ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   DBM Bug Winter Rebuild - Again (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/863693-dbm-bug-winter-rebuild-again.html)

JonMc 17 September 2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 10241416)
very cool...car looks amazing, must be painful waiting for it to come back :)

I've been away pretty much since I dropped it off so it hasn't been too bad, if work hadn't been busy it would've been a lot worse:eek:

scoobystu5779 18 September 2011 07:55 AM

jon that motor is lookin hot mate, good to see some colour on it,
will have to ask him for a quote for mine :thumb:

JonMc 18 September 2011 08:38 AM

I would mate, he's not the cheapest you'll get but if you want a decent job yoiu won't get better value.

prodriverules 24 September 2011 08:31 PM

Final colour has been applied on the shell/doors and wings,the depth of colour/shine is quite simply astounding and pictures truly just don't do it justice[I've sent Jon a couple of sneak peak pics so you'll have to wait for though's].
You lot better get your sun shades on if you ever see it in person:D

frayz 24 September 2011 08:50 PM

Looking superb. Great job Ryan :thumb:

prodriverules 24 September 2011 08:55 PM

Thanks Frazer,hope I get the chance to do the same to yours mate:thumb:

frayz 24 September 2011 09:09 PM

We'll see mate, have a few ideas at the mo ;)

JonMc 25 September 2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10252329)
Final colour has been applied on the shell/doors and wings,the depth of colour/shine is quite simply astounding and pictures truly just don't do it justice[I've sent Jon a couple of sneak peak pics so you'll have to wait for though's].
You lot better get your sun shades on if you ever see it in person:D

Must admit, the quality I have seen in the pics is amazing, the depth of shine and the results based upon my colour brief are awesome. I'm currently in Bavaria throwing myself off mountains under a piece of cloth so no pics until I pick her up in a few weeks time all being well:norty:

Frayz - Ryan and the rest of the team at C&K Motors are truely talented so you won't go far wrong getting them to give yours a makeover:thumb:

a5h 25 September 2011 07:14 PM

I must say the anticipation for this project seems to just keep growing and growing.

BLU 27 September 2011 02:40 PM

Wow. Gonna look awesome Jon :thumb:
Ryan, your work looks flawless :D. I'll be in touch when my next project gets going.........

super_ted 27 September 2011 03:52 PM

Great project!

prodriverules 27 September 2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 10256522)
Wow. Gonna look awesome Jon :thumb:
Ryan, your work looks flawless :D. I'll be in touch when my next project gets going.........

Thanks Trev,It would a pleasure to work on something of yours as well mate:thumb:
It really does look amazing in the flesh now that the final colour has been applied,once cut back and detailed for that bottled glass look it will hold its own at any show!!

BLU 27 September 2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10256858)
Thanks Trev,It would a pleasure to work on something of yours as well mate:thumb:
It really does look amazing in the flesh now that the final colour has been applied,once cut back and detailed for that bottled glass look it will hold its own at any show!!

I'll get my house move out the way then its new project time..... :D

I'm itching to see the finished product, can imagine how excited Jon must be feeling now......

prodriverules 27 September 2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 10256886)
I'll get my house move out the way then its new project time..... :D

I'm itching to see the finished product, can imagine how excited Jon must be feeling now......

LOL,it seems a lot of people want to see Jon's car completed and tbho I'm looking forward to getting it back together myself but the clutch is going in this week and then the rebuild starts and finally the detail.

It's not until all the panels and mouldings go back on that the jo really comes alive and you can see the whole picture.

Given what Jon comments are through email about the final look of the car I'd say he is not far of a sex wee LOL!

trails 28 September 2011 08:01 AM

bloody work Firewall rules blocking photobucket cannie see any pics :razz:

JonMc 29 September 2011 09:59 PM

A couple more teasers:norty:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6852/p1010733qw.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7988/p1010740d.jpg

jura11 29 September 2011 10:14 PM

Jon nice colour,really looking forward to see finished project,Ryan is really magician with paint.

Jura

prodriverules 29 September 2011 10:21 PM

Its got the standard 95H as an undercoat with some light blue candy on top to give it that dark to light blue effect,looks amazing when you walk around the car in the sunlight!!
BUT I was quite pleasantly surprised when in the dark and the fluorecent light hits it and you start to see shades of purple/metallic and light pearl blue on the angles:cool:

Myles 29 September 2011 10:22 PM

I have the raging bone for this paintjob, mine is just looking so.......stonechipped. 95H is now undoubtedly the best colour!

prodriverules 29 September 2011 10:48 PM

Would just like to say a big thanks to Jon for choosing C+K MOTORS for his paint job and allowing me to show everyone on scoobynet what I can do:thumb:

Oh and I now have another scoobynet members car lined up for this years winter project,but i won't mention any names,that's for him to do if he chooses;)

JonMc 29 September 2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10260322)
Would just like to say a big thanks to Jon for choosing C+K MOTORS for his paint job and allowing me to show everyone on scoobynet what I can do:thumb:

Oh and I now have another scoobynet members car lined up for this years winter project,but i won't mention any names,that's for him to do if he chooses;)

Does that mean I can start claiming my 10% referral fees:D

When it's all back together and I get time a full photoshoot will show the car off in all it's glory (less the engine bay as I need to start saving again for all the bits I want:norty:)

martin850 30 September 2011 07:31 AM

Looks out of this world, you have really out done yourself Ryan :thumb:

prodriverules 07 October 2011 08:18 PM

Nearly there now with the build up,just the wheels to do now and put a few more bits on and then the detail.

JonMc 08 October 2011 08:58 AM

I have to say, the last set of pics are showing it really coming together - more to follow when I get a minute as I'm stuck up in a field in Scotland for another week or so:(

JonMc 20 October 2011 09:23 AM

I now have in my possession some pics of the car nearly complete - a little more detailing required apparently but I think it already looks stunning:D

Should collect it at the end of the month all being well so watch this space for a full set of photos:thumb:

frayz 20 October 2011 10:09 AM

Like! :)

martin850 20 October 2011 10:58 AM

Hurry up and put us out of our misery.

JonMc 25 October 2011 08:54 PM

Collection

3 Attachment(s)
All in place to collect her a week on Saturday (work permitting) and handing over some well earned readies to Ryan...

So what's he done
  • Full respray - custom lacquer but needs the light to show it off:norty:
  • Glass out and all panels removed
  • All the black trim cleaned/painted in gloss black
  • Started the painting of a lot of the under-bonnet and suspension parts - more to follow as I remove them.
  • Extra coats of lacquer on the boot spoiler/roof spoiler and fitted the roof spoiler
  • Sorted out my work blending the skirts, bumper vents etc
  • Tyres off wheel respray
  • Fitted an Exedy pink clutch and lightened flywheel

That's just a summary and doesn't go to show the effort Ryan has put into th work. I'd love to tell you what it cost but I'd embarrass him and it would be unfair given the deal we've done, but workmanship is worth every penny and more.

For those going to the Jap vs Euro meet at the LMM, bring your camera:D (again work permitting)...

JonMc 25 October 2011 08:59 PM

So what's next...
  • Big brake kit - k-sports front/brembos rear all painted red
  • Quieter exhaust for trackdays
  • VF34/35 or TD05-18g
  • Red hoses and black intercooler pipework
  • Remove the aircon (every ounce counts - so go on a diet too:eek:)
  • Painted lateral arms
  • TGV delete and new inlet to be fitted
  • BC Coilovers
  • Finish flocking the dash/roof trim
  • Re-trim the steering wheel
  • Remap

And that should be it done:Suspiciou

martin850 25 October 2011 09:03 PM

Not much left to do then ;)

I see you decided to go with the k sports, what swayed you to them?