Wanted: engine whisperer near Manchester - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Regional > Northern (England)
Reload this Page >

Wanted: engine whisperer near Manchester

Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Wanted: engine whisperer near Manchester

Old 13 December 2017, 11:48 AM
Hoopy_frood
Scooby Newbie

Default Wanted: engine whisperer near Manchester

Hello Scooby Net,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise in advance if the notion of putting a subaru engine in a VW van upsets anyone - it fits like a glove and is a massive, huge, brilliant improvement from the stock vw engine.

Anyway, all is not well with my year 2000 EJ20 engine (originally in an Impreza RS [i think)] and I would like to know if there is anyone in or near Manchester that might be willing to have a look at it? The idle is very rough, it surges a bit and generally ain't right.

thanks all,

Iain
Old 13 December 2017, 01:04 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Youíve got cams performance in darwen or adgespeed in Manchester both very helpfull and friendly

Just check all pipes for splits and a general look over mate first with a good light
Iím in Accrington and donít mind having a look for you but maybe too far for you and if it needs a small vac/boost pipe etc both garages will have bits knocking about to sort there and then if nothing major so not a biggie

Hope you get it sorted