Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love these cars, colour is wicked
Old 28 May 2010, 06:49 AM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1929
About the same price!!

You say the quality but when I drove the M3 it was having clutch problems. This is with just 8k on the car. Lucky for him it was under warranty!!

You think the M3 is quick the GTR is a different league again.
The GTR in my opinion is just mad, anyone can drive a classy looking car, but it takes that extra mile to drive a gran turismo designers wet dream! ha!
Clutch you say?? Is this a problem with the dkg box one (twin clutch) or an early straight manual one??
Old 28 May 2010, 10:32 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I'd rather have an M3 over a GT-R.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:20 AM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

one other reason why this beemer is better than the gt-r, if someone kicks your front bumper hard enough, you don't end up with ten grands worth of damage which you can end up with on the gt-r. new bumper, bonnet, complete ecu reset and loads of sensors to replace, just ask moley what repair prices are like on them.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:24 AM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
I'd rather have an M3 over a GT-R.
I erally thought about this hard and long, there is no doubt the GTR is a stunnign bit of kit that trounces pretty much everything on the road. I really wanted RWD this time, had AWD and FWD for so long that I needed to master RWD.

The running costs or call it TCO really put me off, plus the usual (and many) stories of people having to wait a long time for parts. I just wanted reliable, V8, RWD fun.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:27 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Lets face it a GTR is faster than most things on the road apart from Hypercars and stuff like Atoms. Even 911 Turbo's and Fezza Scuderia's would struggle to overtake one of these puppies in a straight line. For what its worth, i'd rather have an M3 sat on my driveway even though i knew it was slower but for me as an overall package it would be a more viable option.

If i wanted to have bang for the buck i'd go and buy a Dax Rush Cosworth/Hayabusa Turbo or a secondhand M400 Noble and lets see how close that pesky GTR would get then
Old 28 May 2010, 11:39 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cyberevo
I erally thought about this hard and long, there is no doubt the GTR is a stunnign bit of kit that trounces pretty much everything on the road. I really wanted RWD this time, had AWD and FWD for so long that I needed to master RWD.

The running costs or call it TCO really put me off, plus the usual (and many) stories of people having to wait a long time for parts. I just wanted reliable, V8, RWD fun.
If only they did an M3 Touring...!

Seen a few GT-Rs and they are so huge that the drivers look like Oopah Loompahs. The M3 on the other hand is a lovely looking car - just the right blend of subtlety and menace. That yellow just raises it's visibility a bit. Looks cracking with the black wheels and roof.

Enjoy you lucky sod!
Old 28 May 2010, 01:41 PM
scooby1929
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Lets face it a GTR is faster than most things on the road apart from Hypercars and stuff like Atoms. Even 911 Turbo's and Fezza Scuderia's would struggle to overtake one of these puppies in a straight line. For what its worth, i'd rather have an M3 sat on my driveway even though i knew it was slower but for me as an overall package it would be a more viable option.

If i wanted to have bang for the buck i'd go and buy a Dax Rush Cosworth/Hayabusa Turbo or a secondhand M400 Noble and lets see how close that pesky GTR would get then
When all those have broken down the GTR would still be going strong!!
Old 28 May 2010, 01:52 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Av - Cracking car..... lets hope you keep this one!

Scooby1929,
You sure the GTR would still be going strong. I suggest you speak to people that have imported a large number of them and found out how many have had gearbox problems. The problem is they beat the 911 in performance, but they are a whole world away from a 911's reliability. I would choose a 2nd hand 911 TT over a new GTR any day of the week. They are more reliable and much cheaper to run.
Old 28 May 2010, 03:25 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
Av - Cracking car..... lets hope you keep this one!

Scooby1929,
You sure the GTR would still be going strong. I suggest you speak to people that have imported a large number of them and found out how many have had gearbox problems. The problem is they beat the 911 in performance, but they are a whole world away from a 911's reliability. I would choose a 2nd hand 911 TT over a new GTR any day of the week. They are more reliable and much cheaper to run.

Agree 100% with this, loads of GTR gearbox problems are well documented.
Old 28 May 2010, 05:17 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

I did read a thread somwhere that a mouse got into the wiring loom and chweed through one or two wires, they had torepalce the whole loom at a cost of £4k and a 4 month wait...
Old 28 May 2010, 05:27 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Its nice to see a car with a unique look, there are too many 'grey' cars about at the mo. Lovely motor.

I was so disappointed to hear about all the little pricey niggles and moneypit issues (ie the front bumper smash prob) with the GTR, it was meant to (in my eyes at least) be the peoples hypercar!
Old 28 May 2010, 05:58 PM
scooby1929
Scooby Regular

I was only commenting purely on the driving of both cars!! The M3 was very quick especially when you hit the little M button that unleashes the full 414bhp. A truely awesome car no doubt.

The Nissan GTR shocked me at just how quick it was.
Old 29 May 2010, 10:14 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Want!