Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fitness and Diet

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2014, 08:08 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a fair comment!!

I like evidence, I need to see the point in doing something before I'll do it!
Old 20 March 2014, 08:18 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Where?? Not ever on physical fitness. I never told anyone to do 500 sit-ups or sit downs, eat oat or goat, write with a chalk and go for a walk etc. for fitness, man. Never. I know nothing about fitness.
Maybe it was advice on something else and I got mixed up; it often happens.
Old 20 March 2014, 08:30 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Mind your lower back and knees. Squats are a great compound movement but not easy on joints.
I always wear a belt when I go above 70 on squat amd wear knee straps and I don't go below 90 degress. That's what I've been taught anyway
Old 20 March 2014, 08:35 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

All you people that are advising good stuff on this thread need to put up your pictures up here, to prove that what you're offering has worked for you. You may include before and after pics. if you don't want to be recognised (your right on your privacy over your pretty face), just stick a paper bag on over your head and face. But do make sure you hold a loaf of bread in your hands (Idea Copyright- Sarasquares) with current Use By date so that we can be sure that it is you.

If you turn out to be a rake or a bloater in your picture, I'm afraid your advice will be classed as null and void, no matter how thorough you may 'sound' here with your c&p or just typing what you've overheard from others.

I bet you highly knowledgeable advisers are in a damn good shape (I know Maz is, actually), so please, prove it.

I am particularly interested in Oat Eating phenomenon.
Lol! I'm no big man. But oats has helped me feel full longer after breakfast also gives me the energy I need. I'm actually a lightweight. I used to weigh 7.4 stone 2 years ago. Now im 9.6. Been training for 2 years but its been on and off and diet hasn't always been strict. I got to 10.3 stone but dropped again due to my work and stopped training for abit. Ive been back on it for 3.5 months now and feel a lot better again. I want to eventually weigh 12-13 stone. Long way to go but im happy with the way im going. Last time I checked my body fat was around 7-8% and im quite lean. I wilk try n get some pics up inabit
Old 20 March 2014, 08:44 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by veerinder9
Lol! I'm no big man. But oats has helped me feel full longer after breakfast also gives me the energy I need. I'm actually a lightweight. I used to weigh 7.4 stone 2 years ago. Now im 9.6. Been training for 2 years but its been on and off and diet hasn't always been strict. I got to 10.3 stone but dropped again due to my work and stopped training for abit. Ive been back on it for 3.5 months now and feel a lot better again. I want to eventually weigh 12-13 stone. Long way to go but im happy with the way im going. Last time I checked my body fat was around 7-8% and im quite lean. I wilk try n get some pics up inabit
How tall are you?!

At 5'8" I used to weigh 9.25 stone and a strong breeze used to blow me over. Now 11-11.5 (varies a bit).
Old 20 March 2014, 08:45 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
How tall are you?!

At 5'8" I used to weigh 9.25 stone and a strong breeze used to blow me over. Now 11-11.5 (varies a bit).
I'm 5ft 7
Old 20 March 2014, 08:49 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Pics for the wimmins to perv on more like
Old 20 March 2014, 08:50 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Haha I think everyone would jizz over your pic
Old 20 March 2014, 08:55 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I'm 5ft 7
Wow, you must have been very "slim" two years ago!!
Old 20 March 2014, 09:00 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Wow, you must have been very "slim" two years ago!!
I was a stick mate. I love getting up in the morning now and looking at myself in the mirror and thinking "hell yeah sexyyy b*stard"
Old 20 March 2014, 09:12 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I sense an ab fest
Old 20 March 2014, 09:43 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I have had no problem putting weight on. I don't need to put pictures up, I am more than satisfied in my shape. Lost over 5 inch off my waist.

I have come down from mid 18 stone to early 15 stone and look slender at this weight, 6ft tall. I used to weight train regularly in my late teens and twenties. Stopped for more years than I can remember. Had a medical scare that made me realise I needed to get fit again so I can play with my kids into later life and not feel decrepit.

Cycling and general keep fit exercise works for me. I have resting heart rate of 46 so I must be cardio fit.
Old 20 March 2014, 10:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Cool.

Not at all. Talking scientific here, not twisted at all.

People may be super fit without posting their pic here, but WE don't know that, do we? How do WE know that what they do and suggest to others REALLY works?? Tell me.

Fact: Claims that are supported with evidence/s are more reliable.

Prove this otherwise, and I'll give you 50p.

To add- No one NEEDS to post their pictures. You may, if you're telling the truth.
Old 20 March 2014, 10:41 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Cool.

Not at all. Talking scientific here, not twisted at all.

People may be super fit without posting their pic here, but WE don't know that, do we? How do WE know that what they do and suggest to others REALLY works?? Tell me.

Fact: Claims that are supported with evidence/s are more reliable.

Prove this otherwise, and I'll give you 50p.

To add- No one NEEDS to post their pictures. You may, if you're telling the truth.
Fair enough, I've posted too many on FB already I think my friends are bored of it now
Old 20 March 2014, 10:46 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Fair enough, I've posted too many on FB already I think my friends are bored of it now
Lol you've got too many on insta n fb but its a great motivator! Does help
Old 20 March 2014, 10:48 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok, not that many, then. Just one would do. You're not my 'friend' on Facebook , your brother is. I've seen his pic where he's pulling his tummy in; to pretend that he has flat stomach . But I've seen none of yours. So, go on. Prove that you're well into your physical fitness.

Last edited by Turbohot; 20 March 2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 20 March 2014, 11:47 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

All you people that are advising good stuff on this thread need to put up your pictures up here, to prove that what you're offering has worked for you. You may include before and after pics. if you don't want to be recognised (your right on your privacy over your pretty face), just stick a paper bag on over your head and face. But do make sure you hold a loaf of bread in your hands (Idea Copyright- Sarasquares) with current Use By date so that we can be sure that it is you.

If you turn out to be a rake or a bloater in your picture, I'm afraid your advice will be classed as null and void, no matter how thorough you may 'sound' here with your c&p or just typing what you've overheard from others.

I bet you highly knowledgeable advisers are in a damn good shape (I know Maz is, actually), so please, prove it.

I am particularly interested in Oat Eating phenomenon.
I'm happy to do it in a few months (summer time). As I said earlier on, I used to do all sort of stupid diets and have only recently switched to a clean diet with carefully crafted macro's. There has not been enough time to see the result myself. However, I did tones and tones of research and fully believe this is the best and most sustainable way to go. I'm actually embarrassed about some of the poor choices I made out of laziness before (i.e. just don't eat because I can't be bothered to research how to eat properly and prepare the food).
Old 20 March 2014, 11:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I'm happy to do it in a few months (summer time). As I said earlier on, I used to do all sort of stupid diets and have only recently switched to a clean diet with carefully crafted macro's. There has not been enough time to see the result myself. However, I did tones and tones of research and fully believe this is the best and most sustainable way to go. I'm actually embarrassed about some of the poor choices I made out of laziness before (i.e. just don't eat because I can't be bothered to research how to eat properly and prepare the food).
Cool.
Old 20 March 2014, 11:52 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

FWIW, I weighed myself this morning and I'm now 14st dead. I was 16st 8lb in August 2013. Lost muscle mass along the way by making an **** of it though.
Old 21 March 2014, 02:18 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice to read this guys, looks like a thread that's here to stay for a while

Well I am on the last leg of my 16-17 hour shift today and my diet hasn't been too great, but again its better by a large margin to what I use to eat.

Breakfast:
1 slice of lightly buttered wholemeal toast
1 Banana

Lunch:
Steak grilled (canteen food)
Small amount of new pots
Sweet corn

Dinner:
Tikka Chicken pieces
Mushroom Puri (mushrooms in a garlic, onion and herb style light tomato sauce with a small chapatti)

Several brews and water along the way.

Fitness today has been nothing but work, pedometer app states 10 miles walking the factory over 16 hours, but there never accurate so I haven't calculated food for this.

Home for around 2:20am to a glass of milk and bed!

I get that the above is pretty poor, but my object out of this is to have a better diet, and although its not great, its still made me make some better decisions about my food intake than I normally would. For what its worth I'll get some pictures up of my shabby body if that's what you guys are in to :LOL:
Old 21 March 2014, 09:40 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Ok, not that many, then. Just one would do. You're not my 'friend' on Facebook , your brother is. I've seen his pic where he's pulling his tummy in; to pretend that he has flat stomach . But I've seen none of yours. So, go on. Prove that you're well into your physical fitness.
I would but not got time for the negative comments that would inevitably come after it
Old 21 March 2014, 10:14 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellie*
I think it's a fair comment!!

I like evidence, I need to see the point in doing something before I'll do it!
There are thousands of examples of fitness and diet regimes. Just look at youtube for professional to complete amateurs demonstrating their physical improvements.

You will miss the best part of your life waiting for everybody else to convince you. Self discipline and a little hard work will get you going to a better healthier life
Old 21 March 2014, 02:13 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

By heck there's some short ***** on this thread.
Old 21 March 2014, 02:51 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Not posed (I am deeply non photogenic; not hard to tell!), no diet faffing, just regular exercise. I'm the taller one; but only just ;-)

Abuse imminent...

Last edited by Matteeboy; 21 March 2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 21 March 2014, 02:54 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
By heck there's some short ***** on this thread.
I'm hurt. Lol
Old 21 March 2014, 03:14 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

I'm hurt. Lol
You guys are lucky much easier for to look thick and full muscle bellied with your shorter muscle insertions!
Old 21 March 2014, 03:36 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I would but not got time for the negative comments that would inevitably come after it
Just post those before and after shots, you know...the ones where you got wings
Old 21 March 2014, 03:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Not posed (I am deeply non photogenic; not hard to tell!), no diet faffing, just regular exercise. I'm the taller one; but only just ;-)

Excellent evidence, Matt. Goes to show what you do works. I'm sure many people will be inspired by this.

Abuse imminent...
Why do you say that?? Because you have guts (metaphoric ones this time) to put up your picture with your lovely cherub kids, and you happen to be in great shape? LOL I don't think so.

Your efforts to stay in that fantastic shape are truly admirable.
Old 21 March 2014, 04:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

P.S. for Matt- The only negative thing I have to say is that your grass could do with a cut. That's all.
Old 21 March 2014, 06:06 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

P.S. for Matt- The only negative thing I have to say is that your grass could do with a cut. That's all.
Blushing ever so slightly...! Errrmm, thanks!
This was at a French restaurant last year; I don't have any recent pics but I look exactly the same but paler!

Quick Reply: Fitness and Diet