Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

O2 Tu Go

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2013, 09:04 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default O2 Tu Go

That's the future right there, mobile phone contract that's not tied to a device. I just answered a call on my iPad, messages work the same as does voicemail.

Should be great overseas, I can use my UK minutes instead of Skype credit.
Old 18 August 2013, 09:08 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O2 Tu Go, Whats the story with everyone deliberately spelling like plebs nowadays?
Old 18 August 2013, 09:09 PM
winston69
Scooby Regular

Looks brilliant to be fair
Old 18 August 2013, 09:29 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

i was pointed towards this when i was having signal problems, i looked it up and didnt think it got rated well ? Never paid much attention TBH but the premise seemed good.
Old 18 August 2013, 09:35 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

No need for femto cells in low coverage areas, that's got to be good, makes them look great for little cost as well.

Bit of a boo boo in the TV ad, pretty sure they show Skype being used on the iPad.
Old 18 August 2013, 09:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's the sauce
Old 19 August 2013, 09:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Its handy. Especially because my iP4s has terrible reception at home, so at least I can hop on the WiFi and it'll still take calls.

If there were more free Wifi hotspots round here It'd be ace, as I could get rid of my iPhone and have a small tablet instead and then have a smaller dedicated mobile phone for when I just need to call/text.

IMO something that is needed now is the ability to have the same phone number on multiple phones and devices. Indeed, it did exist in the past with analogue mobile phones. I vividly recall the car phone system in the car having the same telephone number as the portable phone (Motorola Star-TAC if you can remember them ) When everything switched to digital GSM that feature was lost...the best the providers could do was have redirects, which was a bit poo in comparison, plus it cost more - two phone/sim contracts, extra cost to redirect calls etc. Our old E39 BMW Champagne Edition had a built in GSM phone kit as standard, whilst it had a removable phone, it was a ancient Motorola, so no substitute. The BM's phone kit was rarely used as it was such a inconvenience to redirect call to different phone numbers.

Nowadays, Smartphones are so ridiculously huge for a man who refuses to use a "man bag" to store it in The last thing I want is a giant Galaxy or iP5 bulging in my pocket (notably none of the dedicated phone pockets in my jackets are big enough for a modern smart phone). The same for the battery life and signal, which on most isn't as good as older lower-tech phones dedicated for voice calls. And also in rough environments where one doesn't want to smash the glass screen (again). Hence my old Nokia 8310 still soldiers on, due to it being tiny, massively superior signal and a battery life rated in weeks, not days. I've dropped it off the roof of the house (fell out my pocket), its fine, bar a slight crack.

...if only it had the same telephone number as my iP4S,

Last edited by ALi-B; 19 August 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 19 August 2013, 02:27 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I've just downloaded it to try on my PC, I have rubbish signal at home...and no iPhad. Is there a way to synch contacts from my phone to my PC?
Old 19 August 2013, 02:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BOB.T
I've just downloaded it to try on my PC, I have rubbish signal at home...and no iPhad. Is there a way to synch contacts from my phone to my PC?
If you had an iPhad, I would say yes, easily, but as you have a phone I have no idea and neither will anyone else. What sort of phone do you have?
Old 19 August 2013, 02:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ALi-B
...if only it had the same telephone number as my iP4S,
That's the point though, my iPad now has the same phone number as my iPhone with the sim. You call my phone I can answer on my iPad, I can call you from my iPad and it looks to you the same as calling from my phone.
Old 19 August 2013, 03:11 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

When I say PC I mean on Tu Go, on my PC, reading the FAQs it seems you can't. There's only the GF that ever texts me anyway and I've already put her number in!
Old 19 August 2013, 03:28 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
O2 Tu Go, Whats the story with everyone deliberately spelling like plebs nowadays?
Itz all 'bout reachin the pubics innit

fpmsl , it is getting ridiculous. The new 2014 english dictionary will be coming out soon, its only 2 pages long lol
Old 19 August 2013, 03:43 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carlh
Itz all 'bout reachin the pubics innit

fpmsl , it is getting ridiculous. The new 2014 english dictionary will be coming out soon, its only 2 pages long lol
Yup, does my bloody head in sometimes, Phones 4 u, Injury Lawyers 4 u, seriously how can someone take a company serious that cannot even be bothered to spell it's own ******* name properly?
Old 19 August 2013, 07:34 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
That's the point though, my iPad now has the same phone number as my iPhone with the sim. You call my phone I can answer on my iPad, I can call you from my iPad and it looks to you the same as calling from my phone.

Yeah I know, But I don't have a tablet - I use it on my iPhone when I have no signal.

My current issue is constantly swapping sims between two phones which with a micro-sim is somewhat fiddly.

This may allow me to use a tablet and bin my 4S in liue of something more compact and bijoux (and better signal/battery) then use the tablet for the smartphone stuff....

Last edited by ALi-B; 19 August 2013 at 07:37 PM.