New to me - E63 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

New to me - E63

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08 April 2017, 11:58 PM   #1
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default New to me - E63

Have only had it two days, but have to say I'm really impressed with it compared to the C63 it has replaced.

Cold starts appear to be even louder than the C63

Name:  20170407_152148.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  317.9 KB

Name:  20170407_144648.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  291.8 KB

Name:  20170407_144639.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  299.1 KB

Name:  20170407_144703.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  401.8 KB

Last edited by urban; 09 April 2017 at 12:07 AM.
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Dblock
Scooby Regular
 
Dblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Scotland
Posts: 124
Default

Good choice! IMO the e63 or s63 is the smart choice. I have a soft spot for big autobahn mile munching mercs.
Dblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 01:30 AM   #3
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 6,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Have only had it two days, but have to say I'm really impressed with it compared to the C63 it has replaced.

Cold starts appear to be even louder than the C63








Nice one!

I still have my 2015 c63 amg wagon. I've never driven this version of the E63, how does it compare to the c63? Does it feel a lot heavier and less nimble in the corners?

I would seriously consider an E63 wagon but the lack of 4wd puts me off as the c63 can struggle with traction off the line.

The newest E63 has 4wd but I'm not going to a buy a car like that brand new.

Anyway, nice car, congrats!
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 10:52 AM   #4
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

Doesn't feel heavier to be honest, but i know what you mean.
Its git a lot more grip than the c63. Very quiet until you decide to push on. Much nicer inside also
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 12:02 PM   #5
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 6,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Doesn't feel heavier to be honest, but i know what you mean.
Its git a lot more grip than the c63. Very quiet until you decide to push on. Much nicer inside also


You can't beat the noise these things make. AMG are the only ones out of the Germans who have managed to make turbo sounds good.
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 04:17 PM   #6
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock View Post
Good choice! IMO the e63 or s63 is the smart choice. I have a soft spot for big autobahn mile munching mercs.
Gotta agree, nice whip.
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2017, 09:03 PM   #7
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingdongler View Post
Nice one!

I still have my 2015 c63 amg wagon. I've never driven this version of the E63, how does it compare to the c63? Does it feel a lot heavier and less nimble in the corners?

I would seriously consider an E63 wagon but the lack of 4wd puts me off as the c63 can struggle with traction off the line.

The newest E63 has 4wd but I'm not going to a buy a car like that brand new.

Anyway, nice car, congrats!
Front end grip on cornering is tremendous, miles ahead of the C63.
Grip in general is much better then the C63, but its got much wider tyres, and presumably better electronic gizmos now then the C63 which was 4 years older.

It seriously louder on cold start than the C63 - unreal, just glad I've got nice neighbours..
Insurance until November was only 15 more to switch, so result there too.

Over the moon with it. Wake the neighbours about 7am tomorrow
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2017, 04:31 AM   #8
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 6,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Front end grip on cornering is tremendous, miles ahead of the C63.
Grip in general is much better then the C63, but its got much wider tyres, and presumably better electronic gizmos now then the C63 which was 4 years older.

It seriously louder on cold start than the C63 - unreal, just glad I've got nice neighbours..
Insurance until November was only 15 more to switch, so result there too.

Over the moon with it. Wake the neighbours about 7am tomorrow

Thanks, I'm assuming it feels faster than the NA c63 variant?
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2017, 08:28 AM   #9
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

It does indeed feel faster. But I'd say probably not much in it in the real world
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2017, 10:58 AM   #10
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
BrownPantsRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Herts & Bucks
Posts: 6,250
Default

That's lovely. Always had a soft spot for the E63 too.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2017, 04:29 PM   #11
njkmrs
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,037
Default

Looks fantastic.
Enjoy..!
njkmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2017, 08:15 PM   #12
Littleted
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leeds
Posts: 3,947
Default

great car..on my Wishlist
Littleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2017, 08:10 AM   #13
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

This thing is fantastic, miles ahead of the C63 it replaced. Massively more comfortable, more power, better MPG(if you're into that sort of thing), way better handling. Cold starts are ridiculous - seriously loud. Bigger - a lot bigger
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2017, 07:56 PM   #14
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chewing the fat
Posts: 991
Default

Very nice!

What year is this? Is it turbocharged or does it have the same NA 6.2L engine found in the C63? I lose track of Mercedes' confusing model labelling system?
Uncle Creepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2017, 11:07 PM   #15
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

It's 5.5 twin turbo.
My previous C63 was normally aspirated, equally as mad, but not just quite as mad as this
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 03:44 PM   #16
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior
 
sti-04!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Passing ...............
Posts: 13,317
Default

Looks very similar to my old one.
Its not S*14WHT is it ?

An incredible car, much better than the M5 that replaced it in terms of pace & how i like it.

That M5 is now away (was a Jahre for anyone interested)
sti-04!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 03:55 PM   #17
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

Its not no.
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 12:47 PM   #18
JTaylor
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Home
Posts: 14,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
It's 5.5 twin turbo.
My previous C63 was normally aspirated, equally as mad, but not just quite as mad as this
So not equally mad, then.
JTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 01:08 PM   #19
urban
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 11,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaylor View Post
So not equally mad, then.
OK point taken.
C63 was mad, just not as mad as this
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 01:29 PM   #20
JTaylor
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Home
Posts: 14,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
OK point taken.
C63 was mad, just not as mad as this
Fair enough. Nice motor, Urban.
JTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:09 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: