Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BMW Parts / Advice

Old 27 November 2018, 09:55 AM
  #1  
DPeach
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reading
Posts: 16
Default BMW Parts / Advice

Hi Guys,

Just a quick second additional intro,

Joined the site having just bought a WRX Blobeye, however the main line of business is BMW,
I work in a Main dealership in Reading on the parts side of things so if there are any owners out there that have a BMW of any kind and wants help with anything from repair advice / instruction to discounted parts as an offer from myself to yourselves then just post below and i'll see what I can do.

Anything from general replacement parts to fitted price special offers on accessories.

Cheers
Dave
DPeach is offline  
Old 27 November 2018, 06:31 PM
  #2  
the shreksta
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
the shreksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hinckley
Posts: 7,124
Default

Originally Posted by DPeach View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a quick second additional intro,

Joined the site having just bought a WRX Blobeye, however the main line of business is BMW,
I work in a Main dealership in Reading on the parts side of things so if there are any owners out there that have a BMW of any kind and wants help with anything from repair advice / instruction to discounted parts as an offer from myself to yourselves then just post below and i'll see what I can do.

Anything from general replacement parts to fitted price special offers on accessories.

Cheers
Dave
nice to know this is

a friend has a bmw x5 2004 3.0d sport and his rear diff is buggered. not sure of his reg number but its the model with the 6 speed zf box. he has contacted a few places to see about rebuilding it but he is being told that bmw diffs cannot be rebuilt.
the shreksta is offline  
Old 27 November 2018, 06:34 PM
  #3  
neil97rs
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 84
Default

Damn it one day late as my x5 alternator **** itself yesterday and I got it replaced today
neil97rs is offline  
Old 27 November 2018, 07:11 PM
  #4  
DPeach
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reading
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by the shreksta View Post
nice to know this is

a friend has a bmw x5 2004 3.0d sport and his rear diff is buggered. not sure of his reg number but its the model with the 6 speed zf box. he has contacted a few places to see about rebuilding it but he is being told that bmw diffs cannot be rebuilt.
This is true BMW do not rebuild these nor offer any internal parts for the rebuilding of them.
if you can get me a Reg or last 7 digits of the chassis number i can see what i can do on a replacement but on an X5 of that year its not going to be cost effective for a new part sadly.
DPeach is offline  
Old 27 November 2018, 07:14 PM
  #5  
DPeach
Scooby Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reading
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by neil97rs View Post
Damn it one day late as my x5 alternator **** itself yesterday and I got it replaced today
To be fair alternators aren't to cheap through BMW but its nice to have the 2 year warranty with it.

Last edited by DPeach; 27 November 2018 at 07:16 PM.
DPeach is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
scoobysnacks
Other Marques
13
21 March 2006 10:20 PM
livinindevon
Other Marques
14
12 June 2005 03:14 PM
InsBro
ScoobyNet General
5
28 December 2001 09:13 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMW Parts / Advice


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.