Audi 2.0 Diesel Remap

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2005, 09:25 PM
xsti:scoobs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi 2.0 Diesel Remap

Hi

Anyone here ever remaped a diesal engine before? Got a 2005 Audi 2.0 dielsal and was wondering if these engine remaps that people do are worth the money.

Any advice much appreciated.

THanks

Jon
Old 31 May 2005, 09:57 PM
prelude
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

Try www.jabbasport.co.uk , a remap on yours will give lots more torque and a good gain in bhp and give you better mpg.
They are excellent at what they do, we have a remapped 1.8t golf and we gained 246 bhp(differnt turbo) and gained mpg , when ya considder that a 1.8t golf has 150bhp to start with !.
Anyway give them a look

Dan
Old 01 June 2005, 07:50 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Visit www.seatcupra.net/forums and go to the TDi section, lots of people there have had Jabba / Revo / AMD remaps and love them ...
Old 01 June 2005, 09:40 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Personally i think the latest custom code is about as good as it gets. But it depends on a couple of things. 1- how much you like your car. 2- How deep are your pockets.

With a custom code the car is mapped to perfection with the addition of a milltek exhaust you will be laughing. 200hp and 300+lb/ft is around what can be expected, but very drivable at the same time with a perfect flat torque curve etc etc.........

This is typical graph of a REVO or Jabba sport

This is custom code:

These cars are the older 1.9 PD stuff, but the principle is the same.

I am getting my Skoda remapped and going with Jabba Sport. At <£400 it is top value for money. I think Custom code is £100 - £150 more - it is up to you whether you think it is worth it, but it is no doubt the best !

http://www.custom-code.co.uk/
Old 01 June 2005, 04:16 PM
xsti:scoobs
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys. Andy when you say "how much you like your car" what do you mean? I want a map that will give a decent boost in performance without any zorst mods.

Also that custom-code link is not working.

Anyone heared of these guys http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/ ?

Thanks again

Jon
Old 01 June 2005, 04:45 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I spoke to Angel Tuning about sorting out my wife's Fiat. They seem attentive - and confident of their work but i don't know anyone who have delt with them, but they are recomended for fiat.........

As for the 'how much you like your car' comment, this is to do with the nature of chipping or mapping. The pattern of the map/chip follows the factory setting but turn it up a bit. So I know the latest VAG stuff is quite aggressive bottom end, then starts peaking out at 3000 rpm !?!?. So a map or a chip will basically do the same thing but more torque and more power. This will give your clutch a hard time and the box etc. Custom code basically is tailor made and in fact as per the attached graph you can manipulate exactly how where the power / torque is and create something a lot smoother.

As I said, I am going with Jabba. If I had deeper pockets I would have custom code all day long and YES you can have custom code with standard exhaust / filter etc etc.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 01 June 2005, 05:13 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

I had two of my diesels (Renault Espace 2.2dci and Alfa 156 2.4 JTD) done by Upsolute and couldn't fault them. the guy came and did the cars at my house (or at work if you prefer) and the results were excellent. The Espace now has about 165bhp but drives like a petrol engine, i.e it now likes revs as before it didn't! The Alfa went from 150 to 175bhp and 210lb/ft to 290 lb/ft and increased mpg at the same time.

Take a look at www.upsolute.com There were two UK fitters, i would use the northern one, he was much more helpful and still drove south to fit it.
Old 01 June 2005, 05:26 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

The one for the new A4 2.0ltr tdi comes out in september, i have an e-mail from one of the companies somewhere. i looked into it about a month ago.
Old 02 June 2005, 09:03 AM
MattPiece
Scooby Regular

Chaps,

Can anyone tell me what the performance increase is like on the 2.5TDi VAG engine, say on the Audi A6? Is it as tunable as the 1.9?

Cheers