Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Nissan Qashqai ??

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2011, 12:45 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Qashqai ??

Know someone about to spend a few quid on a year old one, anyone know much about them ?? seems a good spec, not for me but seem popular enough as a good few on the roads now.

anyone driven one ??
Old 09 September 2011, 01:45 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

My wife likes them.

I can't see the point. All the compromises of a 4x4 without the advantage.

I suppose they also have the advantages of a 4x4 without being a 4x4 regards space but I'd rather have an estate car.

Steve
Old 09 September 2011, 01:55 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

They do them in 2 wheel drive which I think would be the better option off a car like this.

just wondered if anyone here had driven one ??

thanks for your input.
Old 10 September 2011, 08:34 PM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

90% of the ones i work on are the 2wd variant, 1.5d id say go for as the 2.0d have dpf problems, they also do a 1.6 petrol but mostly diesels about overall a good car and very popular.
Old 10 September 2011, 10:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate thats great appreciatte the info, okay dad picks his up early next week will pass on the info. 1.5d surely a bit off a small engine for a largish car is it not ?? dpf problems ??
Old 11 September 2011, 08:08 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
My wife likes them.

I can't see the point. All the compromises of a 4x4 without the advantage.

Steve
whats the compromise of a 4x4?
Old 11 September 2011, 08:25 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our 1.6 Grand C4 Picaso uses a 1.6 diesel and is lively enough. Avoid cars with known DPF / FAP problems like older citroens and mazdas..
Old 11 September 2011, 09:29 AM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay thanks mate thats great appreciatte the info, okay dad picks his up early next week will pass on the info. 1.5d surely a bit off a small engine for a largish car is it not ?? dpf problems ??
you'll be suprised how nippy the 1.5d is im sure there 110bhp, with the 2.0d they need a good thrashing often to clear out the dfp filter in the exhaust if not the eml comes on and goes into limp mode mostly caused by pottering around town and doing the school run clogging it up.
Old 11 September 2011, 09:31 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers yep dad is getting on a bit and am sure he would have gone for the smaller engined model anyway !! just seemed a biggish car for a 1500cc engine ?? but as long as its not underpowered then am sure it will be fine !!
Old 11 September 2011, 09:34 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned.........our 1.6 diesel pulls 6-7 people about quite happily LOL

Shaun
Old 11 September 2011, 11:59 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay its the new 1.6 version he is getting, year old. seems to think its got a nice spec and said its lovely to drive from the short test drive he had. supposdly very good on the mpg as well !!
Old 11 September 2011, 11:21 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

My Uncle has just got the 1.5dci about 6 weeks ago.

He says its very underpowered and sometimes even has to use first gear up hills sometimes.

Painfully slow was his words but on a plus note 55mpg actual.

There has to be a compromise for the fuel economy I suppose.
Old 12 September 2011, 10:49 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Nissan dealer told us they have had major issues with the autoboxes just in case you were thinking of one of those!

5t.
Old 12 September 2011, 11:18 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
whats the compromise of a 4x4?
Well in a car that is tall with a high ride height to make it look like a 4x4, it is the body roll and lack of handling.

If it were a proper 4x4 then those compromises would be made up for with the AWD drive train.

IMHO.

Steve
Old 12 September 2011, 05:48 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

I don't see the point of these "Pseudo" 4x4's other than a fashion accessory.
Old 23 May 2012, 06:20 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamiesti01
90% of the ones i work on are the 2wd variant, 1.5d id say go for as the 2.0d have dpf problems, they also do a 1.6 petrol but mostly diesels about overall a good car and very popular.

Any nissan mechanics who work on the qashqai still on board scoobynet ?? got a tech query relating to a 2008 1.6 qashqai I could do with being answered if so.

cheers,

john

Last edited by jono300; 23 May 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 24 May 2012, 11:30 PM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Any nissan mechanics who work on the qashqai still on board scoobynet ?? got a tech query relating to a 2008 1.6 qashqai I could do with being answered if so.

cheers,

john
Still here, whats the prob mate?
Old 25 May 2012, 10:17 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay mate thanks for answering my plea for help !!

okay basically managed to get the orange malfunction light showing on the dash, say managed because its something I have managed to do myself with doing the following and just wodered if you could offer any advice ??

1/ Fitted a set off light up led sill strips the other day and hooked them up to the rear boot area interior light fitting - kept the actual interior light but just bridged the wires with normal blue coloured connector - sills working fine / boot area lights still working fine.

2/ At the same time I fitted a set off aftermarket drl lights to the front bumper / grill area off the car, drl lights came with 3 wires - red / black and a white wire, used a piggy back type fuse to take power from one off the engine box fuses for the ignition on source, tapped into the white / red wire within the fuse box for the white wire ( this white wire off the drl lights enables the drl lights to switch on / off automatically when fed with power ie. when the side lights were switched on the drl lights would go off. lastly the earth was just taken from a bolt within the engine bay area.

so up till then everything was fine, drl lights were working when ignition on/ switched off automatically when side lights were switched on and again these led sill strips / interior boot light were all working fine.

tool away and wemt to drive the car and as soon as I went to drive away my mate noticed that as soon as I put my foot on the brake the drl lights would go out, foot off brake lights drl back on - argh !!

disconnected everything apart from the sill strips and went to drive away when I then noticed the steady orange malfunction light had lit up and was now permantly on ..... Argh again !!!

Help what the heck have I done to cause this ?? from speaking to fellow qashqai owners hooking led strips into the front footwell area lights has never caused this this orange light to show up ( my car being the 1.6 petrol acenta model and not having the front footwell lights meant I had to use the rear boot area one ) was thinking off the extra voltage being detected ??

anyway from your own opinion what would you say has caused this and will this steady orange light eventually go out itself or is it a trip to the local nissan garage ?? main concern is that I pay to get the light put out and it comes on again due to whatever ??
any advice would be great.

cheers,

john
Old 25 May 2012, 02:04 PM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

Wow i thought it was something simple!! before i get going do you def mean the orange EML light (engine block symbol) as there are a few other orange lights like a orange triange with a "!" in the middle?
ifso there shouldnt be any relation as all the lighting systems/central locking run through the BCM (body control module) and is totally seperate to the eml side only thing i can think of at the mo is there may be a shared feed you have tapped into eg brake light circuit and there maybe a engine sensor that uses a signal from the brake light?.
The easiest way would be to get the fault codes read as this will point you in the right area you dont have to go to a nissan dealer for this.

Im not much help at the mo but once you get the fault code that will help alot, just let me know
cheers Jamie
Old 25 May 2012, 02:23 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers jamie thats great, okay is there a diy way off finding out the fault code on the qashqai or is it a case off taking it to a garge to be read via computer ??

just seems a bit strange that the light came on exactly at the time off the mods.

as I say jamie have taken off the white wire hook up and also the piggy back fuse arrangment and its now back to normal but as I say its still permantly lit up although not flashing ( steady orange ) and its deffinattly the " Malfunction indicator light " engine block sign that you mention.

any idea why the hook up to the white side light wire within the fuse box should have caused the actual drl lights to go out everytime the brake light pedal was pressed ??

the only thing I have not done jamie is to take out every fuse from within the engine bay and check it to see if any have blown , from testing everything from within the car everything appears to be working, have tested all fuses from within small hinged lid under steering wheel and they were all fine.

thanks jamie
Old 02 June 2012, 09:14 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

We have an 07 plate 1.5 diesel Tekna and love it.

50mpg and easily quick enough around town but gutless on the open road.

Ours has,

Keyless go and entry, full panoramic roof with automatic sliding blind, dual climate, heated seats, Bluetooth, sat Nav, reversing camera, 6cd changer, and all the usual bits.
Old 06 June 2012, 12:36 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamiesti01
Wow i thought it was something simple!! before i get going do you def mean the orange EML light (engine block symbol) as there are a few other orange lights like a orange triange with a "!" in the middle?
ifso there shouldnt be any relation as all the lighting systems/central locking run through the BCM (body control module) and is totally seperate to the eml side only thing i can think of at the mo is there may be a shared feed you have tapped into eg brake light circuit and there maybe a engine sensor that uses a signal from the brake light?.
The easiest way would be to get the fault codes read as this will point you in the right area you dont have to go to a nissan dealer for this.

Im not much help at the mo but once you get the fault code that will help alot, just let me know
cheers Jamie
%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hi jamie, quick update and one other question mate !!

okay the warning light has gone out, the garage did say that there was a chance it would go out itself when the ecu or whatver it learns there is not actually a fault, again think it was the fitting off the extra drl lights that triggered the light in the first place and again these have since been removed.

anyway, so thats good news !!

second question ??!!

need to get a 12v dc lead from the front dash area direct to the battery, from what I can see there is no easy way to do this and drilling a hole in a modern car is not something I would like to do for fear off the obvious !!

so any insider tips on where I may be able to pass a power cable thru into the battery, unfortunatly due to the rating off the item I am looking to power a direct battery source is required as opposed to using a feed from within the car.

any advice ??