Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Suzuki Splash

Old 22 February 2010, 08:48 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suzuki Splash

Spent most of Sunday searching out a P/X for the other halfs Daihatsu Sirion, it's on an 07 plate, 35k, 1.0l, VED 30 from April 1st, lots of toys, sips fuel and it's been as reliable as the sun coming up.

Most dealers only offered 2.6K on a P/X which I thought was a bit sharp. Again, most wanted her to take a PCP but she's got a budget of 120 a month and was not interested. She owes 1200 on the Finance, but can put down a few K's as well.

The Daihatsu dealer (Subaru as well but her budget is way too low) can't get stock and there was nothing newer second hand on the forecourt, I was told that Daihatsu may pull their UK sales until the yen picks up.

But, she was offered 4k at the Suzuki dealers for a Splash with loads more toys, alloys, met paint, same VED etc he can get her payments within her budget. I know it's a joint Vauxhall/Suzuki car but the Vauxhall garage where ****e!

So, what's your opinions?
Old 22 February 2010, 09:31 AM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a splash as a courtesy car recently and it is horrible.There is no boot (well a laptop can fit in it but thats it) it struggles to keep up with traffic and overall a nasty experience.I am sure it would make a good city car but i personally would rather walk than drive one again
Old 22 February 2010, 04:44 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I had one as a loan car for a week, it was awesome! My usual car is a '04 Alfa 156 JTD. It was the 85hp variant so it was quiet nippy and very frugal. The spec is very good, the brakes are sharp the stability control helped in the snow. It is a bit cheap in area’s, but nature of the beast. You can guarantee it will be reliable and if you can get a decent deal why not.

Old 22 February 2010, 08:43 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Splash is a great car and good value too.
Old 26 February 2010, 03:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby-tc View Post
I had a splash as a courtesy car recently and it is horrible.There is no boot (well a laptop can fit in it but thats it) it struggles to keep up with traffic and overall a nasty experience.I am sure it would make a good city car but i personally would rather walk than drive one again
It's better and bigger than the current Sirion she as! And it will be mainly town and shopping, so it's hitting the spot at the moment.