Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Work car hire deal thingies......

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2014, 11:16 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Work car hire deal thingies......

These company schemes where you rent a new car for three years - tax, insurance, repairs, tyres all paid for, then after the 3 years you get another car.

Are they any good, value for money, less hassle etc etc

Following a recent vehicle bereavement in the family, i'm waying up whether to buy another car or have a go at this scheme
Old 11 March 2014, 12:02 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on what you want to drive , what you currently drive and the difference between those and what you save/what you lose.

Bearing in mind, you will be liable for scratches, dents, scuffs the lot. All servicing you do I believe. Repairs - under warranty yes, your fault, no chance.

If you're a careful driver, you can save a couple of grand a year. If you scuff wheels, the missus occasionally uses the car as a battering ram for shopping trolleys, you may be better off sticking to owning it yourself.

I done it for about 8 years, eventually after hiring an impreza, 3 difference models over a few years, i just had to own one as I couldn't mod the hire one, not without returning back to stock when I return it. Plus insurance dont want to know if you're modding a hire car either.

You will save - if you look after the car. Plus you get a new car 3 years so cant be bad. Are they making you pay for GAP insurance? that can be anything from £300-£600 the last time i used it. If you wreck the car, the difference in depreciation won't be more than what the car was worth when new.

Definitely check over the insurance side of things, they might be covering it, but you might want to see what the excess is, GAP etc..
Old 11 March 2014, 01:13 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

YHM
Old 18 March 2014, 12:21 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I think all the servicing costs are covered and also repairs and such like.
It also states that new tyres are covered, although i'm not sure if that includes punctures.

I think as well you are given a set millage which you can't go over; now i'm not sure if that means that they will calculate the daily commute to work plus a little bit for shopping runs and that's it - or if they will be a bit more generous.

So far i think the Hyundai i10 seems a goer - £150 per month (5 door & 5 seats) meets our needs
Old 18 March 2014, 07:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Depends,

The scheme we have access to is good,

You specify the time period /mileage you want to change the car at, and just before it reaches it you change it.

Minimum is 9,000 miles i think or 3 months

Only cost is fuel, everything else is covered.

Mart