Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Seat Leon Cupra R

Old 29 September 2004, 10:44 AM
Les Behan
Scooby Regular

Question Seat Leon Cupra R

Every time I see one of these (nice cars BTW) on the road (motorway, A & B) they seem to be driven incredibly soberly and in a very restrained manner.

Any reason why?

Cheers
Les
Old 29 September 2004, 11:02 AM
IbizaFR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Les Behan
Every time I see one of these (nice cars BTW) on the road (motorway, A & B) they seem to be driven incredibly soberly and in a very restrained manner.

Any reason why?

Cheers
Les
Cause he knows hes fast?

Tends to be people in the late 30's and 40's that get the Leon Cupra R, cause they can afford it and they need a familly car and dont want something as extreme looking as a Subaru.

or.

your not seing the right ones. Quite alot run 270-300 BHP and some of the young rich drivers go nuts with them. Just recently a guy with a damaged/slipping clutch ran it up to 150 with the gears being crunchy, emission warning light, noise coming from exhaust. This is not your restrained type. :/
Old 29 September 2004, 11:56 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I've got one (28) and it's got around 270bhp.
Just like Scooby drivers you're bound to come across some drivers that don't want to rag it everywhere 100% of the time.
I enjoy the fact I can go fast if I want to but am quite happy to cruise along at a moderate speed.
Old 29 September 2004, 12:23 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
I've got one (28) and it's got around 270bhp.
I must admit I've been pondering getting shot of the Scoob for one of these in the next 6 monts or so, but whats it like trying to get this sort of power thru the front wheels ?

(I take it you've had just a revo technik work done to get to this level of power?)
Old 29 September 2004, 12:49 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Yep Revo'd it after 1000 miles
In the dry the power delivery is smooth enough to get the power down pretty easily as long as you're sympatheic on the accelerator. Once moving it goes like the proverbial off a shovel. HOWEVER... cornering ability, especially coming from a Scooby is somewhat questionable.
Old 29 September 2004, 12:55 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Any reason why?
Yes, it goes straight on at bends... doesn't it Matt

See I've been in Neanderthals car, and it's very very nice, I'd have one myself any day... but it spins the front wheels alamringly easily, costs him a fortune in tyres, and he daren't accelerate whilst going in any other direction that straight ahead

That however suits my paricular driving style, that's why I'd get one - and having that grunt on an A road or motorway is just what I like.
Old 29 September 2004, 01:49 PM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by IbizaFR
Just recently a guy with a damaged/slipping clutch ran it up to 150 with the gears being crunchy, emission warning light, noise coming from exhaust. This is not your restrained type. :/
Lol, Vennuth's reputation precedes him.. I've got one too, great mota