world that is Scooby. I first read about him in Jap Performance magazine before I had even bought my first Impreza. If I remember right, he was the first person to crack 500bhp in his silver wagon.

Such a shame and my thoughts are with you Dawn and rest of your family and friends at what must be a very difficult time.

billyray911 16 November 2012 07:54 PM

Such sad,sad news.All my thoughts with you,your family and loved ones at this,the worst of times.

ironbridge 17 November 2012 12:11 PM

Terrible news. Condolences to you and the rest of the family Dawn.

SouthWalesSam 17 November 2012 08:56 PM

Never had the priviledge of dealing with him but from following his posts this guy sure knew what he was talking about.

My condolences on your sad loss.

Sam

gpssti4 18 November 2012 08:28 AM

I've only just seen this thread. Such sad news. He always came across as a true gent and was held in high regard by just about everyone. My sincere condolences to the family.