Hello

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2011, 09:17 AM
ADV.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Morning all,

Just looking around as "might" be buying a sports wagon or legacy estate (need an estate to carry dogs/kit) and this seems the best place for knowledge on the cars!

ADV.
Old 27 September 2011, 08:53 PM
oldman-wrx
Scooby Regular

Good luck in your search
Old 27 September 2011, 09:41 PM
Scooby Jo
Scooby Regular

Hi, I had a Classic Sport (saloon) for four years - I loved it, quite nippy/responsive considering it had nowhere near the horsepower of the turbo models and it handled brilliantly The engine was rock solid too, as long as you look after it, you can thrash it and it will withstand abuse

On the downside the running costs are quite similar to the turbo models for servicing/parts and fuel, the latter might be more to do with the way I drive Even my insurance isn't much more now I've gone for a WRX.

Not sure if there is anything specific you need to watch out for with a wagon, sure someone else can help with that - the only rust I had was on the roof, although wheel arches are common and I did have the bonnet resprayed as the lacquer started to go at the points nearest the windscreen (sure it would have rusted if I'd left it). Good luck