Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2008, 01:58 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McRae Gathering

McRae Gathering
30th and 31st of August 2008

In the past few months since the sad passing of Colin McRae, feverish work has taken place behind the scenes to create a tribute from the Subaru community with the view of celebrating the life of a true legend. Now that official permission has been obtained from the parties concerned, McRae Estate, Jimmy and Margaret McRae and Prodrive, and approval for our plan been obtained from the relevent authorities, this is the time to release the details of what is planned.

An event taking place on the weekend of Aug 30th and 31st comprising of a convoy of Impreza's from Lanark, Colin's home town and Prodrive in Banbury. An overnight stop comprised of either camping for the hardcore or Travelodge/B & B's for the not so hardcore and a mass Subaru meeting on the Sunday at Prodrive in Banbury.

The route of the convoy is as follows and has been designed to go through or be near as many regions as possible

Lanark - M74 - M6 - M61 - M60 - M62 - M1 - M25 - M40 - Prodrive, Banbury

The maximum speed of the convoy will be 10mph less than the given speed limit for the road and NO excessive speed will be tolerated by ANYONE.

Everyone taking part in the convoy will have one of these stickers on there car to designate that they are indeed part of the convoy. Details of cost and how to obtain the official stickers will be made available in the next week or two

This event will be posted on every Subaru BBS/Club/Forum across the land
  • SIDC
  • Scoobynet
  • 22b.com
  • P1 Owners Club
  • RB5 Owners Club
  • Irish Subaru Drivers Club
  • AberdeenScoobies
  • AyrshireScoobies
  • SussexScoobies
  • ImprezaSport.net
  • LADS
  • MidlandScoobies
  • Scoobycity
  • Southernscoobies
  • Southwestscoobies.org.uk
  • WYIOC
  • SurreyScoobs
  • DevonScoobs
  • Essexscoobs
  • Sheffieldscooby
  • SMACS
  • TypeRA.co.uk
  • WR1 Owners Club
  • CumbrianScoobs

Please inform me if i have missed any clubs from the list and i will join up to the ones i missed and help get everyone involved

Any questions please do not hesitate in the slightest and foward your enquiry to McRaeGathering@hotmail.com
Old 11 January 2008, 02:04 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Hopefully should be able to make this depends if my Mrs lets me leave her for a night
Old 11 January 2008, 04:14 PM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

you missed this one hunni

subaru online.com • Index page

i can post this up if you like
let me know hunni

hopefully i will be there

Last edited by stressymare; 11 January 2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12 January 2008, 12:43 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

No reason the SMACS wont be out in force for this

One to put into the diary.
Old 12 January 2008, 01:47 AM
2big2daft
Scooby Regular

start saving the v power pennies

What a way to spend my Birthday weekend
Old 15 January 2008, 10:44 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

We are pleased to announce that the official website for the 2008 McRae Gathering has now gone live at

Colin McRae Subaru Gathering - Home

This is a totally independent website, not affiliated to any Club or Organisation which is designed to be a central source of information for both individuals and Club webmasters alike to keep up to date with the latest in planning for what is sure to be a weekend to remember and to ask any questions that may arise.

You can sign up to our spam-free mailing list to get the latest news direct to your Inbox, we will be building a FAQ of your most frequently asked questions and there will also be an online shop where you can order your official McRae Gathering stickers (and maybe more!)

Webmasters are encouraged to visit and read the intro article to make sure we link back to the sites that are supporting this event.

This has the potential to be the largest ever organised Subaru event in the UK. Let's do Colin proud!
Old 06 May 2008, 07:02 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Thanks first of all for your clubs support so far

At the outset of this grand plan to celebrate Colins association with Subaru it was the intention of this convoy to replicate the success of the RBRelay from John O'Groats to Lands End, which raised 17k for the RB Foundation. At the begining we had no idea how well Prodrive would respond and never in a million years did we think Prodrive's response would have been on the scale that it has.

The original plan for the weekend had the main convoy driving from Lanark to Banbury via the M74, M6, M60, M62, M1, M25 and M40. This original route would have taken up the full Saturday, leaqving Lanark at 10am the convoy was estimated to arrive at Banbury at 8pm. This would have left the full Sunday to accomadate a mass meeting of Subaru owners at the Banbury facilty. In the light of Prodrives response we have amended the route to allow the convoy to get to Banbury for about 4pm and have the main tribute convoy travel between the 2 Prodrive sites on the Sunday. The revised route from Lanark to Prodrive on Sat the 30th of Aug is A70, M74, M6, M5 and M40. I humbly apologise to drivers, clubs and groups that were planning the weekend around the intial route. Hopefully the route change will not stop anyone from attending what is sure to be a fantastic tribute to a true Subaru legend

Provisional format for the weekend

Saturday morning at 10am the cars will leave Lanark Market.

M74 - M6

Refuel stop at Charnock Richards on the M6

M6 - M5 - M40

Final destination is Prodrive at Banbury, hopefully arriving at about 4pm

.................................................. ...........

Sunday morning, cars from all over Europe will converge on the Banbury facilty for 10am (Marshalls to be on site at 9am)

Prodrive will open the SWRT workshops, open the Heritage centre, fire up some of Colins cars and have a BBQ on the go with the obligatory Bacon Butties.

The main group will leave Banbury at 12 noon, hopefully led by N1WRC (this is subject to the car being taxed and MOT'ed), and join the M40 at Jct 11 westbound heading for Jct 15.

Hopefully we can get the convoy from Point A to Point B in about an hour

From 1pm until 5pm the group will be located at Prodrives Warwick test facility

Only cars bearing the official sticker will be allowed access to the Test Facilty. A checkpoint will be setup both at the gates of the Warwick facility and where the convoy leaves the A4177 about 2 miles from the gates of the test facilty

Prodrive are looking into to arranging some driver demo's and hopefully will be offering Pax rides with Prodrive test drivers on varying disciplines like the skid pan and the adverse handling track. Due to Insurance restrictions only Prodrive employees will be able to take Prodrive cars out on track. All the attendee's at Warwick are to be parked on the main runway of the airfield.

Stickers will be made available for sale in the next 7 days

.................................................. ................................................

My mobile number is 07944 079591 for any enquiries

enquiries@mcrae-gathering.co.uk

mcraegathering@hotmail.com

Thanks again

The McRae Gathering team
Old 14 May 2008, 04:29 PM
YATESY
Scooby Regular

are the stickers available yet do we know

thanks
Old 16 May 2008, 01:38 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Stickers! Get Your Lovely Stickers!

Yup, they're available!

Excuse the poor impersonation of the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! We did tell you things were going to happen in a bit of a blast once we got all the red tape out of the way and we're delighted to announce the the one and only OFFICIAL Stickers for the 2008 McRae Gathering are now available to purchase from our online shop

These stickers will allow you to be part of what is surely going to be the Subaru event of the year as we get together to mark and celebrate the life of a true legend whilst hopefully raising loads of money for Colin's favourite charities. They're priced at £10 each. Postage & Packing is £2.00 for up to 5 stickers then £2.00 for each additional 5 so 10 stickers would be £4.00 P&P, 15 would be £6.00 P&P etc etc. Apart from bearing them with pride these are ESSENTIAL to gain access to the Prodrive facilities on the weekend. No sticker, no access!

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ!

Please note that ALL participants will have to carry a sticker somewhere on the FRONT of their car so they are clearly obvious to the Marshalls. This can be on paintwork or glass (for those who don't like putting stickers on paintwork!), but it must be obvious to smooth traffic flow into the Prodrive facilities. Because of that, you may wish to order two so you have a temporary one up front for the weekend and a permanent one to display on your back windscreen. It's entirely up to you, but all profits are going to the McRae charities.

At the moment we're only taking payments via PayPal - simply because this is quickest and easiest for most people and the stickers already bought have to be paid for so we need to do some quick fundraising! We'll be adding payment by cheque later for those without PayPal accounts and may add other payment gateways for convenience.

You will not be able to complete your order unless you input your car and contact details. We won't process orders if these fields are filled in with incorrect info or gibberish. We do need to know all cars registered for this event as part of our agreement and acceptance from the various bodies we've had to get permission from. We will fully comply with the Data Protection Act and your information will NOT be given out to anybody (unless you drive like a **** and the Police ask us! lol) or used for any purpose other than to identify those who are legitimate participants in this event. All data we hold will be destroyed after the event.

You can place your order for the event of the year by clicking here

Colin McRae Subaru Gathering - Browse

Please allow 28 days for delivery. We're pretty much geared up to get them out within a few days of ordering, but this is new to us and we expect an initial surge so please bear with us and allow us a bit of breathing space!!!

A list of participating clubs follows
  • SIDC
    Scoobynet
    Irish Subaru Drivers Club
    CADS
    Type RA.co.uk
    LADS
    P1WOC
    SSC-Subaru
    TyneteesScoobies
    Midland Scoobies
    RB320oc
    RB5oc
    Series McRae owners club
    Cumbrian Scoobs
    AyrshireScoobies
    Scottish Scoobies
    Aberdeen Scoobies
    Surrey Scoobies
    Subaru-Online
    UKLegacy.net
    WR1 Owners Club
    Sheffield Scoobys
    Southwest Scoobies
    Subaru-Central
    Essex Scooby Crew
    NYSOC
    WYIOC

NASIOC
    ClubSubNZ
    Ausubaru.com
    Subaru Owners Club South Africa
    Subaru Club of Canada

PS. Forgot to mention - for those going to Japfest, SIDC Chairman Phil Stephens will have limited stocks of stickers there so you can get them direct from him

Thanks for your support
Old 17 May 2008, 12:37 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

How come we've been missed off the list?

SMACS will be there to remember Colin.
Old 05 June 2008, 11:56 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
How come we've been missed off the list?

SMACS will be there to remember Colin.
Sorry for the ommision

The mention of Scoobynet was meant to be covering all the various clubs the site hosts. I now realise that SMACS is a complete seperate entity that is only hosted on Scoobynet servers.

Looking forward to seeing the SMACS brigade on the day
Old 06 June 2008, 05:50 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Old 07 June 2008, 03:58 AM
scooby(puppy power)
Scooby Regular

Ordered the stickers, Now just need to get the saturday night off work, I feel a sickie coming on lol

Hopefully see you all there
Old 07 June 2008, 08:39 AM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

How do the groups meeting enroute join the convoy?

I'll be meeting you where the M62 and M6 cross, I estimated that you should getting to this point around 1.10pm ish, do we just wait on the hardshoulder for the convoy to go past and join from the back?
Old 07 June 2008, 10:50 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bullitt_Rich
How do the groups meeting enroute join the convoy?

I'll be meeting you where the M62 and M6 cross, I estimated that you should getting to this point around 1.10pm ish, do we just wait on the hardshoulder for the convoy to go past and join from the back?
Very good point.

I hope there will be some rest points for the convoy in order that others can join the brigade.
Old 22 June 2008, 05:12 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I'm not going to be able to commit to coming down to Prodrive, however, I'm keen to muster as many smacs members as possible to join the convoy on the saturday for a run down the motorway (ala burns's convoy)
Do you have any idea what time you'll be at charnock richard services? We could group there and join in with you lot on your way down. Anyone wanting to go down to banbury can stick with you all the way, and we'll peel off.
Old 22 June 2008, 06:13 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Cw

we will meet again !!!!!!
and this time the convoy will be BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 23 June 2008, 04:12 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

lol john, you're mad I tell you, mad!
see you soon mate
Old 24 July 2008, 11:13 PM
nutsaboutscoobies
Scooby Regular

are there many people from here going to this meet?
Old 25 July 2008, 08:42 PM
johnson12
Scooby Regular

The convoy will be at charnock richard for around 2.
Old 05 August 2008, 09:25 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

CW42

hi mate, i just wondered if you were still intending to join the mcrae gathering for a run down the motor way (not to prodrive) if so where will you be leaving from as im in tameside

thanks mate
Old 08 August 2008, 06:48 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Blimey, nearly missed that

Yes, I'm still looking to join at Charnock. I'd like to go just past Charnock and watch the convoy roll by while filming from a bridge, I did the same with the mcrae convoy. Then I'll drive down to Charnock, have a nosy around and convoy down with them for a while. Happy to join in if you like.

Route something like this:
from:53.40462,-2.17804 to:Exit 28 @53.695625, -2.674860 to:A54/Middlewich Rd @53.201237, -2.382441 to:A5102/Woodford Rd @53.330602, -2.191159 - Google Maps

Last edited by cw42; 08 August 2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08 August 2008, 09:08 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Blimey, nearly missed that

Yes, I'm still looking to join at Charnock. I'd like to go just past Charnock and watch the convoy roll by while filming from a bridge, I did the same with the mcrae convoy. Then I'll drive down to Charnock, have a nosy around and convoy down with them for a while. Happy to join in if you like.

Route something like this:
from:53.40462,-2.17804 to:Exit 28 @53.695625, -2.674860 to:A54/Middlewich Rd @53.201237, -2.382441 to:A5102/Woodford Rd @53.330602, -2.191159 - Google Maps

sounds like a plan mate,what time you thinking of leaving? and where from? (are you local to me)

definatly interested in a run out with the convoy like you.
Old 09 August 2008, 02:13 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Could meet you around midday in Stockport, say pcworld, then convoy up (with rs74 as well) to watch them go by.

Why are you not in our club?
Old 09 August 2008, 11:08 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Could meet you around midday in Stockport, say pcworld, then convoy up (with rs74 as well) to watch them go by.

Why are you not in our club?

yeah that would be good mate,on the saturday yeah!

i keep trying go get to the smacs meets but im always on the late shift when its on

ill get to one one day
Old 11 August 2008, 06:54 PM
Tim66 STi8
Scooby Regular

Is there anyone joining the convoy from Knutsford Services? We (wife and Brother and his wife in there scoob) will be comming from Buxton through Mac to Knutsford.
Old 18 August 2008, 11:01 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

You'd probably be as well meeting with me and a few of the other SMACS at stockport if youre coming from Buxton.