Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2018, 09:55 AM
DPeach
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW Parts / Advice

Hi Guys,

Just a quick second additional intro,

Joined the site having just bought a WRX Blobeye, however the main line of business is BMW,
I work in a Main dealership in Reading on the parts side of things so if there are any owners out there that have a BMW of any kind and wants help with anything from repair advice / instruction to discounted parts as an offer from myself to yourselves then just post below and i'll see what I can do.

Anything from general replacement parts to fitted price special offers on accessories.

Cheers
Dave
Old 27 November 2018, 06:31 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by DPeach
Hi Guys,

Just a quick second additional intro,

Joined the site having just bought a WRX Blobeye, however the main line of business is BMW,
I work in a Main dealership in Reading on the parts side of things so if there are any owners out there that have a BMW of any kind and wants help with anything from repair advice / instruction to discounted parts as an offer from myself to yourselves then just post below and i'll see what I can do.

Anything from general replacement parts to fitted price special offers on accessories.

Cheers
Dave
nice to know this is

a friend has a bmw x5 2004 3.0d sport and his rear diff is buggered. not sure of his reg number but its the model with the 6 speed zf box. he has contacted a few places to see about rebuilding it but he is being told that bmw diffs cannot be rebuilt.
Old 27 November 2018, 06:34 PM
neil97rs
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn it one day late as my x5 alternator **** itself yesterday and I got it replaced today
Old 27 November 2018, 07:11 PM
DPeach
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by the shreksta
nice to know this is

a friend has a bmw x5 2004 3.0d sport and his rear diff is buggered. not sure of his reg number but its the model with the 6 speed zf box. he has contacted a few places to see about rebuilding it but he is being told that bmw diffs cannot be rebuilt.
This is true BMW do not rebuild these nor offer any internal parts for the rebuilding of them.
if you can get me a Reg or last 7 digits of the chassis number i can see what i can do on a replacement but on an X5 of that year its not going to be cost effective for a new part sadly.
Old 27 November 2018, 07:14 PM
DPeach
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by neil97rs
Damn it one day late as my x5 alternator **** itself yesterday and I got it replaced today
To be fair alternators aren't to cheap through BMW but its nice to have the 2 year warranty with it.

Last edited by DPeach; 27 November 2018 at 07:16 PM.