Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon fit lens. - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Photography Hints, Tips and general help in the art of photography

Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon fit lens.

Old 22 August 2015, 06:08 PM   #1
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon fit lens.

I needed a nice wide angle lens to complement my collection, I found the 24-70 F2.8, whilst good, didnt do everything I needed (nothing unusual there ), so I went on the hunt for the Nikon 14-24mm F2.8 but instead ended up with the Tamron.

First thing's first, the Nikon is a better built lens, but its no where near as nice as the Tamron for taking pictures, or the quality of glass either. The 5 year warranty is 3 years better than the (more expensive) Nikon, its got the vibration correction, something the Nikon 14-24 doesnt AND its far less prone to lens flare.
It is a heavy beast though, 1100g
I will get some pictures up next week, if you are on the lookout for a good wide angle lens then you wont find much better under 1k than this little beast, well worth the cash
TonyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2015, 08:58 PM   #2
stevebt
600bhp'ish

I was tempted to buy this lens for my camera but I'm not sure if quality will be that much better than my Nikon 18-200mm lens. If I bought the Nikon18-300mm lens my camera weight increase by half.

It would be nice to see how a budget lens performs, what size filter does this lens use as when I searched it was smaller than my 200mm lens so it didn't inspire me with confidence?
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2015, 12:57 AM   #3
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

You cant fit filters to this Steve, its a little large
Worth watching, hes done another one and he says it kicks *** and he is pretty good.

If you want an everything lens then bin the idea of the 18-300mm, its crap, go for the 70-300 F4-5.6 VR, good for less than 400 quid
Old 30 August 2015, 12:57 PM   #4
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I have the Nikon 17-55 F2.8, decent bit of kit, not found it necessary to go any wider.....yet.

What's the filter thread on your new one? I bet someone makes a filter?
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 September 2015, 06:07 PM   #5
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

No filter for it....yet, if its anything to go by, the 14-24mm f2.8 nikon lens, it will be very expensive (i think Lee do one for that), but it may cause issues due to the curve in the glass and reflection...